Range Confusion - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-18-2019, 08:48 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Range Confusion

Hello, I got my 2019 about 4 weeks back. Everytime I got it charged I'd see a 280 mi range on ECO mode. I was out for a week and took the vehicle out this morning (full charge) and it said there about 232 mi range. Temperature here in DC has also dropped to 40's this week.

I'm puzzled as to why that would happen? Any suggestions on what I should do ?

Thanks!

2019 | HSE | CORRIS GREY
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-18-2019, 10:01 PM

Remain calm and drive on. What you're seeing is normal. The range is an estimate based on your prior driving habits. It is often referred to as the GoM (Guess-o-Meter). For example, if you drive around the city at 40 MPH you'll get a much higher range estimate on the GoM at 100% SoC than you will if you expended most of your available energy at 90 MPH on the highway. You'll get used to it.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 08:09 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Ok thank you )

2019 | HSE | CORRIS GREY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 08:36 PM

I'm also getting used to this. Haven't done any long trips - max 30km or so back and forth to work. After commuting today my SOC says 30%. The GoM says I have 80km of range left which seems low. That would mean a max range of 266km / or 165 miles doing mainly city streets.

The Icontrol software say I used 22.4 kWH/100km or 36 kWh / 100miles for the most recent trip which sounds about average given the temp.

Cold here in Oakville this past week - between minus 6 and 4 celsius. Can't say I have been driving aggressive - I've getting 5 bars in the feedback screens. I'm assuming the GoM is just off.

2020 Silicon Silver HSE
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 09:10 PM

Gtquan, you are just too close to Toronto. That unseen force that sucks the life out of you also seems to suck the energy from your battery as well.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
Gtquan, you are just too close to Toronto. That unseen force that sucks the life out of you also seems to suck the energy from your battery as well.
Yeah - that's about right. I figured I'd get a nice car if I'm having to deal with the QEW east into TO most days.

2020 Silicon Silver HSE

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page