Dealerships have fix for brake Regen recall - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 4Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 10:44 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
CurtSprings's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 282
Dealerships have fix for brake Regen recall

I contacted my dealer after learning that my car is included in the I-PACE brake regeneration system recall. He told me that the software update is available and I can schedule the download anytime. I'll bring the car in on Saturday and get the 19A update installed as well. OTA updates are still unavailable in Colorado.
McRat likes this.
CurtSprings is online now  
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 11:00 PM
Senior Member
 
McRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Norco, California, USA
Posts: 1,263
OTA is still not functional AFAIK. There is a lot of talk, but no meat. They need to get that going soon. There are not enough JLR I-Pace technicians in our area, so a reflash can take days instead of hours like other brands.

Jaguar i-Pace FE Photon Red 20" wheels, "Leaper"
Two Chevrolet Volts in service
24.2 kW x 480v 3ph solar array self-installed.
McRat is online now  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 12:07 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
CurtSprings's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 282
Pardon my ignorance but what is AFAIK?
CurtSprings is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 12:18 AM
Senior Member
 
McRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Norco, California, USA
Posts: 1,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtSprings View Post
Pardon my ignorance but what is AFAIK?
As Far As I Know. Sorry, web slang.

Jaguar i-Pace FE Photon Red 20" wheels, "Leaper"
Two Chevrolet Volts in service
24.2 kW x 480v 3ph solar array self-installed.
McRat is online now  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 12:25 AM
Senior Member
 
sciencegeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Palo Alto
Posts: 889
FWIW, IIRC tomorrow is Tuesday AFAIK. LOL (or LMAO?)
HTH
McRat, squishball and LauderdaleFE like this.
sciencegeek is online now  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 12:32 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
CurtSprings's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciencegeek View Post
FWIW, IIRC tomorrow is Tuesday AFAIK. LOL (or LMAO?)
HTH
Lol, I thought AFAIK was a technical term. I have most of the slang down but still learning. Thanks!
CurtSprings is online now  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 12:43 AM
Senior Member
 
McRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Norco, California, USA
Posts: 1,263
HTH - Happy to Help?

Jaguar i-Pace FE Photon Red 20" wheels, "Leaper"
Two Chevrolet Volts in service
24.2 kW x 480v 3ph solar array self-installed.
McRat is online now  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 12:46 AM
Senior Member
 
sciencegeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Palo Alto
Posts: 889
Quote:
Originally Posted by McRat View Post
HTH - Happy to Help?
Hope This Helps is how I know it ... but who knows, really
sciencegeek is online now  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 01:34 AM
Senior Member
 
Meldev##44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Colorado
Posts: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtSprings View Post
I contacted my dealer after learning that my car is included in the I-PACE brake regeneration system recall. He told me that the software update is available and I can schedule the download anytime. I'll bring the car in on Saturday and get the 19A update installed as well. OTA updates are still unavailable in Colorado.
Just had service update to S19A done last week.
Did not notice major difference, but more even regen to a complete stop.

I was told that there were 3 recalls for my vin# with regen 1 of the 3.

Also had BCCM (Battery Charger Control Module) update to address a stop charging problem that occurred once.

Had front struts/air spring replacement to fix knocking sounds.
And also had 4 mud flaps installed. Car was at dealer for 5 days. (parts)

Asked about 100kW charge speed update, but no such thing.

Jaguar I-Pace SE Borasco Grey Mars Red Interior Clear Bra Ceramic Coat
20" Wheels Mud Flaps Meridian Surround Sound Driver Assist Pack
Meldev##44 is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 03:02 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meldev##44 View Post
Just had service update to S19A done last week.
Did not notice major difference, but more even regen to a complete stop.

I was told that there were 3 recalls for my vin# with regen 1 of the 3.

Also had BCCM (Battery Charger Control Module) update to address a stop charging problem that occurred once.

Had front struts/air spring replacement to fix knocking sounds.
And also had 4 mud flaps installed. Car was at dealer for 5 days. (parts)

Asked about 100kW charge speed update, but no such thing.
S19A brings a bunch of other issues such as creep mode resetting itself as well as safety features (e.g. emergency lane assist and driver monitoring). What BCCM the telematics update? If so what version. I had the front air dampers replaced on my car and it fixed the annoying "pop" sound over bumpy roads and speed bumps
[email protected] is online now  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome