Roadside assistance button not working - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation Roadside assistance button not working

When I press and hold the Roadside Assistance button for 3 seconds, it flashes yellow for about 10 seconds and the music mutes, but nothing else happens.

I haven't tried my SOS button for fear of triggering an emergency response over a test. However, I would like both of these functions to work.

Dealer said they updated "all" the software on Sep 9. Any ideas?
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 10:13 PM Thread Starter

Update: Dealer replaced the infotainment master controller (IMC) and updated to 19B due to the black screen issue which happened after I posted above, and it seems to have solved this issue as well even though telematics is still on software 14.2.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 08:41 AM

Are you using CarPlay or Android Auto? S19B is supposed to have some improvements for handling the car apps. Would be interested to hear if you were having any problems before with either AA or CP and if they now seem to be gone with S19B.

2019 I-Pace EV400 SE
Firenze Red - Ebony/Ebony
Driver Assist Pack
Black Exterior Pack
20" 5 Spoke Style 5068 Gloss Black Wheels
plus a few extras
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 09:06 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbingham60 View Post
Are you using CarPlay or Android Auto? S19B is supposed to have some improvements for handling the car apps. Would be interested to hear if you were having any problems before with either AA or CP and if they now seem to be gone with S19B.
Unfortunately between trips to the service department and some personal travel, I only had the car about 3 days total before it was ultimately upgraded to 19B. I didn’t notice any CarPlay issues (I did use it, just not extensively). No noticeable issues since 19B either, is there some specific behavior I should be looking for?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 01:50 PM

Call handling and use of Siri for CarPlay could be glitchy at times. S19A (July release) seemed to solve the call handling for me. I have very few complaints with the infotainment after the July S19A release. Just looking forward to the slightly faster startup time and the CarPlay improvements. I think it'll calm a lot of the noise we have complaining about the infotainment. Then we can get back to build quality and other issues seen by owners of the first model years.

2019 I-Pace EV400 SE
Firenze Red - Ebony/Ebony
Driver Assist Pack
Black Exterior Pack
20" 5 Spoke Style 5068 Gloss Black Wheels
plus a few extras

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page