Cold Weather Impact - Page 3 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 7Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 04:13 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 839
Dantrium is online now  
post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 04:28 PM
Senior Member
 
fedorachef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 243
I fly monthly for work and typically can leave my car on a charger at the airport while I'm gone, 3 - 4 days, but not always. With my previous Tesla the battery would drain considerably if not plugged in; noticed more so in heat than cold. In warmer months you could hear the fan for the Tesla quite a ways away. Some would comment if the car had a jet engine. Haha

Last month all the airport chargers were full so I had to leave the I-Pace unplugged Sunday afternoon through Wed night. It lost 3 miles of range in total when I returned. Believe temps were mid 40's to 50's while I was away. I was surprised so little since the Tesla would lose a lot more in same conditions. Curious to see how it does when the summer comes around.
fedorachef is online now  
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 10:27 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedorachef View Post
I fly monthly for work and typically can leave my car on a charger at the airport while I'm gone, 3 - 4 days, but not always. With my previous Tesla the battery would drain considerably if not plugged in; noticed more so in heat than cold. In warmer months you could hear the fan for the Tesla quite a ways away. Some would comment if the car had a jet engine. Haha

Last month all the airport chargers were full so I had to leave the I-Pace unplugged Sunday afternoon through Wed night. It lost 3 miles of range in total when I returned. Believe temps were mid 40's to 50's while I was away. I was surprised so little since the Tesla would lose a lot more in same conditions. Curious to see how it does when the summer comes around.
Last three trips I had were all 5 to 7 days. I'm in the Orlando area, so the temperatures are not a problem.
No real charge lost while disconnected. Plus I was able to check in after a couple of days with the Remote app. The car was awake enough to connect. No phantom drain with the connectivity either. I'm pretty happy. Have a 2 week trip coming up in about 3 weeks and will see about the longer stays.
Calidave, epirali, ryzvy and 2 others like this.

2019 I-Pace EV400 SE
Firenze Red - Ebony/Ebony
Driver Assist Pack
Black Exterior Pack
20" 5 Spoke Style 5068 Gloss Black Wheels
plus a few extras
Sbingham60 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 06:38 PM
EdG
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 4
Another I-Pace in Minnesota

@Dantrium - I also live in Minnesota and have been driving my I-Pace First Edition regularly in the same type of cold temperatures and parked in the garage at night and outside during the day. My predicted range with a full charge has bounced from 100 miles to 180 miles but if divide miles driven by battery used, I consistently get 160 - 180 miles. So not too bad but I do look forward to warmer weather and a higher range. Love the car.
EdG is offline  
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 12:26 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdG View Post
@Dantrium - I also live in Minnesota and have been driving my I-Pace First Edition regularly in the same type of cold temperatures and parked in the garage at night and outside during the day. My predicted range with a full charge has bounced from 100 miles to 180 miles but if divide miles driven by battery used, I consistently get 160 - 180 miles. So not too bad but I do look forward to warmer weather and a higher range. Love the car.
So your overall average is ~50kWh/100 miles (2 miles/kWh)? How many miles do you have on your car? That is pretty close to what my average was before the cold spell, with predominately in town trips. If I were to take a longer trip on the Interstate (~75mph), it would use more than that. Now that we have had an extended period with below zero & single digit temps, my overall average (4650 miles) is closer to 60kWh/100 miles (1.67 miles/kWh).
Dantrium is online now  
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 10:54 AM
EdG
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 4
Efficiency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantrium View Post
So your overall average is ~50kWh/100 miles (2 miles/kWh)? How many miles do you have on your car? That is pretty close to what my average was before the cold spell, with predominately in town trips. If I were to take a longer trip on the Interstate (~75mph), it would use more than that. Now that we have had an extended period with below zero & single digit temps, my overall average (4650 miles) is closer to 60kWh/100 miles (1.67 miles/kWh).
I only have 1300 miles on my I-Pace in 3 months (too much travel) but I was in Minnesota for the polar vortex. Overall I have an average efficiency of 48.3 KWH/100 mi. Probably 60% City and 40% Highway driving. I do tend to drive in ECO mode much of the time. I also try to precondition in the garage before the morning commute.
I have JuiceBox 40/I-Pace time of use charging issue (different thread) so it does not always pull from the wall in the morning.
EdG is offline  
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 12:56 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: So Calif
Posts: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdG View Post
@Dantrium ....... I do look forward to warmer weather and a higher range. Love the car.
Yes and with my other EVs there was always a sweet spot in the spring and fall where the temperatures were just right to maximize range. In the heat of summer (95+) the BMS tends to limit charge due to heat. Combined with more A/C load the peak of summer also has the range moderated a bit. We will know soon enough.
Time2Roll is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Warning to those considering the 22" in cold climate sgtpeper 2018+ Jaguar I-Pace EV 400 General Discussion 37 10-14-2019 03:38 PM
ChargePoint vs others in cold temp MyA 2018+ I-Pace EV Batteries And Charging 1 12-11-2018 09:21 AM
Cold weather expectations? Dantrium 2018+ I-Pace EV Range, MPGE And Economy 13 12-09-2018 01:44 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome