iOS 13 and bluetooth music play - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By W04t3r
  • 1 Post By W04t3r

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 10:20 PM Thread Starter

iOS 13 and bluetooth music play

Is anyone else having trouble connecting to their music via bluetooth? I can play anything via CarPlay, radio works fine, talking over the phone is fine, and I can hear the "clicks" over the speakers when entering text. I've checked for SOTA updates and the dealer says I'm current as well. 2019 HSE driving since Feb '19 and everything was working beautifully until the iOS update...
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019, 12:25 PM

Yes! Recently my iPhone suddenly doesn't connect consistently through bluetooth anymore and the Browse function for music is slow and non-responsive. Also, new text messages don't pop up on the car's screen.
I am still on 19A software but this all started happening after I went to iOS 13.
joshpcarey likes this.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019, 01:11 PM

I had not tried bluetooth music before (always used CarPlay) so caveat there. But with 19B software and ios 13.1 (latest) I can hear music over bluetooth, but I do hear a little distortion/overdrive at certain kinds of music (which is not there via CarPlay link). Browsing is slow, but again I have no comparison to before. I would say however once down to an album selecting the album didn't bring up the list for a good 20-30 seconds (10 items max) and I just gave up.

Question: why use BlueTooth instead of CarPlay? Not that its an answer to your question.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epirali View Post
Question: why use BlueTooth instead of CarPlay? Not that its an answer to your question.
For me the advantage of bluetooth is that it is wireless so I don't have to mess around with taking my phone out of my pocket and plugging in and then not forgetting to take it with me when I leave the car. It just starts playing where I left off on my headphones. I don't need any of the added functionality of Carplay like Siri or Goolge/Apple Maps navigation.
joshpcarey likes this.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-12-2019, 11:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by epirali View Post
I had not tried bluetooth music before (always used CarPlay) so caveat there. But with 19B software and ios 13.1 (latest) I can hear music over bluetooth, but I do hear a little distortion/overdrive at certain kinds of music (which is not there via CarPlay link). Browsing is slow, but again I have no comparison to before. I would say however once down to an album selecting the album didn't bring up the list for a good 20-30 seconds (10 items max) and I just gave up.

Other than the hassle of getting the phone out and plugging it in, nothing really. I have to admit, I'm liking the carplay since I've been using it but I'd like to have the functionality to bluetooth if desired

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page