SoC dropped 5% overnight. Departure? - Page 2 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 3Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 01:02 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 22
Hazard button illuminated well after the car should be asleep indicates the car isn't sleeping and it will drain the battery much faster than normal in that state. My hazard button stayed on for 7 days when I had the blank screen issue. In that state, it drained the battery much faster than normal when parked and locked. The I-Pace has no shortage of software gremlins. It's a shame because its such a great car otherwise. I'm still hopeful JLR will manage to remove their heads from their rumps at some point and straighten these things out but they are certainly trying our collective patience.
deafsoundguy and epirali like this.
juice is offline  
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 10:03 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
2761's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by juice View Post
Hazard button illuminated well after the car should be asleep indicates the car isn't sleeping and it will drain the battery much faster than normal in that state. My hazard button stayed on for 7 days when I had the blank screen issue. In that state, it drained the battery much faster than normal when parked and locked. The I-Pace has no shortage of software gremlins. It's a shame because its such a great car otherwise. I'm still hopeful JLR will manage to remove their heads from their rumps at some point and straighten these things out but they are certainly trying our collective patience.
Did JLR fix your blank screen problem? I had the same issue and a software update fixed it. The car is doing much better and was fine last night - no battery drain. It was probably something related to the car awaking for the departure time and then not shutting down properly. I will bring it to the dealer and find out what happened.

I so agree if JLR could fix these gremlins that the car would be fantastic. I still have adaptive cruise control and blind spot monitoring issues that make the car unsafe if I use them. I'm unsure if software can fix them.
2761 is offline  
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 03:12 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtSprings View Post
Did JLR fix your blank screen problem?

Nope. My screens were blank for 7 days. The screens woke up on the way to the dealer for the service appointment. My dealer said the car didn't report any fault codes so they wouldn't do anything about it. They wouldn't even acknowledge that this is a common problem. They told me there is no material from JLR corporate distributed to service departments on the issue. As reported on forums, Telematics version 16.2 might actually fix the issue, but my dealer refuses to acknowledge the existence of any version beyond the 14.2 my car has. They tell me my car's modules all have the latest software versions, but I know the only two modules I can tell the version of (telematics and infotainment) both have newer versions available. I just laugh and keep enjoying the car. SOTA will hopefully resolve this situation soon.



Do you know what they updated on yours to resolve the problem?


The sucks about your blind spot and ACC troubles. Both of those systems work pretty well on mine. Like you said, that probably isn't a software issue. I hope you manage to get those resolved because they are both quite useful.
juice is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 10:56 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
2761's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by juice View Post
Nope. My screens were blank for 7 days. The screens woke up on the way to the dealer for the service appointment. My dealer said the car didn't report any fault codes so they wouldn't do anything about it. They wouldn't even acknowledge that this is a common problem. They told me there is no material from JLR corporate distributed to service departments on the issue. As reported on forums, Telematics version 16.2 might actually fix the issue, but my dealer refuses to acknowledge the existence of any version beyond the 14.2 my car has. They tell me my car's modules all have the latest software versions, but I know the only two modules I can tell the version of (telematics and infotainment) both have newer versions available. I just laugh and keep enjoying the car. SOTA will hopefully resolve this situation soon.



Do you know what they updated on yours to resolve the problem?


The sucks about your blind spot and ACC troubles. Both of those systems work pretty well on mine. Like you said, that probably isn't a software issue. I hope you manage to get those resolved because they are both quite useful.
Sorry to read about your dealer. It's unacceptable that they refuse to admit that there is a known issue with the touchscreens after the 19A update. There is new software as discussed in this forum and someone posted a Topix bulletin that describes the touchscreen issue in detail. I'll track it down for you.

My screens were fixed by a telematics update but neither the car nor the paperwork list the version. The screens are much more stable and only seem to boot slowly when my grandkids are in the car. It HAS to be their fault, eh?

I recommend you contact either another dealer or JLR directly and have them call the offending dealer.
2761 is offline  
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 11:11 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
2761's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 392
Juice, please see post 21 of this link as it has the Topix memorandum regarding the blank touchscreen issue.

https://www.google.com/url?client=in...4D6C9Gj_mJHwDv
2761 is offline  
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
2761's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 392
I will bring the car in for service again as the SoC dropped last night and the hazard button is illuminated 12 hours after shut down. Since the initial 5% drop the SoC has dropped slightly (1%-2%) three times but I dismissed it as normal. Now I'm seeing a trend and need to find out why.

It's frustrating because I took the car for a long country drive and everything worked well.
2761 is offline  
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 11:10 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtSprings View Post
Juice, please see post 21 of this link as it has the Topix memorandum regarding the blank touchscreen issue.
Thanks for the info, but the PDF in that post is not from JLR and none of the steps described there worked for me when the screens were blank. It only happened to my car once in 6 months of ownership and over 6000 miles of use. I'd rather chance having the problem again instead of wasting time fighting with my dealer which isn't likely to help anyway. I'm not mad at the dealer. They are nice people and try to be helpful. It's an annoying problem, but the car still drives fine. Yours sounds much more severe and I probably wouldn't be as cavalier about it if it happened to mine as frequently as it seems to be happening to yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtSprings View Post
I will bring the car in for service again as the SoC dropped last night and the hazard button is illuminated 12 hours after shut down. Since the initial 5% drop the SoC has dropped slightly (1%-2%) three times but I dismissed it as normal. Now I'm seeing a trend and need to find out why.

It's frustrating because I took the car for a long country drive and everything worked well.
Ugh. Good luck.
I don't know if it was a coincidence, but when my screens woke up both key fobs were in the car. The one I normally use has a profile tied to it and with both key fobs in the car, it may not have been able to decide which profile to use and that may have woken up the screens. So, you might try using the other key fob and see if that wakes it up. Again, this only happened to my car once, but the screens were dead for 7 days and they woke up within minutes of both key fobs entering the car. The screens didn't wake up immediately, it took a few minutes of driving before they woke up.
juice is offline  
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 01:00 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
2761's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by juice View Post
Ugh. Good luck.
I don't know if it was a coincidence, but when my screens woke up both key fobs were in the car. The one I normally use has a profile tied to it and with both key fobs in the car, it may not have been able to decide which profile to use and that may have woken up the screens. So, you might try using the other key fob and see if that wakes it up. Again, this only happened to my car once, but the screens were dead for 7 days and they woke up within minutes of both key fobs entering the car. The screens didn't wake up immediately, it took a few minutes of driving before they woke up.
Thanks, Juice. Telematics update fixed the touchscreens and the update to 19A solved many of the infotainment issues. All that's remaining to fix is the battery drain problem. Oh, the dealer also needs to tow the loaner Discovery Sport that's broken down in my driveway. I've lost faith in any JLR product.
2761 is offline  
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
2761's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciencegeek View Post
Whatever caused that illuminated hazard button also most likely caused the battery drain. The dealer should be able to retrieve a fault code next time you're there.
I picked up the car after 6 days at the dealer and they couldn't reproduce the problem. There were no fault codes from the 5 or 6 times that the hazard button remained illuminated and the battery drained while parked overnight. I'm disappointed that they couldn't determine a cause but that's the nature of intermittent faults.
2761 is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome