Initializing charge ... Not active - Page 3 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 05:20 AM

Well my case has been taken on with jaguar directly and after 2 weeks they tell me its definitely the public charge network that is faulty and there is nothing they can do. time for me to post videos to you tube and start a campaign . The car is not fit for purpose
I keep getting High Voltage alerts on the dash when I try to charge but jaguar are not interested
They should really be taking ownership of this
post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimck View Post
Well my case has been taken on with jaguar directly and after 2 weeks they tell me its definitely the public charge network that is faulty and there is nothing they can do. time for me to post videos to you tube and start a campaign . The car is not fit for purpose
I keep getting High Voltage alerts on the dash when I try to charge but jaguar are not interested
They should really be taking ownership of this
Can your dealer charge the car or can you charge at home? I've been unable to charge on some older model fast chargers.
post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 02:52 PM

According to my first repair order the charging receptacle, harness, and the Battery Energy Control Module which are all connected required replacement. After this repair all was good until it occurred again about 10 weeks later when I used a DCFC and the same problem occurred that it never went to charge mode and remained initializing constantly. My dealer still has my I Pace, but believes it will require the same parts to repair.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photon2.0eV View Post
According to my first repair order the charging receptacle, harness, and the Battery Energy Control Module which are all connected required replacement. After this repair all was good until it occurred again about 10 weeks later when I used a DCFC and the same problem occurred that it never went to charge mode and remained initializing constantly. My dealer still has my I Pace, but believes it will require the same parts to repair.
I tried my closest L3 and it was also stuck in initializing. Tried multiple times on several occasions with same result.
Then Chargepoint added added an L3 at another location and worked like a charm.
post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2Roll View Post
I tried my closest L3 and it was also stuck in initializing. Tried multiple times on several occasions with same result.
Then Chargepoint added added an L3 at another location and worked like a charm.
Sadly, after the collapse of my charging capability, I returned to a known good DCFC (I used this one about 2 hours earlier) and the same result, initializing continuously not accepting a charge. The most recent failure I limped back to my Jaguar dealer with 14 miles to spare and they immediately tried both their L2 and L3 charger and duplicated my issue. The car recognizes the handle connection by locking and conditioning the main battery for charging and then goes into the continuous initializing state. By reading this forum nightly, my experience is somewhat unique, since many use DCFC regularly without a problem. I am surprised there is not a safety protocol in the system or an ability to reboot and correct a faulty DCFC. Thanks Time2Roll for your experience and interest, it is appreciated.
post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photon2.0eV View Post
Sadly, after the collapse of my charging capability, I returned to a known good DCFC (I used this one about 2 hours earlier) and the same result, initializing continuously not accepting a charge. The most recent failure I limped back to my Jaguar dealer with 14 miles to spare and they immediately tried both their L2 and L3 charger and duplicated my issue. The car recognizes the handle connection by locking and conditioning the main battery for charging and then goes into the continuous initializing state. By reading this forum nightly, my experience is somewhat unique, since many use DCFC regularly without a problem. I am surprised there is not a safety protocol in the system or an ability to reboot and correct a faulty DCFC. Thanks Time2Roll for your experience and interest, it is appreciated.
Is it possible that the charge port locking mechanism is broken? It happened to me and whatever charger I used, including my home charger, the car would show charge initializing but wouldn't charge. On the surface everything appeared normal including the white LED illuminating but no charge. Once the lock and wiring harness were replaced everything was fine.
post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtSprings View Post
Is it possible that the charge port locking mechanism is broken? It happened to me and whatever charger I used, including my home charger, the car would show charge initializing but wouldn't charge. On the surface everything appeared normal including the white LED illuminating but no charge. Once the lock and wiring harness were replaced everything was fine.
On my second no charge issue, my Jaguar service manager and I connected to a L2 charger at the service center and we both agreed the lock was working correctly because we could hear lock and the main battery cooling system started immediately and then after some time it kept initializing but not charging. When we removed the handle we could hear unlock also. It sounds like you may have been one of the first to have this issue since early on Jaguar would first replace the lock, if still no charge the harness would be replaced and if still no charge the battery control module would be replaced and the car would always charge at that point. My technician at the service center informed me during my first fail to charge, that they are now sending a new receptacle, harness, and module for the fix. I am on a hurricane hold for awhile until the Jaguar Dealership opens on Monday. Will post up once the issue is resolved. I am still curious what causes this issue. Maybe I will gain some insight when I pick up the car. Thanks CurtSprings for your interest.
post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 12:05 AM

I hope you're not directly in the hurricane's path! I hope that you come out of it with minimal damage, eh? Keep us posted on how you're doing and how everything works out for your I-Pace.
post #29 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtSprings View Post
I hope you're not directly in the hurricane's path! I hope that you come out of it with minimal damage, eh? Keep us posted on how you're doing and how everything works out for your I-Pace.
I am in the storm now and it is expected to continue until tomorrow evening. We have been getting wind and rain since 9:30 am today, but Dorian is projected to remain off shore in the Bluffton/Hilton Head area. Thanks for wishing us well and I will be back in touch with the outcome of the repair once my I-Pace is returned.
post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 10:31 AM

Though I'd post an update. A replacement JuiceBox arrived earlier this week (pretty fast) and it is working. Customer service was helpful and prompt.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page