Towing Hitch not available for North America - Page 2 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaguarFlatirons View Post
Just to chime in as I'm doing research for a customer to attach a bike mount on to tow bar. From the installation pics, part #T4K8031 is not your ordinary box receiver.

Here's a link to the install guide: JAGUAR Accessory Fitting Instructions
Yes, since it is a European spec product, not intended for the NA market, it would require modifications to make it work.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 06:20 PM

Exclamation No hitch, No buying an I-Pace

Today I was getting ready to swap money around to buy an I-Pace. but first I called Palm Beach Jaguar and questioned about the T4K8031 towbar availability. They called me back after doing some research and said they could not get it. A Merriam Jaguar in the Midwest, also has it listed and discounted to $1800, but after questioning they also said they could not get it. An email to Lancaster Slough at Jardinemotors in the UK brought the following response: "Goodmorning, Unfortunately due to franchise agreements between JLR and retailers, we are unable to supply any parts or accessories to outside of the EU.". I further questioned if I walked in to their parts office with cash, would they sell it to me and he said no! I went on to the manufacturer of the hitch, https://brinkgroup.eu and they do not even list the towbar for the I-Pace, but they do have the hitch electronic connectors for it. I sent a complaint to Jaguar about not being able to purchase their hitch and them missing a chance to sell a 2019 I-Pace and they replied that my complaint was recorded. I had a nice I-Pace picked out to buy. I guess it will continue to sit, while I drive my Ford Focus Electric with a trailer hitch, waiting on the 2022 Ford Electric.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6x6strailers.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	322.2 KB
ID:	2403  

Last edited by Trielectric; 08-23-2019 at 06:26 PM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page