Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

Unable to log into InControl from the nav screen

18K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  Canadian 
#1 ·
Thought I'd run this by the forum before locking horns with local JLR service. Ever since I took delivery in August, I've been unable to log into InControl services from the navigation screen. I'm sure you know the scenario -- Open the nav screen, the system prompts with "Please log in," prompts you for an email address and password, and ... "Sorry. There was a problem on our end. Please sign in later." All in-car functions seem to be working properly, telematics is on and working. I would pass on this except that JLR web sites (InControl, map update, etc.) tell me that "the primary user has not logged in from the vehicle," I don't have access to map updates, etc. Any thoughts?

#2 ·
The car doesn’t seem to like complex/long passwords. On your computer change to a shorter password with just alphanumeric characters like Fall2019 and see if you can then log in. If you can it was the password. If you still can’t, you may need to have them reset the system

#8 ·
Besides the Jaguar Remote app, there's the Jaguar Route Planner app. Download that app and login with the ID and password established at jaguar.here.com.

If you've done that, please clarify by specifying all steps you're doing.

#10 ·
I'm having the exact same issue. Email exchange with JLR and a visit to the dealer for software update has not resolved. I've tried simple passwords and multiple email accounts. JLR did say to only use a .com email because it does not work with a .net email address. I will try the reset tonight. I can't try the map update because the Add a Vehicle on jaguar.here.com requires you to log in from the car. Please update the thread if you figure out how to get this working.

#13 ·
And now for a good-news update.... After verifying my login account information with Jaguar and HERE, my sales rep and I discovered that we had a serious problem with the AT&T account; took about a month to get that straightened out, and I'm still not sure I trust AT&T in this (or, really, any other) application. With all accounts now accessible, I still couldn't log into the nav account from the in-car nav screen. With COVID SIP causing a multi-month distraction (very little driving, very much forgetting), I got a call the other day from the service manager at my dealership, who had heroically persisted in trying to chase this down with JLR corporate, and voila! The problem turned out to lie with something called Shared Secrets (apparently some encryption feature that allows the systems of the various contractors to communicate). The dealer needed about a half-hour to apply the fix, and FWIW all's well - I can log into my nav account from the in-car screen, and have access to the full suite of Connected Navigation services (that I probably don't really need, but **** ... in a car this expensive, everything should work, even if I don't use it all!).

#15 ·
And now for a good-news update.... After verifying my login account information with Jaguar and HERE, my sales rep and I discovered that we had a serious problem with the AT&T account; took about a month to get that straightened out, and I'm still not sure I trust AT&T in this (or, really, any other) application. With all accounts now accessible, I still couldn't log into the nav account from the in-car nav screen. With COVID SIP causing a multi-month distraction (very little driving, very much forgetting), I got a call the other day from the service manager at my dealership, who had heroically persisted in trying to chase this down with JLR corporate, and voila! The problem turned out to lie with something called Shared Secrets (apparently some encryption feature that allows the systems of the various contractors to communicate). The dealer needed about a half-hour to apply the fix, and FWIW all's well - I can log into my nav account from the in-car screen, and have access to the full suite of Connected Navigation services (that I probably don't really need, but **** ... in a car this expensive, everything should work, even if I don't use it all!).
I also had a serious issue with the AT&T acct stemming from a replaced telematics module. Your problem sound similar. Apparently AT&T sets up the acct with an id number associated with the vin that is unique to the module. When you replace it, the new module comes with a new id#. Apparently AT&T requires permission from JLR to change the acct.
Agreed, this level of service in unusual, but welcome, these days.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.