H269 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 15Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-07-2020, 08:16 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 4
H269

Hi there. I just joined the forum but have been an I-Pace owner since May of 2019.
I took my car into the dealer to have the H264 software update. (Also H228, 207 and 221 apparently.)
After three days of issues and the dealer trying to get a response from JLR I am being told that H264 is now being updated to H269 and it has failed two times and they will need to have a web X with Jaguar to diagnose the issue. Also, it might need a new IMC module.
Does anyone know about H269 or had these same issues? My "2 hour update" has turned into a minimum week rental of a Jaguar XE (ugh).
I was very happy with the car prior to this.
Thanks!
Deutsch100 likes this.
gimmerOC is online now  
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-07-2020, 09:08 PM
Senior Member
 
CurtSprings2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimmerOC View Post
Hi there. I just joined the forum but have been an I-Pace owner since May of 2019.
I took my car into the dealer to have the H264 software update. (Also H228, 207 and 221 apparently.)
After three days of issues and the dealer trying to get a response from JLR I am being told that H264 is now being updated to H269 and it has failed two times and they will need to have a web X with Jaguar to diagnose the issue. Also, it might need a new IMC module.
Does anyone know about H269 or had these same issues? My "2 hour update" has turned into a minimum week rental of a Jaguar XE (ugh).
I was very happy with the car prior to this.
Thanks!
My dealer told me a few weeks ago that new updates to the TCU and BMU are coming soon. He didn't tell me the campaign # but said he was pretty sure the updates will be available through SOTA for anyone who had the H264 update.
Deutsch100 likes this.
CurtSprings2 is online now  
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-07-2020, 09:29 PM
Member
 
LowOnCash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 62
Since my car is Pre-H264 I'm wondering if you have to have 264 to upgrade to H269?
Deutsch100 likes this.
LowOnCash is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-07-2020, 09:37 PM
Senior Member
 
CurtSprings2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowOnCash View Post
Since my car is Pre-H264 I'm wondering if you have to have 264 to upgrade to H269?
It will depend on the updates in H269 if that is even the campaign #. Everything is rumor from service departments. I see nothing in TopiX with H269 listed yet. I see you're on the U.K. forum so keep an eye open there as they get the releases before we do.
Deutsch100 likes this.
CurtSprings2 is online now  
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-13-2020, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 4
H269? Does it even exist?

The car was originally dropped off on 2/3 so I am 10 days in and no response from the service department since last Friday.
I did open a case with Jaguar. My issue with them was don't tell me it is a 2 hour update and then have no idea what is going on five days later.
When I told one CS rep the car was working perfectly prior to it being dropped off she jokingly said "You probably wish that letter got lost in the mail." I agreed and we both laughed. They are being supportive but admit they have little power to do anything at this point.
Glad everyone is loving their H264 update and thanks for reading my mini-rant.
jsimon7777 and Deutsch100 like this.
gimmerOC is online now  
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-13-2020, 10:10 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Middle OH, USA, Earth
Posts: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimmerOC View Post
The car was originally dropped off on 2/3 so I am 10 days in and no response from the service department since last Friday.
I did open a case with Jaguar. My issue with them was don't tell me it is a 2 hour update and then have no idea what is going on five days later.
When I told one CS rep the car was working perfectly prior to it being dropped off she jokingly said "You probably wish that letter got lost in the mail." I agreed and we both laughed. They are being supportive but admit they have little power to do anything at this point.
Glad everyone is loving their H264 update and thanks for reading my mini-rant.
It took 5 business days for the dealer to install the an update back in November on mine because SOTA didn't work. It took several interactions between Jaguar tech support and the dealer tech until they got it fed into the cat. Allegedly they had to replace an antenna to get it to work although no such replacement was recorded in the paperwork. Those interactions take time. "Try this", "Didn't work", "Send us this info", "Try this", "Didn't work", "Send us this other info", "Try this" … and eventually it worked.

Fortunately H264 took a couple of hours, but then the car sat at the dealer 3 days (one of them New Year's Day) due to the car not locking from the outside or fobs. A deep sleep fixed the locking problem on its own.

I wish you luck that this is resolved soon.
Deutsch100 likes this.
Ayepace is online now  
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old Today, 02:17 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 4
Not H269, now H264

Day 16. The car is still at the dealer.
H269 is not an update for the I-Pace but for their systems (supposedly).

Got a text saying they are now waiting for approval for a new "TCM" from JLR and then he called it a "transmission control unit".
Wow.
14 days to a lemon.
Deutsch100 likes this.
gimmerOC is online now  
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old Today, 10:34 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimmerOC View Post
Day 16. The car is still at the dealer.
H269 is not an update for the I-Pace but for their systems (supposedly).

Got a text saying they are now waiting for approval for a new "TCM" from JLR and then he called it a "transmission control unit".
Wow.
14 days to a lemon.
Hi gimmerOC - The thread start was that you had brought the car in for the H264 software update, which basically tweaks the battery buffer and some acceleration parameters in ECO and Comfort mode to squeeze out a little extra distance in the battery. Were you experiencing any other problems? I ask because there are modules with similar acronyms that do very different things.

The TCM is a Transmission Control Module which is used to communicate whether the car is in Park, Neutral, Drive, or Reverse. Depending upon the position, it affects the cameras, sensors, ABS breaking system (electronic park), etc. This might get updated with H264, but the campaign is not clear.

The TCU is the Telematics Control Unit, which is a major communications point in the car's communication network. It's part of the High Speed Controller Area Network that interacts with 9 other modules. I would think they suspect a problem in the TCU and not the TCM. Let me paste a description from the workshop manual which explains what the Telematics system is.


Telematics is a system of devices and features which communicate with other devices or with human users. The telematics system is a combination of built-in mobile connectivity, global satellite location information and vehicle network communications. The telematics features are often branded under the name InControl™.

The system is controlled by a Telematics Control Module (TCU). The TCU is integrated into the vehicle Controller Area Network (CAN) systems. The TCU communicates with the vehicle infotainment system via the Body Control Module/Gateway Module (BCM/GWM).

The TCU is connected to the Infotainment Master Controller (IMC) via the BroadR-Reach® Ethernet.

The telematics system provides features so the driver can remotely connect to the vehicle via mobile communications network. The driver can view information from the vehicle and can send instructions to the vehicle.

These include:

Emergency call (eCall)
Breakdown call (bCall)
'Secure Tracker'
InControl™ remote smartphone app.

The telematics system also features an in-vehicle WiFi hotspot using access to the mobile phone network.

For the WiFi hotspot to work, the user provided micro Subscriber Identification Module (SIM) card must be inserted into the front portable media interface panel.

Pro Services
'Pro Services' further enhance the infotainment capabilities to deliver an even richer and more connected experience.

The internet connection is provided by the Telematics Control Module (TCU), using the customer provided micro SIM card.

NOTES

Many of these 'Pro Services' are dependent on a data connection and availability is market dependent.
'Pro Services' is an optional feature in several markets as part of the 'Connect Pro' pack.
'Pro Services' supports the following enhanced system features in selected markets:

Real time traffic flow
Door to door routing
Cloud synchronization
Online search
Satellite view
Street level imagery
Online routing
Fuel price service
Parking service
Live Applications.



Either way, both modules are pretty easy to replace once they get a new one. The location of each are in easy to reach areas of the vehicle and they take very little effort to connect back into the bus. The biggest delay is waiting for the parts to be received by JLR. Good luck.
Deutsch100 likes this.

2019 I-Pace EV400 SE
Firenze Red - Ebony/Ebony
Driver Assist Pack
Black Exterior Pack
20" 5 Spoke Style 5068 Gloss Black Wheels
plus a few extras
Sbingham60 is online now  
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old Today, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 4
The car was actually running perfectly prior to taking it in for H264.
Thanks so much for the descriptions from the workshop manual. I am waiting to hear back from the service advisor to find out exactly what they think the issue is.
I agree with you that they think there is an issue with the TCU which may have actually prevented them from performing the update (H264).
I am also suspecting that was the first time for this dealer to try to install H264.
Thanks again!
Deutsch100 likes this.
gimmerOC is online now  
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old Today, 12:40 PM
Member
 
LowOnCash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimmerOC View Post
The car was actually running perfectly prior to taking it in for H264.
Thanks so much for the descriptions from the workshop manual. I am waiting to hear back from the service advisor to find out exactly what they think the issue is.
I agree with you that they think there is an issue with the TCU which may have actually prevented them from performing the update (H264).
I am also suspecting that was the first time for this dealer to try to install H264.
Thanks again!

This is my biggest fear of ever bringing my car to a dealer - The odds are always against the owner and even if the fix the problem, you still have the hurdles the car gets out of the dealer without any scratches or marred interior. I wish you the best of luck and a quick recovery!


Mike
LowOnCash is online now  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome