Collision assistance Forward Alert won't stay off - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-29-2019, 01:21 PM Thread Starter

Collision assistance Forward Alert won't stay off

Seems like every time I start the car up the Forward Alert is switched back on automatically. Other Collision Assistance settings do seem to remain, so it is "saving", but not the forward alert. Is this normal behavior?
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-29-2019, 06:38 PM

Why would you want that feature off? One day I wasn't paying attention and on my phone "Like and Idiot" and if it wasn't for the Foward Alert / AEB I would've rear-ended the car in front of me. It's a very useful tool in the I-Pace.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-30-2019, 02:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MottoMoe View Post
Why would you want that feature off? One day I wasn't paying attention and on my phone "Like and Idiot" and if it wasn't for the Foward Alert / AEB I would've rear-ended the car in front of me. It's a very useful tool in the I-Pace.
I agree that this feature is very useful in many cases and it's in almost all new cars nowadays, however, there are times when it is too sensitive for the type/place I'm driving and I'd just like an option to turn it off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17holeinone View Post
I agree that this feature is very useful in many cases and it's in almost all new cars nowadays, however, there are times when it is too sensitive for the type/place I'm driving and I'd just like an option to turn it off.
You can actually turn down the sensitivity on the menu where the gauges are, I have mine set to high just because my wife is always driving it and I want it to be like that. I will admit that sometimes when I drive and overtake vehicles it gets kind of annoying to keep going off.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page