2020 Jaguar I-Pace Confirmed To Travel Over 300 Miles On A Single Charge - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 12:30 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
wbjag's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 42
2020 Jaguar I-Pace Confirmed To Travel Over 300 Miles On A Single Charge

I ordered a vehicle instead of taking one off the lot for many reasons, it was a tough thing to wait. The main reasons were I had heard the 2020 was going to have an increased range and the other particular to what I want and second year helps to work out the bugs. Tough to confirm increased range though. Couldn't confirm through dealers, they would emphatically state it was not mentioned in the memos they received on the 2020 updates. It was non-confirmed rumors in web media. I did see one site that stated JLR did not renew the contract with their current battery supplier LG, the new supplier Samsung, which they stated gave credence to the rumor of increased range. I had found one article that stated it was confirmed but couldn't put my hands on it. I just found this one that's states confirmed and official so thought I would post.

2020 Jaguar I-Pace Confirmed To Travel Over 300 Miles On A Single Charge

https://www.suvproject.com/2020-jaguar-i-pace/


Excerpts:
...it will get a more powerful battery. Officials say that with the new powerful battery, this model will easily travel over 300 miles with a single charge and it will beat all competitors on the market.

2020 Jaguar I-Pace Under the Hood
The new model 2020 Jaguar I-Pace is the futuristic SUV that will be able to travel over 300 miles in one charge according to the latest news. The upcoming model will be the main competitor to the Tesla X model. However, thanks to the new battery that will increase the range of the 2020 Jaguar I-Pace, Tesla must change its politic to be competitive.


Not banking on it but sure would be nice if it holds true.

The wait is gruesome

2020 I-Pace HSE
Fuji White/20" 5 spoke 'Style 5068' with Diamond Turned finish/(AdSR)
Light Oyster Windsor leather sport seats with Ebony/Light Oyster interior
Light Oyster Suedecloth headlining/Heated steering wheel/Head-up Display
18-way heated and cooled electric memory front seats with heated rear seats
Meridian™ Surround Sound System/Gloss Charcoal Ash veneer
Front fog lights/Four-zone Climate Control
Configurable Ambient Interior Lighting
Delivery 08/16/19
wbjag is offline  
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 01:34 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: So Calif
Posts: 375
Link also says the 2019 model does 295 miles just to keep it in perspective.
Time2Roll is offline  
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 01:41 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbjag View Post
I ordered a vehicle instead of taking one off the lot for many reasons, it was a tough thing to wait. The main reasons were I had heard the 2020 was going to have an increased range and the other particular to what I want and second year helps to work out the bugs. Tough to confirm increased range though. Couldn't confirm through dealers, they would emphatically state it was not mentioned in the memos they received on the 2020 updates. It was non-confirmed rumors in web media. I did see one site that stated JLR did not renew the contract with their current battery supplier LG, the new supplier Samsung, which they stated gave credence to the rumor of increased range. I had found one article that stated it was confirmed but couldn't put my hands on it. I just found this one that's states confirmed and official so thought I would post.

2020 Jaguar I-Pace Confirmed To Travel Over 300 Miles On A Single Charge

https://www.suvproject.com/2020-jaguar-i-pace/


Excerpts:
...it will get a more powerful battery. Officials say that with the new powerful battery, this model will easily travel over 300 miles with a single charge and it will beat all competitors on the market.

2020 Jaguar I-Pace Under the Hood
The new model 2020 Jaguar I-Pace is the futuristic SUV that will be able to travel over 300 miles in one charge according to the latest news. The upcoming model will be the main competitor to the Tesla X model. However, thanks to the new battery that will increase the range of the 2020 Jaguar I-Pace, Tesla must change its politic to be competitive.


Not banking on it but sure would be nice if it holds true.

The wait is gruesome
The Samsung deal was announced last September, even before the I-Pace was released for sale in the US. Hard to say when they did/will start using the Samsung batteries.
Dantrium is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 02:44 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
wbjag's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2Roll View Post
Link also says the 2019 model does 295 miles just to keep it in perspective.
Yes, caught that.

2020 I-Pace HSE
Fuji White/20" 5 spoke 'Style 5068' with Diamond Turned finish/(AdSR)
Light Oyster Windsor leather sport seats with Ebony/Light Oyster interior
Light Oyster Suedecloth headlining/Heated steering wheel/Head-up Display
18-way heated and cooled electric memory front seats with heated rear seats
Meridian™ Surround Sound System/Gloss Charcoal Ash veneer
Front fog lights/Four-zone Climate Control
Configurable Ambient Interior Lighting
Delivery 08/16/19
wbjag is offline  
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 02:48 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
wbjag's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantrium View Post
The Samsung deal was announced last September, even before the I-Pace was released for sale in the US. Hard to say when they did/will start using the Samsung batteries.
The article stated that LGs were only being used in the first year and the Samsung's being used next.

2020 I-Pace HSE
Fuji White/20" 5 spoke 'Style 5068' with Diamond Turned finish/(AdSR)
Light Oyster Windsor leather sport seats with Ebony/Light Oyster interior
Light Oyster Suedecloth headlining/Heated steering wheel/Head-up Display
18-way heated and cooled electric memory front seats with heated rear seats
Meridian™ Surround Sound System/Gloss Charcoal Ash veneer
Front fog lights/Four-zone Climate Control
Configurable Ambient Interior Lighting
Delivery 08/16/19
wbjag is offline  
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 05:57 PM
Senior Member
 
McRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Norco, California, USA
Posts: 1,315
That article was odd to say the least. Not giving it much weight.

Jaguar i-Pace FE Photon Red 20" wheels, "Leaper"
Two Chevrolet Volts in service
24.2 kW x 480v 3ph solar array self-installed.
McRat is online now  
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 09:10 PM
Senior Member
 
sciencegeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Palo Alto
Posts: 1,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by McRat View Post
That article was odd to say the least. Not giving it much weight.
Typical internet garbage without sources

Quote:
The new model 2020 Jaguar I-Pace is the futuristic SUV that will be able to travel over 300 miles in one charge according to the latest news. The upcoming model will be the main competitor to the Tesla X model. However, thanks to the new battery that will increase the range of the 2020 Jaguar I-Pace, Tesla must change its politic to be competitive.
"according to the latest news"
and
"Tesla must change its politic to be competitive"
"politic" is an adjective. besides, its meaning is nowhere close to whatever that dude is trying to say

another 15 year old who wants to get clicks on his web site
sciencegeek is online now  
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 10:12 AM
Junior Member
 
chaan126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 16
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by time2roll View Post
link also says the 2019 model does 295 miles just to keep it in perspective.
yeah if you drive it at 33 mph on a downhill slope thats 410 miles long
chaan126 is offline  
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 03:44 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 124
This would be a few miles longer than its current WTLP range, FYI. also, article sounds silly.

And from a supply chain perspective, I highly doubt JLR will be switching battery types for the ipace--it will make service a nightmare. My take was the contract with samsung for different format batteries was for upcoming, unannounced EVs like the XJ. The samsung deal was for cylindrical batteries, the i-pace uses pouch. They'd likely have to redesign a huge chunk of the car.

2017 Jaguar F-Pace S
Ordered: 2019 Jaguar I-Pace HSE First Edition Corris Grey
Pseudonym is offline  
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 02:42 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 35
My strong guess is that the suggestion 2020 models have a different range is c***. I don’t know about the US but 2020 models are already being delivered here in Europe and no one is suggesting they are getting any different performance or range from 2019 cars. Yes, we are all getting better range due to it being early summer and warmer - in my case just over 230 miles on the GOM for a regular journey that gave me just over 200 in winter.
JonB is online now  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome