Full charge reset back to 201 miles - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-01-2019, 10:52 AM Thread Starter

Full charge reset back to 201 miles

The other day my screens went blank for a few minutes. When they came back up, the full charge now showed 201 miles (instead of 282 which is what it showed previously). I wasn't able to reset it nor was the dealer. So now I'm stuck with 201 miles when it's fully charged. Anyone else have this issue?
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-01-2019, 11:55 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by A330FO View Post
The other day my screens went blank for a few minutes. When they came back up, the full charge now showed 201 miles (instead of 282 which is what it showed previously). I wasn't able to reset it nor was the dealer. So now I'm stuck with 201 miles when it's fully charged. Anyone else have this issue?
Nothing changed in your car except for the numbers displayed, neither which are likely to be an accurate representation of how far you can drive on a full charge. I would encourage you not to be concerned with that display.
juice likes this.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-01-2019, 12:07 PM

Quote:
I just got my I-Pace last week and after the first full charge, GOM said 325km, after speaking to the techs here, they told me that because there is no driving history, the GOM is out of wack, that I should give it a couple of days, and indeed it got resolved, went to 454km. Maybe when your screens went dark your driving history got wiped as well, see if it gets resolved in a few days.
[email protected] likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 05:09 PM Thread Starter

Ok, thanks. The first time it happened i was able to reset it back to 282 using the: start button, pedal push method. This time that didn't work. I realize neither number is 'accurate". Just curious why it didn't reset this time, nor could the dealer reset it.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 07:30 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Ok, thanks. The first time it happened i was able to reset it back to 282 using the: start button, pedal push method. This time that didn't work. I realize neither number is 'accurate". Just curious why it didn't reset this time, nor could the dealer reset it.
One of the updates disabled the sensible way to reset it. The new way involved going fast and slamming on the brakes 3 times or some such nonsense. You can search the forum and find the exact sequence of acceleration/braking if you wish to give it a try
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 08:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantrium View Post
One of the updates disabled the sensible way to reset it. The new way involved going fast and slamming on the brakes 3 times or some such nonsense. You can search the forum and find the exact sequence of acceleration/braking if you wish to give it a try
Thanks! I'll probably just accept the 201...lol
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 02:48 PM

When I first got the I-Pace (almost a year ago), my eyes were glued to that danm GOM, seeing how it changed when I drove highway vs. city, aggresssively vs. calmly, etc. A year later I hardly bother or notice... I look at the "gauge" and SOC to decide when and if I plug in, generally only when I fall below 50% or have a long (>100 mi) day of driving planned. Message to new owners: your fascination/obsession with the GOM will pass...
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 03:56 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtgsrq View Post
Message to new owners: your fascination/obsession with the GOM will pass...
...at least it should. It appears to have become an unfortunate albatross for EVs as ‘the’ measure of comparison. Too bad.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 04:03 PM

I always go back to the basics: reset your trip after each charge, compare miles you have driven to the SOC percent drop, and go from there.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17holeinone View Post
I just got my I-Pace last week and after the first full charge, GOM said 325km, after speaking to the techs here, they told me that because there is no driving history, the GOM is out of wack, that I should give it a couple of days, and indeed it got resolved, went to 454km. Maybe when your screens went dark your driving history got wiped as well, see if it gets resolved in a few days.
Mine has been consistently 325 since day 1. That was 6+ months ago. How di you get it to move?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page