GOM now showing 245 miles range - Page 2 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-13-2019, 06:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayepace View Post
1) push the power (start) button once
2) push brake and go pedals simultaneously
3) watch the guess meter until it resets (about 10 seconds)
4) release the pedals
5) press the start button to shut off the car power
I accomplished that GOM reset pre-dealer recall update, and cannot accomplish it post-dealer update.
McRat likes this.

2019 I-Pace 400EV HSE First Edition
Corris Grey - Ebony/Ebony
Delivered 2/22/19
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-13-2019, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauderdaleFE View Post
I accomplished that GOM reset pre-dealer recall update, and cannot accomplish it post-dealer update.
I did it just yesterday. On 19B. It went from around 211 miles as the max when I got it back from dealer feeding 19B into it last month (and they charged it to 100% on their charger) to 263 miles after the reset.

I didn't drive it today so I can't comment on the real effect.

A bigger concern is that Wattcat is reporting 100% is 80.55kWh now. It was 82 when I got the car back. It was 84 before I took the car in.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-15-2019, 01:16 PM

I went to my dealership about the 201 range issue on the GOM and not seeing the 19c SOTA, below is what they stated. I haven't tried it as yet. But can say since day 1 of my purchase I have always plugged it in at work to a 110 outlet immediately after my drive, it only adds 12 miles or so and will never reach 100% SOC as my drive is much further than 12 miles and it has not changed my 201 mile issue. The GOM started at something like 282 miles when I first purchased then dropped of regularly after a week and a half or so to the infamous 201 miles. Obviously a programing characteristic JLR programmers have been instructed to do which hopefully one day they will choose another programming option.

I do show there is an SOTA update available, so feel free to connect to your home wifi and perform the update. As for the 201 range issue, according to the notes its not listed in the “issues fixed in this release”. Also note new issues the patch may induce. My understanding is the 201 range issue is still under investigation, however I did have a client said he figured it. If you plug it in every time after you drive it, including if it was just 10 minutes, the range starts clicking up, he has gotten his up to 262 miles, he said he figured this out by speaking to someone how has a Tesla and that’s what they did when they ran into a similar issue. Give that a try, and report back.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	201MileIssue - Copy.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	3063  
Sbingham60 and LauderdaleFE like this.

2020 I-Pace HSE
Fuji White/20" 5 spoke 'Style 5068' with Diamond Turned finish/(AdSR)
Light Oyster Windsor leather sport seats with Ebony/Light Oyster interior
Light Oyster Suedecloth headlining/Heated steering wheel/Head-up Display
18-way heated and cooled electric memory front seats with heated rear seats
Meridian™ Surround Sound System/Gloss Charcoal Ash veneer
Front fog lights/Four-zone Climate Control
Configurable Ambient Interior Lighting
Delivery 08/16/19
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-16-2019, 07:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayepace View Post
I did it just yesterday. On 19B. It went from around 211 miles as the max when I got it back from dealer feeding 19B into it last month (and they charged it to 100% on their charger) to 263 miles after the reset.

I didn't drive it today so I can't comment on the real effect.

A bigger concern is that Wattcat is reporting 100% is 80.55kWh now. It was 82 when I got the car back. It was 84 before I took the car in.
Upon a retry, the reset method worked as it had before. No idea what has changed if anything. I'm sure I knew how to do it, and I cannot account for the several failures before.

Your comment inspired my retry, so thanks!

Delivered 2/22/19
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-28-2019, 03:32 PM

I have never had an issue with reset. One thing to remember is that drive mode needs to be OFF. If you see READY on your dash, turn off the car and then turn back on keeping your foot off of the brake pedal. My GOM is currently at 265 after reset. I have the H264 update.
This is in ECO mode and climate set to off. Change the mode or turn on the heater fan and it will go down. Low power mode displays 270. Turning on the heater and setting the mode to Comfort displays 247. YMMV.
Deutsch100 likes this.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-29-2019, 05:26 AM Thread Starter

Just to update my post with more current info.

After retrying the reset and it worked, the GOM showed about 260.

Now one recharge later, after letting the SOC run down to slightly under 50%, it reads 282.

Sure, ultimately not meaning much, but I still find it interesting to watch these changes.

Delivered 2/22/19
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-29-2019, 11:16 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauderdaleFE View Post
Just to update my post with more current info.

After retrying the reset and it worked, the GOM showed about 260.

Now one recharge later, after letting the SOC run down to slightly under 50%, it reads 282.

Sure, ultimately not meaning much, but I still find it interesting to watch these changes.
The dreaded 282. Hopefully yours is a coincidence versus an indication yours is now ‘broken’

Last edited by Dantrium; 12-30-2019 at 04:53 PM.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-30-2019, 04:51 PM

So based on what I am reading the GOM means nothing... What is the best way to gauge/estimate my range?
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-30-2019, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcqipace View Post
So based on what I am reading the GOM means nothing... What is the best way to gauge/estimate my range?
The GOM may be accurate if your driving conditions and style are relatively consistent. I should say, at least it used to be. But somewhere along the way JLR tried to make it better and succeeded in making it worse.
Just pay attention to your fuel gauge (state-of-charge), just as I assumed you did in an ICE car. The only time your distance to empty is actually important is on a trip in which you believe you will come close to reaching 0% SOC.

On that trip, provided your conditions and driving style remain consistent, you can easily compute how far you can go based on that trips average consumption.

If you pay attention to your usual consumption under various conditions/driving style, you can then easily know how far you can go on a full ‘tank’
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-30-2019, 09:49 PM

A saying about the ETA in a GPS is that "It is always right when you get there."

Our saying about the guess meter should be "It is always right when it reads 0."
Dantrium and Sbingham60 like this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page