Alexa Skill - Page 2 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-17-2018, 12:33 AM

No, Jaguar advertised an Alexa Skill for the InControl Jaguar app. ChargePoint is a separate Alexa Skill.
The Jaguar InControl app will eventually have an Alexa skill in which you link your accounts. You can then ask Alexa verbal questions about the details in your InControl app.
JLR corporate has already commented back to me on the lack of the skill and acknowledges that it is late in being released.
They did not elude to 'when' it would be available.

Porsche Macan GTS
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-17-2018, 09:52 PM

This is an easy thing for them to add, but with so many other software issues, I'm glad its not taking priority at this time.
WattAJag likes this.

2017 Jaguar F-Pace S
Ordered: 2019 Jaguar I-Pace HSE First Edition Corris Grey
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-15-2019, 05:10 PM

Anyone have an update here? I havent heard much either but would like this skill asap. Now it seems the initial bugs with the software of the actual i-pace have calmed down I think we should expect something soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-15-2019, 07:33 PM

I received no response from JLR corporate when I asked about a week ago.
May be time for more owners to specifically call and ask JLR corporate about the promised "Alexa Skill."
1-800-452-4827

Porsche Macan GTS
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-15-2019, 09:09 PM
Super Moderator

Thank you for sharing that number. I was just fed a bunch of BS by my sales rep. Briefly:

I haven't taken delivery yet because a lane assist chip isn't working, so they're waiting for a part. While we're waiting I was asking if they could install the latest software, 15.2 and S18D. My request was denied because an update that is not done in response to an actual problem *voids the warranty*. Dealer claims it's in an email from JLR corporate. I'm incredulous .. either it's a monumentally stupid policy or the dealer is lying. What is it I wonder.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-15-2019, 10:41 PM

Dealer is Lying. My dealer is installing the 18D software update this Friday and scheduled me for it.
sciencegeek and ryzvy like this.

Jaguar I-Pace First Edition Photon Red
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 04:24 AM

Im shocked at some of the poor customer service I have read throughout this forum especially in North America. I have not experienced any of the same but I am in Europe. I guess the old saying stays, some dealers are simply interested in the sale, not in the work afterwards. This sort of behavior should also be reported to that corporate number visible above.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 08:07 AM

Really just an "enquiry" form... seemingly for 'feedback' not specifically a "complaint" form requiring immediate action. Your form letter response seems to affirm this view. I've typically found that anything submitted by email stands a lower chance of getting traction or resolution than calling and speaking to a live person. I'm hopeful Jaguar's responsiveness to I-Pace issues (a new, highly visible, and rapidly *rising* portion of their sales) is higher than the rest of their product line. For anything more urgent, try this number from Jaguar USA website: 1-(800)-452-4827 Option Number 9 for customer service
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 10:25 AM

I’ve also tried to reach JLR through Facebook has they do accept messaging from there. Unfortunately no response to Alexa functionality or OTA updates in the US.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page