Charging Fault - Page 3 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 10:11 PM

Aw man, that sounds really sad. I hope they figure it out soon. Fingers crossed for you!
post #22 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciencegeek View Post
Aw man, that sounds really sad. I hope they figure it out soon. Fingers crossed for you!
Thank you for the good wishes!

I did learn one useful thing so far: At the frontmost outside corner of the passenger foot well there is a round cover that can be removed by hand. There is a hood logo on it. If your battery ever dies or the electric hood latch fails, there is a cable under that cover that can be pulled to open the frunk.

The only thing they've determined so far is that the car appears to have more than adequate charge even though their computer doesn't detect any communications from the diagnostic port. I'm not sure how they determined the charge state, but that makes sense since one of the last things I saw was a range of 147 miles remaining, which was about right from the distances traveled from the last full charge.
post #23 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormRune View Post
Thank you for the good wishes!

I did learn one useful thing so far: At the frontmost outside corner of the passenger foot well there is a round cover that can be removed by hand. There is a hood logo on it. If your battery ever dies or the electric hood latch fails, there is a cable under that cover that can be pulled to open the frunk.

The only thing they've determined so far is that the car appears to have more than adequate charge even though their computer doesn't detect any communications from the diagnostic port. I'm not sure how they determined the charge state, but that makes sense since one of the last things I saw was a range of 147 miles remaining, which was about right from the distances traveled from the last full charge.
Any word yet from the dealer? I hope you're up and running again soon. I couldn't agree more with your assessment of the F-Pace. I had one as a loaner and was pretty disappointed although I didn't like the Evoque either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 09:46 AM

The service advisor and techs are doing a great job of staying on top of this!

The charge control module has been diagnosed as the culprit with the help of Jaguar engineering in England, a replacement has been ordered, and procedures on how to replace it have been sent (I gather it wasn't in the existing service manuals). It's sounding like I should be up and running before too long.
deafsoundguy likes this.
post #25 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 11:01 AM

Quote:
The service advisor and techs are doing a great job of staying on top of this!

It's sounding like I should be up and running before too long.
Glad things are going well! The I-Pace drives so well and I enjoy it so much that I get impatient when it's in the shop. My stomach gets butterflies while waiting for it's return.
post #26 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 11:49 AM

Wow what a horrible nightmare! I feel really terrible for you StormRune...

If it makes you feel any better, my i3 I had (both of them) would randomly lock up trying to disengage the charge cable and gas door at the gas station of course. This would always happen on the day you're really in a hurry and that #&%^$ charge cable won't disconnect! Same thing, have to open the hood and find the incredible non-obvious stealth button that you would never guess is the electric door release, which you have to pry out with a screwdriver to even get loose. And then of course it may still not do the trick... and to further the annoyance of all that, they made the cable out of plastic that stretches so you can break it and or distort it trying to pull hard enough to open it... And the same with the gas door release.... So BMW is guilty of bad engineering too...

I sincerely hope your car is taken care of pronto and the dealer actually stocks the problem part for future breakdowns on other I-Paces...

2017 FPace - S Odyssey Red, black blades, black pack
2007 XK coupe in Black w Carelia wheels
2016 Cadillac ELR
post #27 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 09:12 PM

It's been 10 days since the last post about my dead I-Pace and still no real progress. They got the parts 7 days ago but their procedures for this kind of a situation apparently don't allow them to work on it inside the shop or near other cars. It seems they must not be trying very hard to solve that part of the problem since the car just sat in the same spot all last week. I'm getting quite unhappy even though they've provided me with a decent loaner and my service advisor is informative when I ping him and I think he is doing all he personally can. But you'd think that Jaguar and the dealers would have prepped for handling electrics better than this.

Jaguar assigned a Customer Relations person to me after I used my Advisory Board membership to post a complaint there. The CR guy called me on Wednesday saying he was going to check with service to see how things were progressing and was going to check in, but he didn't call me back yet.

Here's a photo of it sitting out back of the dealership and baking for the last 10 days in the Texas sun... along with the electrical Danger warning sign that somehow feels like a badge of shame.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0017 (1).jpg
Views:	46
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	2165  

Last edited by StormRune; 07-20-2019 at 09:21 PM.
post #28 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 09:58 AM

Quote:
It's been 10 days since the last post about my dead I-Pace and still no real progress. They got the parts 7 days ago but their procedures for this kind of a situation apparently don't allow them to work on it inside the shop or near other cars. It seems they must not be trying very hard to solve that part of the problem since the car just sat in the same spot all last week. I'm getting quite unhappy even though they've provided me with a decent loaner and my service advisor is informative when I ping him and I think he is doing all he personally can. But you'd think that Jaguar and the dealers would have prepped for handling electrics better than this.

Jaguar assigned a Customer Relations person to me after I used my Advisory Board membership to post a complaint there. The CR guy called me on Wednesday saying he was going to check with service to see how things were progressing and was going to check in, but he didn't call me back yet.

Here's a photo of it sitting out back of the dealership and baking for the last 10 days in the Texas sun... along with the electrical Danger warning sign that somehow feels like a badge of shame.
This really seems to be a dealer issue more than a factual problem of working on battery powered cars. Are there any other dealers within a reasonable distance that you can work with on the warranty work?

2019 I-Pace EV400 SE
Firenze Red - Ebony/Ebony
Driver Assist Pack
Black Exterior Pack
20" 5 Spoke Style 5068 Gloss Black Wheels
plus a few extras
post #29 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbingham60 View Post
This really seems to be a dealer issue more than a factual problem of working on battery powered cars. Are there any other dealers within a reasonable distance that you can work with on the warranty work?
Unfortunately the next nearest would be close to a two hour tow. If push comes to shove, that isn't a bad idea to consider. I'll pursue that if something doesn't move forward shortly. I'm currently awaiting two callbacks this morning, one from the service manager at the dealer and the other from Jaguar Consumer Relations.
post #30 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 11:26 AM

My dealer only has 2 service technicians that are certified to work on the I-Pace. For safety reasons, the dealer/corporate wont let non-certified techs near the vehicle. There is even a roped off designated area in the shop for working on I-Paces.

So, depending on the workload of your dealers I-Pace techs, your I-Pace may get backlogged. Its happen to me at my dealer.

I-Pace FE, Corris Gray, 20" rims

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page