EV Range Report, I-Pace came in 2nd and ahead of Tesla.. - Page 2 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 22Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by docsbc View Post

uhh, just bought it Friday so I have no real usage data.... but I get it... a hard lesson. btw, not drafting any semi's I did draft a shuttle bus though. I had a cracked windshield from semi's on 3 vehicles over the last 16 months!

BTW, one of the big issues is lack of chargers on my route and the most devastating was a DC fast charger 11 miles of the route, but when I got there it was disabled!!!!!
Just in case you are not familiar, I highly recommend PlugShare. It is generally quite accurate.

I live in the land of few DC chargers. The closest one for me is 193 miles away, so it is barely in range, even in good weather.

Until you get a good feel for what your car does for you, for planning purposes I would suggest not to expect more than 2.5 miles/kWh (40kWh/100 miles) at highway speeds. You can then estimate your remaining range using a total battery capacity of 84kWh. There is a good chance you will have better efficiency than that, but unless you have a string wind or cold temps, it shouldn’t be too much worse
epirali likes this.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 12:05 PM

Plugshare rocks. Just be a cool guy and check in so people know you're there and using it. It sucks when people don't do that, and you get there and that funky Leaf is there soaking up the electrons.
epirali likes this.

2017 FPace - S Odyssey Red, black blades, black pack
2007 XK coupe in Black w Carelia wheels
2016 Cadillac ELR
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deafsoundguy View Post
Plugshare rocks. Just be a cool guy and check in so people know you're there and using it. It sucks when people don't do that, and you get there and that funky Leaf is there soaking up the electrons.
and if you get there and it’s isn’t working, call the provider to report it so it can get fixed and leave feedback on PlugShare so others know there is a problem
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

My testing on both commutes and long distance driving I find that there is a sweet spot of 55 or 56 mph, staying in that I get about 248 miles of range with the air condition/heat off. For each single MPH over that my range reduces by a corresponding 4 miles in range. Thus, at:
60 only 240,
61 only 236,
62 only 232,
63 only 228,
64 only 224,
65 only 220,
70 only 200,
80 only 160.

Air condition brings everything down about another 10% loss in range

Has worked really well so far in planning purposes. Anyone have other experience.

OBTW - I am running 20" wheels at tires at 41 psi

Jaguar I-Pace First Edition Photon Red
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGhiron View Post
My testing on both commutes and long distance driving I find that there is a sweet spot of 55 or 56 mph, staying in that I get about 248 miles of range with the air condition/heat off. For each single MPH over that my range reduces by a corresponding 4 miles in range. Thus, at:
60 only 240,
61 only 236,
62 only 232,
63 only 228,
64 only 224,
65 only 220,
70 only 200,
80 only 160.

Air condition brings everything down about another 10% loss in range

Has worked really well so far in planning purposes. Anyone have other experience.

OBTW - I am running 20" wheels at tires at 41 psi

I have 20s at 37 psi, and I'd say the higher speed mileage is close to my experience on my recent longer trip running the a/c (but no seat cooling).

That's the only time I paid close enough attention to have an opinion, since I drive so little my home recharge at 50% SOC takes at least a week or ten days to occur.

2019 I-Pace 400EV HSE First Edition
Corris Grey - Ebony/Ebony
Suede Headliner
Fully Extended Leather/Ash Wood Trim
Heads-Up Display/Four-Zone Climate
20" Wheels/Rubber Mats x5
Delivered 2/22/19

Last edited by LauderdaleFE; 06-16-2019 at 05:29 PM.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantrium View Post
Just in case you are not familiar, I highly recommend PlugShare. It is generally quite accurate.

I live in the land of few DC chargers. The closest one for me is 193 miles away, so it is barely in range, even in good weather.

Until you get a good feel for what your car does for you, for planning purposes I would suggest not to expect more than 2.5 miles/kWh (40kWh/100 miles) at highway speeds. You can then estimate your remaining range using a total battery capacity of 84kWh. There is a good chance you will have better efficiency than that, but unless you have a string wind or cold temps, it shouldn’t be too much worse
I used plugshare and chargepoint. There is a 50 mile hole where no charges exist on my route. I maybe could have just made it home but we backtracked 11 miles for a DC Fast charger that didnt work. So far in the city of Columbus GA, there are NO operating fastchargers ugh.. Nothing listed works. I reported and guess what? They had already been reported. A "ticket" Greenlots said was out to fix one and the other is still reporting operable but plugshare hasn't updated. Its a real drag when you are low sitting at a level 2 charger for 2 hours to get home. I wont make that mistake again
Dantrium likes this.

2020 ZR
Yulong White / Performance Siena Tan seats/ Carbon Fiber Exterior/ 22" Carbon insert Tires / Suede cloth headliner / Cooled glovebox / HUD / AdSR / Extended leader package/ 4 Zone Climate control/ Adaptive Dynamics / Front Fog lamps / Gloss Black side window surround and Activity Key.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGhiron View Post
My testing on both commutes and long distance driving I find that there is a sweet spot of 55 or 56 mph, staying in that I get about 248 miles of range with the air condition/heat off
My rule-of-thumb when road tripping in my I-PACE is "Charge to 90% and plan on getting 150 miles out of it. Unless you're climbing a mountain, in which case charge to 100% and expect to get 100 miles. Cut by 25% with cold weather, heavy rain, a headwind, or when going 80 mph." I could get more precise, but it's far easier to just "charge to 90% and go" under uninteresting driving conditions.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Unread 08-03-2019, 12:42 PM

We are getting 225 miles in our 2019. Highway driving going 75 most of the way. Mid 80’s F with AC running. About what I expected given the load from the AC and the highway speed.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Unread Yesterday, 12:42 PM

In my first 2 weeks (1000 mi) with my 2020 HSE (after 7 months in a 2019 FE), with consistent and heavy (3-5 setting) AC use (mid-90s daily here in Southwest FL) and a 50/50 mix of highway (75+) and city driving, my 2020 GoM is consistently in the 205-215 range at 100% SOC. Anyone expecting better range out of a 2020 than a 2019 is misguided. Take the discounted deal on the 2019 if that's an option... ;-)