Web browser & weather/news updates - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-06-2019, 03:36 PM Thread Starter

Web browser & weather/news updates

Thought I would throw this out to the larger audience of the forum since JLR don't seem to know what is going on.
Here's the problem: The car connects to the to phone remote app, and the InControl route planner and I get live traffic updates, but features such as the web browser, weather updates do not work. I get a "No connection" message for these features. I have an active AT&T acct, and AT&T says there is nothing wrong with the acct.
Has anyone seen something similar?
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-06-2019, 04:26 PM

I once had to remove and reinsert the SIM to get my AT&T connection to go live again. I did this with the car on so it acknowledged the removal and reactivation of the connection. Just turning the car on and off wasn't helping. I'm not sure what this reset but it did the trick for me.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-06-2019, 05:34 PM

I am assuming the weather and web browser do work when the car is connected to WiFi?
AT&T technical support can connect to the modem in the car and do a remote reset of the modem which may help. Make sure to ask for the AT&T Connected Car technical support department.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-06-2019, 06:34 PM

Check the mobile data settings. Ensure the network provider, roaming, and usage limit are not stopping the connection.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-06-2019, 06:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormRune View Post
I once had to remove and reinsert the SIM to get my AT&T connection to go live again. I did this with the car on so it acknowledged the removal and reactivation of the connection. Just turning the car on and off wasn't helping. I'm not sure what this reset but it did the trick for me.
Thanks. Tried that no luck
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-06-2019, 06:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by W04t3r View Post
I am assuming the weather and web browser do work when the car is connected to WiFi?
AT&T technical support can connect to the modem in the car and do a remote reset of the modem which may help. Make sure to ask for the AT&T Connected Car technical support department.
Good question. Yes weather updates when connected to home wifi. Will ask AT&T to try the modem reset tomorrow.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 04:28 PM Thread Starter

[QUOTE=Qtown charger;45985]
Quote:
Originally Posted by W04t3r View Post
Talked with AT&T today. They did a modem reset. Everything work great. One more happy I-Pace owner.

As an aside: Interesting that live traffic uses the AT&T SIM card and acct, but seems to be independent of the other "connect car features".

Good question. Yes weather updates when connected to home wifi. Will ask AT&T to try the modem reset tomorrow.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page