Failed regen braking - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 01:36 PM Thread Starter

Failed regen braking

Just got a notification from carfax that a recall was launched for my I-Pace--I will ping my dealer when I get a moment:

05/17/2019
Manufacturer Safety recall issued
NHTSA #19V351
Recall #H213
FAILED REGEN BRAKING

2017 Jaguar F-Pace S
Ordered: 2019 Jaguar I-Pace HSE First Edition Corris Grey
post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudonym View Post
Just got a notification from carfax that a recall was launched for my I-Pace--I will ping my dealer when I get a moment:

05/17/2019
Manufacturer Safety recall issued
NHTSA #19V351
Recall #H213
FAILED REGEN BRAKING
https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls
Enter in your VIN

It says at the end:
Remedy
Jaguar will notify owners, and authorized repairers will update the vehicle with the latest software. There will be no charge to owners for this repair.

Since this was registered on May 9, Jaguar will need time to work up a remedy. My VIN shows that my car is part of the recall or remedy request.

2019 I-Pace EV400 SE
Firenze Red - Ebony/Ebony
Driver Assist Pack
Black Exterior Pack
20" 5 Spoke Style 5068 Gloss Black Wheels
plus a few extras
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 01:45 PM

Thanks wonder what the symptoms are?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 02:15 PM Thread Starter

I did have regen either fail completely or drastically reduce its effectiveness last week in the middle of a drive. but was working again after I parked and hopped in the car later that day. not sure if that has anything to do with this.

However, when they resolve this, it will be nice to get the software updated(haven't gotten an OTA push yet) as well as a few other very minor issues that aren't worth making a special trip for.

2017 Jaguar F-Pace S
Ordered: 2019 Jaguar I-Pace HSE First Edition Corris Grey
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 02:36 PM

I will be bringing my I-pace in for the first service next week.
Will show this to service writer, but doubt they will have a update by then.
I can let you know.

Jaguar I-Pace SE Borasco Grey Mars Red Interior Clear Bra Ceramic Coat
20" Wheels Mud Flaps Meridian Surround Sound Driver Assist Pack
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 02:48 PM

Thank you for posting this!

I have not had a single regen failure in >3000 miles (knock on wood) but my VIN is part of this.

A secondary benefit is that I/we will get to go to the dealer and engage them in a personal conversation about software updates. I know they're at the mercy of JLR corporate but I hope that we'll at least get a candid take from them about what the future may hold. Which may not be much, but they (the dealers) know more than I do at this point, so it'll be good to understand their take.
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 03:02 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciencegeek View Post
Thank you for posting this!

I have not had a single regen failure in >3000 miles (knock on wood) but my VIN is part of this.

A secondary benefit is that I/we will get to go to the dealer and engage them in a personal conversation about software updates. I know they're at the mercy of JLR corporate but I hope that we'll at least get a candid take from them about what the future may hold. Which may not be much, but they (the dealers) know more than I do at this point, so it'll be good to understand their take.
I was out at Livermore this morning dropping off my car to have a few things looked at (brake pedal squawks, H193 software update, getting the lack of 100kw charging on record in case it comes down to it later this year). I txt'd my advisor when I got home about this recall, but no response yet. I suspect nothing for a few weeks.
sciencegeek likes this.
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 04:02 PM

Will be very interesting to see if this comes over the air (mine now receiving updates)
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nict View Post
Will be very interesting to see if this comes over the air (mine now receiving updates)
Ohh, really? What's your geographic location?
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epirali View Post
Thanks wonder what the symptoms are?

A concern has been identified on certain 2019 Model Year I-PACE Electric vehicles where in the event of electrical regenerative brake system failure, the time to achieve the required compensation from the initial brake request does not meet the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards FMVSS 135 S 5.1.3 Regenerative Braking Systems.

Safety Risk

The driver will experience a momentary reduction of deceleration at the moment of loss of electrical regenerative braking until the foundation brakes function. This concern does not impact the foundation braking functionality. Vehicles in this condition do not meet the regulated requirement. Stopping distance may be extended and could increase the risk of a crash.

2019 I-Pace 400EV HSE First Edition
Corris Grey - Ebony/Ebony
Delivered 2/22/19

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page