Green lights on charging port instrument panel - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
NSP

Green lights on charging port instrument panel

The manual states that there is supposed to by a green flashing light on the charging port instrument panel while the car is charging. When the car is fully charges, there is continuous green light.

On my car, the light flashes green for 30 seconds or so, then the light goes out and the car locks by itself. There is no continuous green light once the car has charged.

Do your lights work like the manual states?
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 09:35 PM

Mine behaves like yours does.

2019 I-Pace 400EV HSE First Edition
Corris Grey - Ebony/Ebony
Suede Headliner
Fully Extended Leather/Ash Wood Trim
Heads-Up Display/Four-Zone Climate
20" Wheels/Rubber Mats x5
Delivered 2/22/19
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSP View Post
The manual states that there is supposed to by a green flashing light on the charging port instrument panel while the car is charging. When the car is fully charges, there is continuous green light.

On my car, the light flashes green for 30 seconds or so, then the light goes out and the car locks by itself. There is no continuous green light once the car has charged.

Do your lights work like the manual states?
You will see in the UK posts and in some very early posts from those receiving cars in November, that you are seeing "normal" behavior that is not quite match the expectations in the iGuide. The green light flashes for a bit once the handshake is being made with the charger. Once charging has started the green light will go out. It does not flash during the entire charging time. I've not been there at the moment 100% SOC has been achieved to see if it comes back on solid for a time. You can check your EVSE to see if the car is charging. It is odd behavior as most people are used to plugging in any rechargeable device and seeing some indicator that charging is in progress and charging is done. Looks like JLR is expecting the EVSE to deliver that message.

I do not have the car locking by itself. My car will stay unlocked the entire charge unless I choose to lock it. I don't recall if there is a setting to make the auto locking happen while charging.

2019 I-Pace EV400 SE
Firenze Red - Ebony/Ebony
Driver Assist Pack
Black Exterior Pack
20" 5 Spoke Style 5068 Gloss Black Wheels
plus a few extras
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 01:16 PM Thread Starter
NSP

Thanks to both of you for your repsonse.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 09:00 PM

The auto-locking occurs when you unlock the car but don't open the door. Many cars I'm aware of do this. It is not related to charging. I assume it is to prevent an accidental unlock from the fob from setting you up for theft when it doesn't observe you actually open the door to get in.

It's also my guess that the flashing goes dark to keep people from being attracted to the charger in public. The charger handle locks into the socket to keep them from unplugging it just to mess with you. If you unlock the door again the light will reappear and report its current status for a few seconds.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page