Canít charge above 90%? - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 06:35 AM Thread Starter

Canít charge above 90%?

I just got my iPace back from the dealer after the latest software update and it appears that I canít charge up to 100%. The charging stops at 90% and says ĎFully Chargedí with a range of about 270kms. Did anyone find a new menu option for capping the State-Of-Charge to a certain percentage? I have driven it to a low state of charge twice to see if it needed to re-learn something but the charging still seems to cap at 90%. If it doesnít sort itself, I guess I will have to check with the dealer however the people on this forum seem t know more than they do.

Timbo
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
I just got my iPace back from the dealer after the latest software update and it appears that I can’t charge up to 100%. The charging stops at 90% and says ‘Fully Charged’ with a range of about 270kms. Did anyone find a new menu option for capping the State-Of-Charge to a certain percentage? I have driven it to a low state of charge twice to see if it needed to re-learn something but the charging still seems to cap at 90%. If it doesn’t sort itself, I guess I will have to check with the dealer however the people on this forum seem t know more than they do.

Timbo
Another owner posted the same problem on FB, but I have no idea if they ever resolved it
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 09:46 AM

Quote:
I just got my iPace back from the dealer after the latest software update and it appears that I can’t charge up to 100%. The charging stops at 90% and says ‘Fully Charged’ with a range of about 270kms. Did anyone find a new menu option for capping the State-Of-Charge to a certain percentage? I have driven it to a low state of charge twice to see if it needed to re-learn something but the charging still seems to cap at 90%. If it doesn’t sort itself, I guess I will have to check with the dealer however the people on this forum seem t know more than they do.

Timbo
270km range? Even 90% should be a bit better than that. Back to the dealer I fear...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 10:18 AM

Quote:
I just got my iPace back from the dealer after the latest software update and it appears that I canít charge up to 100%. The charging stops at 90% and says ĎFully Chargedí with a range of about 270kms. Did anyone find a new menu option for capping the State-Of-Charge to a certain percentage? I have driven it to a low state of charge twice to see if it needed to re-learn something but the charging still seems to cap at 90%. If it doesnít sort itself, I guess I will have to check with the dealer however the people on this forum seem t know more than they do.

Timbo
Which Update was done for your car? - H213 or H228.
It will be helpful if you look at the service report to tell us all updates that were applied. H228 was released to correct a problem seen by some cars when H213 was applied.
You likely also got the Brake Regen recall done, and perhaps the Infortainment update done. The gateway and charging update would impact what you see for total range and % charged.

2019 I-Pace EV400 SE
Firenze Red - Ebony/Ebony
Driver Assist Pack
Black Exterior Pack
20" 5 Spoke Style 5068 Gloss Black Wheels
plus a few extras
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 11:06 AM

Mine is up past 90%. Flashed on Tuesday.

Could they have added a feature with programmable charging levels like many have requested?

Jaguar i-Pace FE Photon Red 20" wheels, "Leaper"
Two Chevrolet Volts in service
24.2 kW x 480v 3ph solar array self-installed.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-26-2019, 07:40 PM Thread Starter

*** Update ***

It turns out my main battery pack has gone bad in a number of the cells and they have shut themselves off giving me a max SOC of 89% and an estimated range of 270kms. They have ordered a main battery but from what I understand it will be some time before it arrives as apparently it is not as easy as dropping it in the FedEx box. I am also a little worried that the car is going to be practically fully disassembled to do the replacement. I would think that this is a very expensive repair for Jag. I wonder if it wasnít under warranty how much that would be?

Anyhow, they put it back together and gave it back so at least I have 89% of my car to use while I wait. I wonder if the old girl will be the same after the ĎOpen Heart Surgeryí?

I will post updates as I receive them.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-26-2019, 07:54 PM

Quote:
*** Update ***

It turns out my main battery pack has gone bad in a number of the cells and they have shut themselves off giving me a max SOC of 89% and an estimated range of 270kms. They have ordered a main battery but from what I understand it will be some time before it arrives as apparently it is not as easy as dropping it in the FedEx box. I am also a little worried that the car is going to be practically fully disassembled to do the replacement. I would think that this is a very expensive repair for Jag. I wonder if it wasn’t under warranty how much that would be?

Anyhow, they put it back together and gave it back so at least I have 89% of my car to use while I wait. I wonder if the old girl will be the same after the ‘Open Heart Surgery’?

I will post updates as I receive them.
Too bad they made it so difficult. I watched a video of a Model S getting a battery swap and it is relatively simple and if I remember correctly it only took a few hours. For sure less than a day It drops out from the bottom of the car.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 12:03 PM

Wow. Bummer. What's the best way to get an extended warranty on these cars?

Besides, 90% charge on a Tesla is what you're normally allowed to do.

Photon FE, 2013 FR-S, 2017 RAM 1500, 2014 Forester

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page