Battery Computer Update: Delayed Charging - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-02-2019, 06:38 PM Thread Starter

Battery Computer Update: Delayed Charging

Well, JLR says there is a battery computer BECM update available. Go in and complain the Delay Charging feature does not work and quote this:

Reference SSM74191
Models I-PACE / X590
Title I Pace X590 Time charging set but vehicle is charging prior to the charge window
Category Electrical
Last modified 10-Dec-2018 00:00:00
Symptom 203000 Basic Electrical
Content
Issue:
On X590 with timed charging set (departure time and preferred charging window), the vehicle may commence charging prior to the charge window under certain conditions

Cause:
When the vehicle is "waiting to charge", the vehicle battery software can request immediate charging.
Software issue identified in the Battery Energy Control Module (BECM).

Action:
No further diagnostic action is required.

Update via Pathfinder, Software to be released in January to Battery Energy Control Module (BECM).

Jaguar i-Pace FE Photon Red 20" wheels, "Leaper"
Two Chevrolet Volts in service
24.2 kW x 480v 3ph solar array self-installed.
post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-02-2019, 07:00 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRat View Post
Go in and complain the Delay Charging feature does not work and quote this:
Have you done so and what was the response
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-02-2019, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciencegeek View Post
Have you done so and what was the response
I just found this doc today. I was going to wait for the a major update, but I might move up my schedule.
I've been in twice for updates and failed to get them each time.
So when I'm ready to surrender my car for a week, I'll try again for the 3rd time.

AND it was bad phrasing on my part, silly time-limited editing.
Tell them the delayed charging is broken, and when they say they there is nothing they can do, THEN mention SSM74191.
Might mention the 84kW cap on charging while you're there. Might be another bulletin on that since the website says 100kW.
sciencegeek, ryzvy and dtgsrq like this.

Jaguar i-Pace FE Photon Red 20" wheels, "Leaper"
Two Chevrolet Volts in service
24.2 kW x 480v 3ph solar array self-installed.

Last edited by McRat; 02-02-2019 at 07:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 12:38 AM

I think your experience has alot to do with dealer attitude which seems to vary. At mine when I found out about the 18D upgrade I went to them and told them I wanted mine updated. At first while I waited they said that they couldn't see anything at all in the computer. I pressed and they went back and looked some more and found it. They then scheduled me to come back since they timed it as a 3 hour update. They also fixed my rear gesture which wasn't working at all. Works well now, you just have to make sure the car is locked for it to work at all. Doesn't work if you have already unlocked the car.

Jaguar I-Pace First Edition Photon Red
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGhiron View Post
I think your experience has alot to do with dealer attitude which seems to vary. At mine when I found out about the 18D upgrade I went to them and told them I wanted mine updated. At first while I waited they said that they couldn't see anything at all in the computer. I pressed and they went back and looked some more and found it. They then scheduled me to come back since they timed it as a 3 hour update. They also fixed my rear gesture which wasn't working at all. Works well now, you just have to make sure the car is locked for it to work at all. Doesn't work if you have already unlocked the car.
My gesture is wonky. I gotta try the locked thing.
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 10:45 PM

Rear gesture not working if unlocked? May explain some of my frustration with it recently, but seems like a 'bug' to me! When I go out in my garage with 2 handfuls of gear (and car unlocked), why shouldn't gesture work???
Somebody please give me one good reason it shouldn't work when car is unlocked???
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 11:21 PM

Believe me I told the Dealer tech guy I thought that was crazy limiting. He told me it is that way on all the rovers as well. I was like but why, and he said something about well if it is unlocked and someone else comes near your car they could pop your back without you wanting them to. What can I say not the best engineering thought seems to have gone into it.

Jaguar I-Pace First Edition Photon Red
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 12:30 AM

...if it's unlocked someone could use the gesture to open it if you didn't want them to is laugable. They could also just hit the trunk open button if you didn't want them to.
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 07:41 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtgsrq View Post
Rear gesture not working if unlocked? May explain some of my frustration with it recently, but seems like a 'bug' to me! When I go out in my garage with 2 handfuls of gear (and car unlocked), why shouldn't gesture work???
Somebody please give me one good reason it shouldn't work when car is unlocked???
Nothing in the manual suggests it only works while locked...either the dealer is confused or my car is broken, as mine works perfectly fine locked or unlocked (I even went outside right now and conformed it and it is -11F and the car is caked with snow and grime). It took me a week or so to figure out exactly how/where to do the kick, but I never have a problem now. It is more responsive/reliable than our Odyssey. Although I do wish the sensor was in the center of the car versus on the outboard edges.
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 09:21 AM

Rear gesture works fine locked or unlocked. I believe the FOB needs to be within range however to activate things if the car is in locked state, otherwise anyone could open gesture it. I actually havent tested this or the range however so will try sometime.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page