Real Range - Page 3 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 72 (permalink) Old 11-11-2018, 01:06 PM
Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciencegeek View Post
really?
Yes. It can get to -30C up here. The I-Pace is a fantastic car but $100K is a bit much for a city car.
post #22 of 72 (permalink) Old 11-11-2018, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflgator View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy View Post
Based on your ordeal, I decided to cancel my order. I’m in Quebec, as cold as Minnesota. If the car is only good for 130-140 miles in that weather, may as well get a Leaf, Ioniq or Bolt.

Good luck! Hopefully some software update will improve things for you.

Fairly sure that it's good for >170mi. even in super cold weather, but I could be wrong. I have to wonder what "mode" Dantrium was driving his new I-Pace in when it showed just 14% left with 130mi. on the odometer? I would say he probably should've gone into Eco Mode or that emergency Energy Saver mode when at 25% knowing that he has another 80+ mi. to go (for 190mi. total). Maybe the colder weather really does significantly decrease efficiency? I'm not sure...for me, it's rare for South Florida to get below the 50's-60's F while most of the time, it's well into the upper 70's-90's during the day and not much less at night so cold weather isn't a factor here. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.i-paceforum.com/forum/images/I-PaceForum/smilies/tango_face_wink.png[/IMG]
I’ll provide a complete run down later, but after nearly 23 hours on the road I still have 65 miles to go. Driving like an old lady, in eco mode for 100% of the trip. Reality is I haven’t come close 150 miles of range. Outside temps low 20’s F; yes preconditioned, parked inside the showroom until I drove it away and the Interstate was less than 1/2 mile from their front door. ECO mode, dry roads, only me in the car (170 pounds). Cruise set at 70mph for the first stretch, then 60mph, with no effect on range. I leave the DC charger at >90% and estimated range of close to 170 and then watch the range lose about an extra 5 miles for every 10 driven, arriving uncomfortably close to 0 after 125 miles covered...
post #23 of 72 (permalink) Old 11-11-2018, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meldev##44 View Post
Sounds like a brave and bold thing to do for your 1st drive in a new EV.
The combination of miles and low temperatures are taxing for anyone with range anxiety.
You did not say the initial state of charge before beginning your trip.
We are all keeping an eye on everyone's mileage as more I-Paces hit the roads.
Hope to here the details of the rest of your journey home.
Left the dealer with 30 miles on the odometer, 99% charge with a super optimistic estimated range of 267miles. I got half that.

By the way, the DC charger I had planned to use at 190 miles turned out to be a Tesla charger...not for me!

Brave and bold? Not so much, more like ignorant and foolish 😁
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 72 (permalink) Old 11-11-2018, 04:24 PM
Guy

What wheel size on your I-Pace Dantrium?
post #25 of 72 (permalink) Old 11-11-2018, 04:37 PM

Honestly, I don't get why somebody would buy a pure electric in a frozen land. It's really not the use case. A plug-in hybrid would hit that mark perfectly.
post #26 of 72 (permalink) Old 11-11-2018, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimon7777 View Post
Honestly, I don't get why somebody would buy a pure electric in a frozen land. It's really not the use case. A plug-in hybrid would hit that mark perfectly.
Perhaps you should ask over 500 people in Norway who have ordered or taken delivery of I Paces. I dont see anything on the uk forum.

================================================== ==========================================Lmmtahoe
2019 Jaguar I-Pace HSE Yulong White w/ Black Pack Ext, Fog Lights, Ebony Windsor Leather Sport Performance Seats 18, Oyster Suede Headlining, CW Package, Air suspension, HUD, Pano & privacy glass, ionizer, 20" Wheels, Adaptive Dynamics, Activity Key
post #27 of 72 (permalink) Old 11-11-2018, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantrium View Post
Left the dealer with 30 miles on the odometer, 99% charge with a super optimistic estimated range of 267miles. I got half that.

By the way, the DC charger I had planned to use at 190 miles turned out to be a Tesla charger...not for me!

Brave and bold? Not so much, more like ignorant and foolish 😁
Well that has me really worried as I live in northern NV, and regularly go over the Sierras to SF.

================================================== ==========================================Lmmtahoe
2019 Jaguar I-Pace HSE Yulong White w/ Black Pack Ext, Fog Lights, Ebony Windsor Leather Sport Performance Seats 18, Oyster Suede Headlining, CW Package, Air suspension, HUD, Pano & privacy glass, ionizer, 20" Wheels, Adaptive Dynamics, Activity Key
post #28 of 72 (permalink) Old 11-11-2018, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy View Post
What wheel size on your I-Pace Dantrium?
20’s
post #29 of 72 (permalink) Old 11-11-2018, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimon7777 View Post
I didn’t know they made an I-Pace plug-in hybrid. 😉
jsimon7777 likes this.
post #30 of 72 (permalink) Old 11-11-2018, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantrium View Post
I’ll provide a complete run down later, but after nearly 23 hours on the road I still have 65 miles to go. Driving like an old lady, in eco mode for 100% of the trip. Reality is I haven’t come close 150 miles of range. Outside temps low 20’s F; yes preconditioned, parked inside the showroom until I drove it away and the Interstate was less than 1/2 mile from their front door. ECO mode, dry roads, only me in the car (170 pounds). Cruise set at 70mph for the first stretch, then 60mph, with no effect on range. I leave the DC charger at >90% and estimated range of close to 170 and then watch the range lose about an extra 5 miles for every 10 driven, arriving uncomfortably close to 0 after 125 miles covered...

If I were you and I just purchased a $80k-$90k Jaguar I-Pace EV thinking I were going to safely get 200mi.+ on a full charge (EPA rated at 234mi) BUT drove off the lot getting only 150mi. range, cruising 70mph in ECO mode the entire time, I would either 1) complain immediately and insist there is something wrong with your vehicle...software update perhaps? and/or 2) return the vehicle within the first few days to get a FULL REFUND and wait for another luxury EV (with better range) to come out next year. Sorry, but 150mi range is just unacceptable for this type of vehicle at this cost, no matter the weather.
Guy and mmtahoe like this.

2019 Jaguar I-Pace EV400 HSE
Indus Silver w/ Black Pack Ext & Front Fog Lights
Mars Red Windsor Leather Performance Seats w/ Carbon Fiber Trim,
Ebony Suede Headlining & Illuminated Jaguar Treadplates
22" Style 5069 Wheels
Adaptive Dynamics

Last edited by sflgator; 11-11-2018 at 06:21 PM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page