OK to drive with caution. Brake pedal feel reduced - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 06:28 PM Thread Starter

OK to drive with caution. Brake pedal feel reduced

Hi, I thought this may be of interest:
On Friday 9/27 my six month old I-Pace suddenly gave me this alert: "OK to drive with caution Brake pedal feel reduced" (see photo)
I called the dealer and they advised to bring it in that day which I did.
They told me they found a fault with the secondary battery (I believe that is the 12V battery) and a Power Supply box.
They had to order parts and the car was fixed and ready the next Friday.
However, that is not the end of the story. While they were working on the car my Jaguar Remote iPhone App gave me an alert "Theft Alert, your vehicle has indicated that it may be stolen". I believe this can be caused by the disconnecting of the 12V battery but the dealer was not aware and had not heard of this. They called the Jaguar Stolen Vehicle Center and were told that this alert would automatically clear in 24h. I picked up the car that same Friday (10/4) and it worked fine even though the App was still showing the theft alert, but with one exception. The data connection did not work and in the Connectivity menu under Data Connection it kept showing Reading SIM. There was the a persistent G with a diagonal line through it showing in the top right corner of the screen. In the end I decided to wait and see if it would resolve itself and it did. The next day the theft alert disappeared and at the same time the data connection established without problems.
So everything is working fine now and it was all done under warranty so no cost. Hopefully this was my one and only problem.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2455.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	138.3 KB
ID:	2631   Click image for larger version

Name:	Scan.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	135.5 KB
ID:	2633   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2489.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	2635  
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 01:52 PM

be careful with the brake pedal feel reduced. I got that warning first and then subsequently I received gearbox warnings, traction control warnings, etc.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 01:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
be careful with the brake pedal feel reduced. I got that warning first and then subsequently I received gearbox warnings, traction control warnings, etc.
Hi Brian, yes your original "Car Seized Up Completely" post of 8/14 where you mentioned that same warning actually made me react to it with urgency and bring the car in to the dealer right away. Thanks for posting!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-04-2019, 08:52 PM

This exact info message happened to me today and ironically I too have owned my i-Pace for 6 months. I greatly appreciated that you posted this as I immediately took it in for service as a result of reading these comments. Unfortunately I just got my car back from service 4 days ago due to a faulty front camera and I fully expect when I hear back from them tomorrow, it will require a part to be ordered, and will be another week without my car.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-04-2019, 08:53 PM

That's so strange. I too got that message today as well. It went away after I got out of the car at my next stop and got back in.

Jeff in Denver
'19 Jaguar I-Pace First Edition
'03 Porsche 911 Turbo 6MT X50
'74 Alfa Romeo Spider
'17 Volvo XC90 Inscription - Wife's
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-05-2019, 02:59 PM

I've had that message a couple of times. I just turn the car off for a minute or two and the message goes away. Never felt the brakes were any different anyway.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-05-2019, 05:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by peace0761 View Post
This exact info message happened to me today and ironically I too have owned my i-Pace for 6 months. I greatly appreciated that you posted this as I immediately took it in for service as a result of reading these comments. Unfortunately I just got my car back from service 4 days ago due to a faulty front camera and I fully expect when I hear back from them tomorrow, it will require a part to be ordered, and will be another week without my car.
Hi, please do post what the dealer found. It will be interesting to know if it is also the battery or whether it can be caused by something else.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-05-2019, 11:10 PM

The service department called and said the batteries were at the correct levels. They applied a few software updates. They have not seen the message again and basically I am good to pick up my car tomorrow. Needless to say that I am still concerned that the root cause of the warning message has not been identified.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page