SoC dropped 5% overnight. Departure? - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 01:31 PM Thread Starter

SoC dropped 5% overnight. Departure?

The SoC dropped from 94% to 89% last night. Car was plugged in with timed charging selected for later this afternoon. I did have a departure set for 9:00AM to keep timed charging active. I forgot to turn it off but I am concerned that a forgotten departure would drain the battery by 5% while plugged in.

The hazard button was illuminated well after the departure time ended. I unplugged the car and cycled the door locks and the hazard button is now dark. Any ideas as to the sudden battery drain?
post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 01:48 PM

Garage
Was the outside temp really high and the car was running the AC to get to / keep the climate control at the desired temp?
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 01:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberSlug View Post
Was the outside temp really high and the car was running the AC to get to / keep the climate control at the desired temp?
Temp inside the garage was probably in the mid to upper 80's. AC probably ran but would the power drain be higher than what the level 2 charger could replace? Or would it not replace at all due to timed charging? I've previously used departures and lost perhaps 1% but I was on time getting into the car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 02:05 PM Thread Starter

My other question is, how long will the departure cycle run after the set time? Good experiment for me to try, I guess.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 02:42 PM

Garage
I'd definitely be interested to know those things as well. I haven't had to use them much at this point (because I don't drive enough to need to charge through the week, and our ToU is 8pm Fri - 8am Mon), but if I do and then end up changing my plans it would be nice to know if that will really deplete things.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 02:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberSlug View Post
I'd definitely be interested to know those things as well. I haven't had to use them much at this point (because I don't drive enough to need to charge through the week, and our ToU is 8pm Fri - 8am Mon), but if I do and then end up changing my plans it would be nice to know if that will really deplete things.
I'll do the experiment today and will post the results.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 04:25 PM Thread Starter

Conditions were set exactly as the 9:00AM departure. Car was plugged in with future timed charging set and target temperature set at 72. Garage temp was 79. Incontrol app showed climate control running at 30 minutes prior to departure but car was silent and only the Max Defrost button flashing - no cabin air flow. At 15 minutes prior to departure the air flow started but the AC button was dark so I don't know if it was running. Car shut down 10 minutes after scheduled departure. SoC dropped only 1% and hazard button was not illuminated.

I can't explain either the 5% drop from earlier this morning or the illuminated hazard button. Perhaps something hung up on vehicle shutdown. But I did learn that the vehicle shuts down 10 minutes after the scheduled departure time.

I will try the procedure again with vehicle unplugged to see if there's a greater loss of SoC.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 06:03 PM Thread Starter

Same departure procedure with car unplugged. Garage temp was 90%. Car shut down at the scheduled departure time vice 10 minutes later when car was plugged. Of interest, the SoC before departure was 88% and ended at 88%.

Still unexplained is the 5% loss from morning departure.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtSprings View Post
Same departure procedure with car unplugged. Garage temp was 90%. Car shut down at the scheduled departure time vice 10 minutes later when car was plugged. Of interest, the SoC before departure was 88% and ended at 88%.

Still unexplained is the 5% loss from morning departure.
Whatever caused that illuminated hazard button also most likely caused the battery drain. The dealer should be able to retrieve a fault code next time you're there.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 07:27 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, Sciencegeek. I'll bring it by the dealer.
sciencegeek likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page