Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

Sudden jump in Estimated Range??

4K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  smitty 
#1 ·
Hello,

I am not delusional enough to believe that this is true, but for the last week or so my range estimation at full charge is saying 280 miles. It seems to become gradually more realistic as I drive, but still well inflated beyond what I believe to be true (at 77% charge, still reading 239 miles).

Makes an already sketchy range estimator seem extra sketchy. Not sure how to rely on it.

Recently got a software update at the dealer. Anyone else seeing this glitch??

Thanks.

#3 ·
Until a week ago (and I've driven 3 I-Paces over the past 8 months) ECO mode ALWAYS raised the range on all of them. Now it does nothing and I'm pinned at 201 mi range at 100% SoC. Not too bent out of shape over it since I have enough experience with the car to know better, but it sure is odd, even a bit annoying how little the range varies, even with ECO mode or use of AC.

#5 ·
I decided to switch my regenerative braking from high to low the other day. With high regen, I would consistently see 201 miles @ 100% SoC. Now, with regen set to low, I'm seeing numbers that more closely reflect the car's claimed 240-mile range. I checked the car moments ago and it showed 213 remaining miles on 84% SoC. The SoC number magically grew overnight from 81%, though the vehicle was at no point plugged-in. I love that I'm gaining range, but I'm none too confident in what the Jag is telling me here.

#6 ·
Has anybody seen a difference in ECO mode WHILE driving on the highway. Or, is it only "in effect" during acceleration (which is markedly retarded in ECO)? I tried a 10 mile test maintaining 70 MPH on flat ground for 10 miles in ECO and 10 miles in Comfort, and they both seemed to use the same 5% of battery.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.