Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

Posted EPA on Jaguar USA Site

22K views 52 replies 15 participants last post by  Time2Roll 
#1 ·
Not sure when the change happened, but did anyone notice that Jaguar put the estimated EPA up on their US site? Originally it used to say 240miles but now it's listed as 234 with the disclaimer *Figures shown are EPA driving range estimates. Actual mileage may vary.

Still says estimate but it's interesting it dropped 6 miles

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Still thinking 200mi. range for my I-Pace driving on the 22's and set to Dynamic or Comfort mode with Brake Regen on High...and that still works for me. :) Now, if it's like 170mi. total range, then I may have issues some days and may have to find a fast charger in Miami or somewhere before driving home, lol.

Reactions: I-PaceDave
#10 ·
As if the 240 miles range was not higher to start,
now it's dropping to 234 miles. So what changed?
Are we going to see it drop again?

#14 ·
Don't think its official official yet, but being that they changed all of their marketing collateral from 240 to 234--a very specific number, I think we have a good idea that is what it will be. I believe companies can ask the EPA to embargo official numbers until the day they officially put the car on sale in the US. Very disappointing TBH.

#15 ·
Yeah, sounds like 234 is the number Jaguar has certified to the EPA, and the EPA is not done yet with their paperwork, but the number will not change.

Surprising - I guessed it would be a little higher - but 234 is sufficient for my needs, so no problem.

#21 ·
Mostly California freeway, 65-85 mph. Commute of ~90 miles per day round trip, plus errands, weekend travel ball, etc. Average actual range right around 200 mi per charge consistently with the Bolt, and the 200 mile real world range was enough to eliminate any range anxiety. I never go more than about 150 miles in a day locally, and if we take a road trip, we take the wife's gas SUV. I do not believe in range anxiety, and would not consider a car with range much lower than ~200. Life is too short to spend any time at all worrying about a car battery.

#23 ·
One of the Nyland videos suggests that, of the 90 kwh battery pack, only 81.5 kwh is available for charge/use. I'm sure there is a reason why this is, but I'm not an expert and haven't looked it up as of yet. That said, is it possible that a future OTA software update could improve that number and extend range?

#32 ·
I thought for EPA they actually had to provide the EPA a car to test and run the test cycle on their own?

They already have the Jaguar F-Pace SVR listed on EPA website, which dealers haven't even been able to place orders for yet. I suspect some sort of temporary permit was issued while Jaguar tweaks with the software.

#33 ·
Speaking of tweaking the software, dealers were sent an updated product information document on Monday. Among the tidbits:
1. For all cars currently built and all those that will be built before the end of this month, something called the Pathfinder tool will need to be used to update the software to enable DC fast charging at 100 kw. They also state that 0-80% charge time has been reduced from 45 to 40 mintues (once it's enabled, of course).
2. For these same I-Paces, the Pathfinder tool needs to update them to allow SOTA updates.
3. Amazon and Google Assistant integration has not happened yet and will require a future SOTA update.
4. Automatic lowering at highway speeds requires Adaptive Dynamics.

Bottom line, if you're taking possession of an I Pace built before Oct 31, 2018 (which I would presume to be most everyone on this message board), make sure the dealer has run the Pathfinder tool on your vehicle before you drive it off the lot.

#38 ·
Does your RAV-4 EV weight 5K lbs? Have AWD? Accelerate to 60 mph in 4.5seconds, have comfortable seating for 5? Loaded with luxury appointments that all use energy operate?

Seems like a failed comparison... Look at Model X 90D as it is within 200lbs, and even with better aerodynamics, and total drag, cannot accelerate to 60 in 4.5 seconds, nor does it have most of the I-Paces luxury appointments. Much better comparison though. In Bjorn Nyland testing I-Pace proved equal to or slightly more efficient then his Model X P90DL.

#50 ·
Maybe you are slow... But it seems Electrify America is going to solve the range problems in much of the EV populated areas of the USA very soon, yesterday they updated their map to reflect all the stations open or currently under development, no longer 10's but 100's, and their map is still not 100% up to date, because I still know about 3 more stations in my area that are in for permits, but still not shown on the map. In the areas I drive, EA is going to have Tesla superchargers outnumbered by early next year, and lets not forget this is EA Cycle 1 of 4... One other note, is that EA stations do not share the actual chargers amongst 2 dispensers the way Tesla does, so on a busy weekend, everyone at an EA station gets full vehicle capable charge current, and not Tesla's wimpy little 72KW that is at more then half of their stations...

Here is current EA Map and link, and also Plugshare with EA filter...

https://www.electrifyamerica.com/locate-charger

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.