Charging port won't open - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-29-2019, 08:27 PM Thread Starter

Charging port won't open

Anyone every had this issue? The charging flap will not open. Tried locking and unlocking car multiple times, multiple unlock button pushes, nothing. The little red cable inside the hood unlocks a stuck charging plug, but I don't think it has anything to do with unlocking the flap (I tried pulling it). Any thoughts?
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-29-2019, 10:00 PM

My best shot is to drive the car a short distance, take a short walk and drive home. Then try again.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-29-2019, 10:09 PM Thread Starter

I'll answer my own question and post a "how to", assuming that others will experience this joy as well. This is far easier than taking it to the dealer. Of course this might happen again and not be a permanent fix...but I'll have to wait and see.

- Make sure your actually have a problem first! Unlock car at least 3 times, etc...
- First photo: insert a flat head screwdriver into the gap on the side of the flap (rearmost) to lever it open, making sure you're levering against the arm holding the cover and not the plastic cover itself. Also use a rag where the screwdriver will touch your car. Lever, but not that hard, it'll pop open
- Second photo: in my case the plunger separated from the door and was still in the hole (not pictured). A little wiggling and it popped out. If your plunger is still attached to the door, stop here. Grease it, hope it doesn't happen again.
- Third photo: To reattach the plunger, assuming it popped off the door, insert a screwdriver in the hole (arrow) to push down a tab. You can then slide the flap door towards the back of the car/towards you. For those of you who have had door handles fall off, this flap is attached the same way.
- Fourth photo: Using an M6 star driver (ideally), rotate the plunger mount counter clockwise. It'll then separate from the arm. Pull the rubber boot off, reattach the plunger (it just clicks on), and re-install the boot.
- Fifth photo: it's all back together, grease it, and it works. At least for now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	142.0 KB
ID:	2749   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	232.6 KB
ID:	2751   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	208.1 KB
ID:	2753   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	233.3 KB
ID:	2755   Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	194.6 KB
ID:	2757  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-29-2019, 10:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2Roll View Post
My best shot is to drive the car a short distance, take a short walk and drive home. Then try again.
Tried that. It was still good and stuck despite being unlocked.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-29-2019, 10:32 PM

Reads like the locking mechanism (the hole where the stick/plunger goes in to) is where the fault lies.

Check under hood fuse box #1 (left side of car) for a 5 amp (tan) fuse in #1 position. Make sure it is good and making good contact.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page