Towing Hitch not available for North America - Page 2 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 1Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 08:26 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaguarFlatirons View Post
Just to chime in as I'm doing research for a customer to attach a bike mount on to tow bar. From the installation pics, part #T4K8031 is not your ordinary box receiver.

Here's a link to the install guide: JAGUAR Accessory Fitting Instructions
Yes, since it is a European spec product, not intended for the NA market, it would require modifications to make it work.
Dantrium is online now  
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 07:20 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: US East coast
Posts: 15
Exclamation No hitch, No buying an I-Pace

Today I was getting ready to swap money around to buy an I-Pace. but first I called Palm Beach Jaguar and questioned about the T4K8031 towbar availability. They called me back after doing some research and said they could not get it. A Merriam Jaguar in the Midwest, also has it listed and discounted to $1800, but after questioning they also said they could not get it. An email to Lancaster Slough at Jardinemotors in the UK brought the following response: "Goodmorning, Unfortunately due to franchise agreements between JLR and retailers, we are unable to supply any parts or accessories to outside of the EU.". I further questioned if I walked in to their parts office with cash, would they sell it to me and he said no! I went on to the manufacturer of the hitch, https://brinkgroup.eu and they do not even list the towbar for the I-Pace, but they do have the hitch electronic connectors for it. I sent a complaint to Jaguar about not being able to purchase their hitch and them missing a chance to sell a 2019 I-Pace and they replied that my complaint was recorded. I had a nice I-Pace picked out to buy. I guess it will continue to sit, while I drive my Ford Focus Electric with a trailer hitch, waiting on the 2022 Ford Electric.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6x6strailers.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	322.2 KB
ID:	2403  

Last edited by Trielectric; 08-23-2019 at 07:26 PM.
Trielectric is offline  
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-01-2019, 12:37 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: US East coast
Posts: 15
Thumbs up Buy your hitch in the USA from Jaguar

Save $1500 over European hitch! Needs slight slight modifications.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Jagaccessories.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	196.0 KB
ID:	2607  
Trielectric is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-01-2019, 10:52 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trielectric View Post
Today I was getting ready to swap money around to buy an I-Pace. but first I called Palm Beach Jaguar and questioned about the T4K8031 towbar availability. They called me back after doing some research and said they could not get it. A Merriam Jaguar in the Midwest, also has it listed and discounted to $1800, but after questioning they also said they could not get it. An email to Lancaster Slough at Jardinemotors in the UK brought the following response: "Goodmorning, Unfortunately due to franchise agreements between JLR and retailers, we are unable to supply any parts or accessories to outside of the EU.". I further questioned if I walked in to their parts office with cash, would they sell it to me and he said no! I went on to the manufacturer of the hitch, https://brinkgroup.eu and they do not even list the towbar for the I-Pace, but they do have the hitch electronic connectors for it. I sent a complaint to Jaguar about not being able to purchase their hitch and them missing a chance to sell a 2019 I-Pace and they replied that my complaint was recorded. I had a nice I-Pace picked out to buy. I guess it will continue to sit, while I drive my Ford Focus Electric with a trailer hitch, waiting on the 2022 Ford Electric.
My Jag dealer here in Montreal explained that the hitch did not pass the transport Canada tests, which are different (not implying better or worse, but different).
rcomeau is online now  
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-01-2019, 11:40 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Southwest, Florida USA
Posts: 408
A vehicle should not be classified as an SUV without a hitch! I bit the bullet and acquiesced, but it is one of the 2 key compromises I was forced to accept upon choosing the I-Pace. (FYI, other was a 3rd row of seating)
dtgsrq is online now  
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-02-2019, 08:46 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trielectric View Post
Save $1500 over European hitch! Needs slight slight modifications.
OK I'll bite: are you going to give us any details or just tease us? A quick google for those part numbers in the photo came up empty...
kkemp is offline  
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-02-2019, 12:42 PM
Junior Member
 
waja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Belmont, CA
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkemp View Post
OK I'll bite: are you going to give us any details or just tease us? A quick google for those part numbers in the photo came up empty...
J9C15502 Is a towing receiver for an E-Pace.
waja is online now  
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-02-2019, 07:16 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: US East coast
Posts: 15
Required more than 40 hours of work with hand tools, no welding or cutting with a torch is needed. Need a hacksaw, drill, many drill bits, big dykes, key hole saw, air die grinder, two new 1/2dia", 2" long bolts with washers and nuts (for new additional vertical mount holes on the E-Pace hitch.) 3/4" 20"long heavy duty galvanized pipe, 6 20" band clamps, cross reference both hitches E & I-pace installation instructions on the Jaguar site. The whole rear bumper assembly is normally supported by the aluminum and plastic crash structure. It would sag if you discarded it like is done with the E-Pace. The rear light hookup is on the US model I-Pace where the instructions say they should be! Brown, yellow and green wires are there and work. The body work has about 30 different fittings of every type holding it to the car. Having a hobby of triathlete for the past 16 years helps.
Trielectric is offline  
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-03-2019, 03:23 AM
Senior Member
 
jsimon7777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Castro Valley, CA
Posts: 722
There has got to be an easier way.
dtgsrq likes this.

Photon FE, 2013 FR-S, 2017 RAM 1500, 2014 Forester
jsimon7777 is online now  
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 10:43 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Southwest, Florida USA
Posts: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trielectric View Post
Required more than 40 hours of work with hand tools, no welding or cutting with a torch is needed. Need a hacksaw, drill, many drill bits, big dykes, key hole saw, air die grinder, two new 1/2dia", 2" long bolts with washers and nuts (for new additional vertical mount holes on the E-Pace hitch.) 3/4" 20"long heavy duty galvanized pipe, 6 20" band clamps, cross reference both hitches E & I-pace installation instructions on the Jaguar site. The whole rear bumper assembly is normally supported by the aluminum and plastic crash structure. It would sag if you discarded it like is done with the E-Pace. The rear light hookup is on the US model I-Pace where the instructions say they should be! Brown, yellow and green wires are there and work. The body work has about 30 different fittings of every type holding it to the car. Having a hobby of triathlete for the past 16 years helps.
Picture?
dtgsrq is online now  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome