Broken charge port locking mechanism - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 11:30 AM Thread Starter

Broken charge port locking mechanism

I plugged into an EVgo fast charger but the station could not establish communication with the car. I unplugged the charger and tried again with the same results. I called EVgo customer service and the rep walked me through the process on both a fast and level 2 charger with no luck. I drove home and the car still wouldn't charge.

Brought the car to the dealership and they diagnosed a broken locking mechanism. My local dealership is very good (Is it bad form to mention the name of the dealership?) and they had the car repaired in a few days.

I reported the problem to EVgo and they took the charger out of service where it still remains 2 weeks later. EVgo responded by email and phone call and apologized for the incident. It's unfortunate that the station was defective but both EVgo and my dealership responded well.

On a side note, my loaner was an unimpressive F-Pace. Glad I purchased the EV!
sciencegeek likes this.
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtSprings View Post
I plugged into an EVgo fast charger but the station could not establish communication with the car. I unplugged the charger and tried again with the same results. I called EVgo customer service and the rep walked me through the process on both a fast and level 2 charger with no luck. I drove home and the car still wouldn't charge.

Brought the car to the dealership and they diagnosed a broken locking mechanism. My local dealership is very good (Is it bad form to mention the name of the dealership?) and they had the car repaired in a few days.

I reported the problem to EVgo and they took the charger out of service where it still remains 2 weeks later. EVgo responded by email and phone call and apologized for the incident. It's unfortunate that the station was defective but both EVgo and my dealership responded well.

On a side note, my loaner was an unimpressive F-Pace. Glad I purchased the EV!
E-Pace is even worse. I don't think anyone has a problem with dealership names.

Photon FE, 2013 FR-S, 2017 RAM 1500, 2014 Forester
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 07:27 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, JSimon. I like to credit the good businesses because there's so much negativity- most are valid.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 09:09 PM Thread Starter

My car again failed to charge at an EVgo fast charging station and customer service couldn't explain the error. At least it didn't break the locking mechanism and the level 2 charger worked. However, when I started the car the touch screen remained black and wouldn't display even after restarting the I-Pace.

I put the car into reverse and the rear camera did show but nothing else for a few minutes and then the touch screen mysteriously started working again. I've never experienced a problem with the screen and it's too coincidental to not be related to the EVgo charging. Any thoughts?
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 03:45 AM

Quote:

I put the car into reverse and the rear camera did show but nothing else for a few minutes and then the touch screen mysteriously started working again. I've never experienced a problem with the screen and it's too coincidental to not be related to the EVgo charging. Any thoughts?
Unfortunately the blank screens are an all to common occurrence that is not likely related to EVgo chargers. Most of the time they self correct rather quickly, as they did in your case. In 6 months/9000 miles, mine have acted as you describe too many times to count. I also had a 48 hour period in which I couldn’t get them to function, even after pulling all the fuses and disconnecting the battery, but then suddenly they sprang back to life!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 08:32 AM

I wonder what the difference is in the cars, mine has only black screened once in the 3000 miles I’ve driven the car.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 10:22 AM Thread Starter

Dantrium, sorry to read about your screen problems and you're right about it being a common occurrence. I don't look forward to experiencing a blank screen again. Could you tell me how to insert another post into my comments? I can't figure out how to do it on my phone. Perhaps on the computer? Thanks!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Dantrium, sorry to read about your screen problems and you're right about it being a common occurrence. I don't look forward to experiencing a blank screen again. Could you tell me how to insert another post into my comments? I can't figure out how to do it on my phone. Perhaps on the computer? Thanks!
Do you mean to include the post you’re responding to in your reply?

I almost exclusively use my phone and on mine there is a little box in the top right corner of every post. You check that box and then at the top click the left most icon (“) to reply and it includes the post you checked.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Dantrium, sorry to read about your screen problems and you're right about it being a common occurrence. I don't look forward to experiencing a blank screen again.
99% of the time the blank screens ‘catch up’ within a few seconds. Rarely they take longer. Besides the 48 hour period I recently experienced, the longest they have stayed blank is a minute or so and that has only happened a few times. At this point I have grown accustomed to the annoyances and shortcomings of the I Pace and only notice them after I have spent time in a car that works flawlessly...
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 11:24 AM Thread Starter

Do you mean to include the post you’re responding to in your reply?

I almost exclusively use my phone and on mine there is a little box in the top right corner of every post. You check that box and then at the top click the left most icon (“) to reply and it includes the post you checked.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I think I've got it!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page