ChargePoint Home Charger - Delayed Charging - Page 2 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-10-2020, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipace2020 View Post
I'm sorry, I'm having a terrible time understanding this. Delayed charge is somehow set in preconditioning? Is that right? Lord this is more complicated than it should be.
Ha! Well, obviously you don't work for JLR!!

It is beyond baffling how something that GENUINELY should be simple was designed so poorly that it has generated hundreds of various forum posts - AND STILL NOT BE FIXED. Nothing about timed charging makes sense, starting (as I have said before) that CHARGING functions are accessed under the PRECONDITIONING onboard button. And even if you know that tidbit, it is a mystery how to get to timed charging, let alone make it work properly.

I have managed to make mine work only because my home charger (Juicebox Pro) sets it up easily. I turned off any onboard timer and just use the Juicebox. Set it up one time and it works every time.

I have heard that JLR engineers are aware of this problem, and have been for some time. With all the easily remedied small software problems on the I Pace that remain problems, JLR has signaled that its priorities are elsewhere. As former and current Tesla owners can attest, despite whatever complaints you may have about a Tesla, if a problem of this sort is found, it is addressed immediately. And invariably fixed.
ipace2020 likes this.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-10-2020, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golflaw View Post
Tesla owners can attest, despite whatever complaints you may have about a Tesla, if a problem of this sort is found, it is addressed immediately. And invariably fixed.
Not to stir the Tesla pot too much, but you forgot the "or just silently removed as a feature" option for Tesla remedies to problems of this sort (e.g. walk up unlock)

2019 Corris Gray FE
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-12-2020, 08:41 PM

Timed charging - Juice Box works

I could never get the iPace timer to work, so I opted for a Juice Box charger. I can set the starting and stopping time via the phone app and it works consistently. JLR should make the iPace charger simple and consistent by itself!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-13-2020, 06:37 PM

Lightbulb Delayed charging

On my iPace no matter what setting you set it to it starts charging immediately.

I gave up and plug it in at 11 PM every night.

My Chevrolet Bolt works as directed and when it detects its not at home (via GPS) it sets to charge when plugged in anywhere else.

Dunno what is so difficult for Jaguar to figure out with this one it's very simple.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page