Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

First full charge Estimated Range.

4K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  sciencegeek 
#1 · (Edited)
Charged all night when we got home, it's 59°F in the garage. The Range Estimator shows 251 miles at 99% charge, after driving home at 65 mph last night.

EDIT - Argh! Now I will wait for 100% it keeps climbing still. Luckily I'm the boss so I can be late. :D

#4 ·
Freaked me out when I went to unplug. It locks the L2 J1772 into the port. AFAIK, you lock and unlock the car, then the latch releases. That has me a bit nervous. Hope there is some sort of emergency disconnect or override in case the locking tab sticks in the snow.

#5 ·
I had a lot of problems figuring it out when I first got mine.

First, there is an emergency release cable under the front trunk lid, above the charging port. It is a small loop of cable. Pull that to release the charging handle.

However, as you discovered, unlocking the car releases the handle, but only for a short time. If you do not remove it, it re-locks. If you plug it in and do not lock the car, unlocking the car doesn’t work to release it. You need to lock the car so it can be unlocked.

#7 ·
My Leaf was locking the L2 charger handle in place when charging but would unlock it when the battery reached 100%. The rationale being that if you are at a public charger, nobody can take the handle off your car while you are still charging. But at 100%, then it become possible.

#8 ·
Day Two data point. Mixed driving, adaptive cruise set to 75 mph, average speed was 41 mph. 1200' of elevation changes, 69°F, AC set to normal at 72°F, round trip, 95 miles total, vehicle reports 62% remaining. This calculates to exactly 250 miles per charge. No hypermiling used. Creep off, Regen Max, normal mode.
However, the accuracy of the Jag odometer is not known, and the accuracy of the battery % is not known, and the trip was short.

Cliff Notes: 250 mi range when doing mixed driving 95 mile loop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.