Sub 200 miles Range - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 17Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 02:02 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 18
Sub 200 miles Range

Hi,
I'm new to this forum. I recently got my I pace and I'm loving it. The Porsche 911 and the I pace are the two most fun cars I have ever driven. My only issue has been that my range (fully charged) has been consistently below my expectations. The weather has been chilly (but not super cold) 30's 40's Fahrenheit. I am a pretty average driver - in terms of speed, acceleration...etc. I keep regenerative braking on.

My range (fully charged) has never been above 200 and generally closer to 180 (has gotten as low as 170 fully charged) . Is this what other people are finding as well? I know I can increase this if I drive like a granny or don't use any accessories... but who buys an I pace to drive like that.

Also, Jaguar guarantees the batteries will retain 70% state of health over 8 years. Does anyone know to to check the current "state of health" of their battery?

I look forward to sharing experiences with all of you.
McRat likes this.
rafsteinberg is offline  
post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 02:17 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: So Calif
Posts: 372
I think it is probably normal for the conditions. Precondition setting may help. Normal EPA range should be seen as temperatures get closer to 80 during the day.

Is the 40 during the day? or the overnight low?

I am not going to worry about the capacity until I only get 165 miles showing on a warm day. I expect that to be a long way off.
McRat likes this.
Time2Roll is online now  
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 02:23 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 802
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafsteinberg View Post
Hi,
I'm new to this forum. I recently got my I pace and I'm loving it. The Porsche 911 and the I pace are the two most fun cars I have ever driven. My only issue has been that my range (fully charged) has been consistently below my expectations. The weather has been chilly (but not super cold) 30's 40's Fahrenheit. I am a pretty average driver - in terms of speed, acceleration...etc. I keep regenerative braking on.

My range (fully charged) has never been above 200 and generally closer to 180 (has gotten as low as 170 fully charged) . Is this what other people are finding as well? I know I can increase this if I drive like a granny or don't use any accessories... but who buys an I pace to drive like that.

Also, Jaguar guarantees the batteries will retain 70% state of health over 8 years. Does anyone know to to check the current "state of health" of their battery?

I look forward to sharing experiences with all of you.
There are some who say they get much better than that. But your results seem rather typical.
McRat and fedorachef like this.
Dantrium is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 03:09 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2Roll View Post
I think it is probably normal for the conditions. Precondition setting may help. Normal EPA range should be seen as temperatures get closer to 80 during the day.

Is the 40 during the day? or the overnight low?

I am not going to worry about the capacity until I only get 165 miles showing on a warm day. I expect that to be a long way off.
180 to 190 with some buffer seems about right.
My last long drive was 60% freeway 75 to 80 mph on freeway, with remaining average speeds through signal light controlled driving 35 mph to 55 mph zones. Total distance was about 193 miles and my guess o meter showed 25 estimated miles left when I got back home. Temps here in Florida were low 70's. Car was in comfort mode with moderate climate requirements for cooling. I'm running on 20" tires, which provide "slightly" better range.

I think you can comfortably get 180 miles with sporty driving. If I've been running a little less aggressive, my charge to full will say 234 to 240 miles. Normally when I charge to full in anticipation of a longer drive, it'll show 210 to 212 based upon prior driving which is normally not granny level :-)
McRat likes this.

2019 I-Pace EV400 SE
Firenze Red - Ebony/Ebony
Driver Assist Pack
Black Exterior Pack
20" 5 Spoke Style 5068 Gloss Black Wheels
plus a few extras
Sbingham60 is online now  
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 04:34 PM
Senior Member
 
McRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Norco, California, USA
Posts: 1,304
When driven to enjoy the car, that's about right.

The big question is, is it enough range for your lifestyle?

This is true for all EVs. Some folk are happy with a Leaf year round. Some are unhappy with Model S 100D's winter range.

The 70% number is something that can be tested with a dealer tool. Tesla has now added the 70% number to their warranty. It use to be 'failure only', not capacity.

Jaguar i-Pace FE Photon Red 20" wheels, "Leaper"
Two Chevrolet Volts in service
24.2 kW x 480v 3ph solar array self-installed.
McRat is offline  
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 04:37 PM
Senior Member
 
McRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Norco, California, USA
Posts: 1,304
BTW - You cannot turn regen off on an I-Pace. Even at 100% charge there is some regen. Lifting the accelerator generates up to 1/2 the regen. The brake pedal generates the rest. Watch the Power Gauge in your instrument cluster when you hit the brakes.

Jaguar i-Pace FE Photon Red 20" wheels, "Leaper"
Two Chevrolet Volts in service
24.2 kW x 480v 3ph solar array self-installed.
McRat is offline  
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 04:44 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 18
Yes, you're right. I meant that I keep it on "high" instead of "low"
rafsteinberg is offline  
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 05:21 PM
Senior Member
 
McRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Norco, California, USA
Posts: 1,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafsteinberg View Post
Yes, you're right. I meant that I keep it on "high" instead of "low"
In my experiments, it seems my best range is using Low Regen and Creep Off. But my most fun is High Regen so I can do 'one-pedal-driving'. Creep is a matter of taste.

If you loan the car out, or want somebody to test drive it who is not an EV person, setting it to Low and Creep On will make it easier for them. It feels more like a conventional automatic trans car.

Jaguar i-Pace FE Photon Red 20" wheels, "Leaper"
Two Chevrolet Volts in service
24.2 kW x 480v 3ph solar array self-installed.
McRat is offline  
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 07:49 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 367
Interesting. Does anyone else get better range with regen on low?
sgtpeper is offline  
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 07:54 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 802
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtpeper View Post
Interesting. Does anyone else get better range with regen on low?
I set mine on low for a couple weeks and it made no noticeable difference
Dantrium is online now  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WLTP rated range? Is it really a joke? 296mi? McRat 2018+ I-Pace EV Range, MPGE And Economy 5 02-21-2019 12:44 AM
Ran some errands this afternoon - 317.4 miles of range. McRat 2018+ Jaguar I-Pace EV 400 General Discussion 22 01-24-2019 02:48 PM
Range Test Results PGhiron 2018+ I-Pace EV Range, MPGE And Economy 0 12-09-2018 09:49 PM
First Customer in Ft Worth, TX fwjagman Jaguar I-Pace EV Owners Registry And Check In Area 9 08-12-2018 02:57 PM
Range with a/c on all the time zagaone 2018+ I-Pace EV Range, MPGE And Economy 5 07-04-2018 03:54 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome