WiFi no longer connects to my home AP - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 07:37 PM Thread Starter

WiFi no longer connects to my home AP

I've recently noticed that the WiFi in my I-Pace will no longer connect with my home AP when I pull into the garage.
So with my smartphone in-hand, I go into the garage and turn on the I-Pace.
My smartphone registers full bars on my AP. On the I-Pace, All Settings->Connectivity->WiFi and I get the folding rectangles spinning forever. It no longer sees my AP. In fact it doesn't see my neighbor's AP which I can see on my smartphone.
I manually enter the SSID of my AP along with the password and it say's connecting... but never changes.
I setup my smartphone as a hotspot but the I-Pace doesn't see it either.

To check if the WiFi transceiver is broken I setup a hotspot on the I-Pace (using the data SIM) and connect on my smartphone. No problems.

I'm running 19A that was downloaded via OTA. Is there any way to reset the WiFi firmware or is this something only the dealer can do?
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 08:12 PM

That sucks. What happens if you take the SIM car out of the center console slot?
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 10:33 PM

Try what I did. Turn off Wifi, Wifi hotspot. Then turn off the mobile data. Shut down the car, restart, wait a minute or two for the infotainment to boot. Then turn on Wifi and try to connect. It worked for me this way. The hotspot and mobile date interfere with the connection to Wifi.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 12:04 AM

As alphanstein said, toggling WiFi off and back on again may help.
I'm not sure if that problem is the infotainment module or telematics. I'm on telematics 14.2 and infotainment S18D-18.47.5-269316 and it frequently forgets how to connect to my home WiFi. To work around that problem, I put the button to toggle WiFi on/off on my home screen and only turn it on when I want it to work. Once I started doing that, it works 100% reliably and hasn't forgotten how to talk to my WiFi in many months. I also have yet to get a SOTA update even though I manually check periodically with the WiFi active, so maybe I'm shooting myself in the foot.
epirali and waja like this.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 06:08 PM Thread Starter

Tried suggestions from sciencegeek, juice and alphastein. No luck. Oh well, looks like it's another visit to the dealer for me.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 06:51 PM

Did you tell it to forget the network and then try to pair it again? That is part of the step that I did but forgot to mention.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 08:10 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphanstein View Post
Did you tell it to forget the network and then try to pair it again? That is part of the step that I did but forgot to mention.
Thanks. I'll try this when I get in the I-Pace to drive home later today Where in the menus do you tell it to forget the network?
Since it doesn't see other networks when it's supposedly scanning I don't have high hopes for this fix either.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 09:25 PM

I did find it having issues with remembering and connecting to hidden SSID networks.
I finally set up a guest network, password protected of course, without access to the rest of network, with a visible SSID.

That seems to have improved the situation but it still does not always switch from mobile connection to WIFI when it gets into range.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-26-2019, 07:59 PM Thread Starter

I'm gonna see if a hard reboot (disconnecting the 12v negative cable for 5 min) solves this.
Is there anything I should know when I reconnect the cable? Are all my settings in infotainment lost?
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-30-2019, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpsammon View Post
I'm gonna see if a hard reboot (disconnecting the 12v negative cable for 5 min) solves this.
Is there anything I should know when I reconnect the cable? Are all my settings in infotainment lost?
You don't lose your settings by disconnecting the cable.
You might lose your InControl App connection, which means you might need to reset that connection if it does stop and if it doesn't reset on its own.
the Negative cable reset is a low risk step that you can try.
mjpsammon likes this.

2019 I-Pace EV400 SE
Firenze Red - Ebony/Ebony
Driver Assist Pack
Black Exterior Pack
20" 5 Spoke Style 5068 Gloss Black Wheels
plus a few extras

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page