Failed regen braking - Page 4 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Can anyone advise whether the telematics or infotainment version changed when the recall was applied?
Nope. Those were never touched unless you specifically tell them to update. I'm not even sure how to ask them to update the Telematics. I am on 19A and 14.2 right now.
post #32 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 03:03 PM

Mine is back in the shop this week with new and exciting or continued issues. They believe some may relate to the hood latch issue, TSB, but may be primarily related to the Apple Car Play issues. However the last Regen recall update seemed to help the braking, but on my last trip up and down the mountain pass, it only regen'd 2.6KW on an 80 mile trip down. I am not sure why it was so low a recovery with 75% of the trip in down hill grade. It performed the same as the uphill trip before it. They got me a new door handle to install, as it was cracked just like the loaner Velar has. The loss of the entire lower climate control screen on the way into the dealer was new to me, but they thought it may be related to Apple Car Play. The loss of rear sensors and cross traffic is still a mystery. It has not locked up again and become undrivable since the regen update. However this could be coincidence. I did start hearing a clunk on a rapid stop or rapid start. We will see what they think this is, could be the tow bars in the back? I am hoping for a quick resolution from the local rep, as this car has been out of service or parked most of the 3 months I have owned it.
post #33 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyras View Post
Mine is back in the shop this week with new and exciting or continued issues. They believe some may relate to the hood latch issue, TSB, but may be primarily related to the Apple Car Play issues. However the last Regen recall update seemed to help the braking, but on my last trip up and down the mountain pass, it only regen'd 2.6KW on an 80 mile trip down. I am not sure why it was so low a recovery with 75% of the trip in down hill grade. It performed the same as the uphill trip before it. They got me a new door handle to install, as it was cracked just like the loaner Velar has. The loss of the entire lower climate control screen on the way into the dealer was new to me, but they thought it may be related to Apple Car Play. The loss of rear sensors and cross traffic is still a mystery. It has not locked up again and become undrivable since the regen update. However this could be coincidence. I did start hearing a clunk on a rapid stop or rapid start. We will see what they think this is, could be the tow bars in the back? I am hoping for a quick resolution from the local rep, as this car has been out of service or parked most of the 3 months I have owned it.
WOW...I thought it sucked for me with rattling and random carplay lockups and having the screens blank for about a minute. I can personally say that unless Jag comes out with significant software fixes and figure out what that rattling is...I won't have the car at this time next year
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 11:05 AM

I live in Italy and I've just got the very same notification. I'm currently having my I-Pace fixed, although a techie actually mentioned 4 different upgrades/fixes, rather than the single one stated in the official letter by Jaguar (about re-gen braking). Mmmhhh......
post #35 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 07:56 PM

Just back from dealer on regin brake reall. And they did not update from version S18D. Service advisor said the said the over air capability had been enabled but Jaguar had not turned on yet, but when they did I was ready. I have no idea and really sort of doubt his comment.
post #36 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markgroce View Post
Just back from dealer on regin brake reall. And they did not update from version S18D. Service advisor said the said the over air capability had been enabled but Jaguar had not turned on yet, but when they did I was ready. I have no idea and really sort of doubt his comment.
What he said is not true...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BA24406F-428A-418E-8BE0-3DD8F1656399_1561683614622.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	1989  
post #37 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyras View Post
Did you ever get the clunking noise resolved on rapid stop/start? Mine is in the shop and they can't figure out the cause.
post #38 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 01:01 PM

Garage
Send a message via MSN to Enderle Send a message via Skype™ to Enderle
The update went fine for me. However, they didn't realize they had to put the car on the direct charger until they'd had it for several hours so instead of being in the dealer for 2.5 hours I was there for over 5 hours. (I live 160 miles from the only dealer in the State making these calls a day killer anyway). There at 9 out at 3, left at 6 AM home at 6 PM. Car running fine, range increase to 255, and regenerative braking seems to be back to where it was when I first got the car (it had seemed far lighter after the last patch).

Rob Enderle
2019 I-Pace HSE Blue
2014 Color Shifting (wrapped) V8S F-Type
08 Blown Purple (wrapped) FX-35
1970 XKE 327 Engine

Past Cars:
2017 Mercedes GLA 45 Matt Gray
2004 XKR Blue Heavily Modified
1965 Impala 396 Tricked Out
1968 Jaguar E-Type Roadster
1974 Honda Civic (custom paint)
1964 Jaguar E-Type Modified Race
1980 Mazda RX-7 heavily modified
1994 Toyota MR-2 Turbo
2002 Audi TT Quattro Modified
post #39 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enderle View Post
range increase to 255.
So you got 3 miles/kWh on your way home? What speed?
post #40 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piekas View Post
Did you ever get the clunking noise resolved on rapid stop/start? Mine is in the shop and they can't figure out the cause.
No, they said they could not verify it. Did they verify it or just can't verify to solve it? I am going to do a longer test drive tomorrow and try and replicate it in a in various controlled conditions.

I am taking it back in next week for the squeal/scrapping sound in the brakes and continued screen issues. They did a hood latch TSB, but I am still getting issues with the hood they need to adjust. However, now it shows on the display as being an open hood. It seems to open on its own. Today I had to drive it a few miles and it had two more issues. Front sensors failed to notify when up against a fence, and the hood popped open again.

The JLR customer care rep is still denying my Lemon claim and request for repurchase. I guess they want to force this to court. I made it clear the law states >30 days out of service they are required by law to repurchase upon my request, but they are using the arbitration procedure to extend my pain. The more pain I have the grumpier this old man gets. I guess we wait out the 40 days, get an attorney and litigate was is clearly their obligation under the law. Next week will push my in shop out of service time well over 50 days in just 4 months owning.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page