How can I be sure my I-Pace has the latest software - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sbingham60

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 01:15 PM Thread Starter

Question How can I be sure my I-Pace has the latest software

I picked up my Dec 2018 manufactured I-Pace FE on Sep 7 and, unfortunately, had to take it right back on Sep 9 because none of the center stack screens were turning on.

When the service center called back they told me they were able to resolve the issue with a software update. When I asked which software, they replied "all of them."

My question is: how can I be sure I'm running the latest software across the board? Currently I can see:

InControl Touch Pro software: S19A_19.24.2-375121
Telematics software version: 14.2
Battery software version: [blank]
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboBear View Post
I picked up my Dec 2018 manufactured I-Pace FE on Sep 7 and, unfortunately, had to take it right back on Sep 9 because none of the center stack screens were turning on.

When the service center called back they told me they were able to resolve the issue with a software update. When I asked which software, they replied "all of them."

My question is: how can I be sure I'm running the latest software across the board? Currently I can see:

Similar question: my Telematics software version is blank. Any suggestions?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboBear View Post

You can't tell easily unless you have a Topix account, which you might not want to spend money on. Some of us on the forum have a topix account and can look up some of the software. You can post what you can see in your infotainment system and others can reply with what is current. As Software over the Air (SOTA) becomes more reliable, you can check easily. For now, you have to rely on your dealer or questions to the forum

Current Infotainment System Software is: S19B_19.35.5-418001, which was released today, September 17 2019. No one likely has this installed yet. It will come out via SOTA sometime in the next month.
Last Infotainment System Software was: S19A_19.24.2-375121, which came out July 11, 2019. You have the most recent version until S19B gets pushed

You should be getting automatic notifications for Map Updates via your map. That is a manual process and there are lots of threads.

Telematics - If you have had the July Infotainment System Update AND you have had the Campaign H193 installed, you should be able to see your Telematics version. H228, which is the more comprehensive update along with the latest infotainment should allow you to see what version of Telematics you are on. Your dealer currently has to update your TCU and there is a newer version out there, but the dealer likely won't apply the update unless you you are having a problem that is solved in the latest Telematics update. I cannot see what versions of Telematics is out via Topix, but I have seen folks take delivery on 15.2 and have heard on the UK forum of a higher version, which might not be useful to the North America region.
joshpcarey likes this.

2019 I-Pace EV400 SE
Firenze Red - Ebony/Ebony
Driver Assist Pack
Black Exterior Pack
20" 5 Spoke Style 5068 Gloss Black Wheels
plus a few extras
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 11:10 PM

I have Telematics 16.2 (I took delivery of 2020 HSE on July 20). Haven't seen dealer since (8 weeks) and have made no attempt to update.

My Infotainment version is S19A_19.20.4_363281. I tried this evening but could not update to S19B. ("No Update Available.")

Happy to report (knock, knock, knock) ZERO software/screen issues on 3 I-Paces and 10k mi: my original 2019 FE (5k mi), the loaner FE I drove for a month (2000 mi), or this one (just crossed 3000mi at the 2 month mark). (traded in my FE only to delete heated windshield - no other way to change out per JLR)

Last edited by dtgsrq; 09-18-2019 at 11:15 PM.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtgsrq View Post
I have Telematics 16.2 (I took delivery of 2020 HSE on July 20). Haven't seen dealer since (8 weeks) and have made no attempt to update.

My Infotainment version is S19A_19.20.4_363281. I tried this evening but could not update to S19B. ("No Update Available.")

Happy to report (knock, knock, knock) ZERO software/screen issues on 3 I-Paces and 10k mi: my original 2019 FE (5k mi), the loaner FE I drove for a month (2000 mi), or this one (just crossed 3000mi at the 2 month mark). (traded in my FE only to delete heated windshield - no other way to change out per JLR)
I think if most of us could get to 16.2 Telematics and at least the July S19A release, we would almost eliminate grumbling about blank screens, lag time, and CarPlay issues. I'm hoping 19B, which is a big release, will be solid. Unfortunately I have not been able to convince my dealer to update the telematics from 14.2.

2019 I-Pace EV400 SE
Firenze Red - Ebony/Ebony
Driver Assist Pack
Black Exterior Pack
20" 5 Spoke Style 5068 Gloss Black Wheels
plus a few extras

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page