Trip Planning Spreadsheet - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By WattAJag
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Unread 11-22-2019, 03:43 PM Thread Starter

Trip Planning Spreadsheet

I have made a quick spreadsheet that I think is useful for trip planning. (See Picture). I put in my real world range per battery % (which, my highway range is about 2 miles per % of battery, so I use 1.9 as a conservative number in the picture). Then, I enter legs of my trip and distances. It will start computing % used, and remaining battery % at arrival. Then, at stops with a charger, I enter what I want to charge back to, and what the KW speed of the charger is, and it computes the time at that charger. This lets me figure my extra time at chargers is and my arrival %'s. I'm using a version on Google sheets on my phone for doing it on the road.

If you'd like an excel or Google sheets copy, IM me with your email, and I will send it to you. (I will not email you with anything else, and I'm not making lists of any kind). If there's a way to attach a file here, I'm happy to do it, or let an administrator do it. No macros are in this spreadsheet.

Or, if you want to build it yourself, here are my formulas:

C5 =IF(B5>0,B5/$B$1,"") --- Copy this down 15 rows.
D5 =IF(B5>0,B2-C5,"")
G5 =IF(AND(B5>0,E5>0,F5>0),(E5-D5)/(100*F5/$E$1)/24,"") --- Copy this down 15 rows.
D6 =IF(B6>0,MAX(D5,E5)-C6,"") --- Copy this down 14 rows.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Trip Planner.png
Views:	51
Size:	9.9 KB
ID:	2897  
Dantrium and juice like this.
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Unread 11-22-2019, 11:56 PM
Super Moderator

Awesome! I'll PM you
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Unread 11-29-2019, 01:56 PM Thread Starter

P.S. Used this on a 5 leg, 350 mile trip this weekend, and it was 100% accurate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Unread Yesterday, 05:58 PM

Thumbs up Thanks!

Thanks for posting this spreadsheet! I used it on a recent trip and it was very accurate! A very handy tool.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Unread Yesterday, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WattAJag View Post
I have made a quick spreadsheet that I think is useful for trip planning. (See Picture). I put in my real world range per battery % (which, my highway range is about 2 miles per % of battery, so I use 1.9 as a conservative number in the picture). Then, I enter legs of my trip and distances. It will start computing % used, and remaining battery % at arrival. Then, at stops with a charger, I enter what I want to charge back to, and what the KW speed of the charger is, and it computes the time at that charger. This lets me figure my extra time at chargers is and my arrival %'s. I'm using a version on Google sheets on my phone for doing it on the road.

If you'd like an excel or Google sheets copy, IM me with your email, and I will send it to you. (I will not email you with anything else, and I'm not making lists of any kind). If there's a way to attach a file here, I'm happy to do it, or let an administrator do it. No macros are in this spreadsheet.

Or, if you want to build it yourself, here are my formulas:

C5 =IF(B5>0,B5/$B$1,"") --- Copy this down 15 rows.
D5 =IF(B5>0,B2-C5,"")
G5 =IF(AND(B5>0,E5>0,F5>0),(E5-D5)/(100*F5/$E$1)/24,"") --- Copy this down 15 rows.
D6 =IF(B6>0,MAX(D5,E5)-C6,"") --- Copy this down 14 rows.

Just use this web site. It's great.
https://abetterrouteplanner.com/