Bad battery. Finding out required detective work - Page 3 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 09:42 PM Thread Starter

Holy crap.

As of today, my dealer has finally been asked by JLR to drive the car and then charge it. The tech will be driving it home today and tomorrow, haha!
LewisLatimer likes this.
post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 09:52 PM

I received a new battery as well and it finally has the range as advertised and the Guess-o-meter is actually quite accurate now. I too was quoted $60,000 CDN if I was to have done the battery out of warranty. Maybe thatís why Jaguar doesnít have any money left over to put in a decent infotainment unit! Lol
sciencegeek and LewisLatimer like this.
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruintoo View Post
Is there an iOS equivalent app you're aware of?
No but you can grab a cheap android tablet at amazon ($50-60) which is what I did just to run it. Itís worth it.
LewisLatimer likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
I received a new battery as well and it finally has the range as advertised and the Guess-o-meter is actually quite accurate now. I too was quoted $60,000 CDN if I was to have done the battery out of warranty. Maybe that’s why Jaguar doesn’t have any money left over to put in a decent infotainment unit! Lol

$60,000 for the battery??? That makes no sense and really kills the financial insentive of getting an EV. I calculated I'd save $30-40k going EV (with cheap Quebec hydro), but if that gets offset by $60k for a new battery (so $20k in the hole), it really hurts. I assume there will be other options (refurbished, 3rd parties etc...) but still, that is ridiculous.
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcomeau View Post
$60,000 for the battery??? That makes no sense and really kills the financial insentive of getting an EV. I calculated I'd save $30-40k going EV (with cheap Quebec hydro), but if that gets offset by $60k for a new battery (so $20k in the hole), it really hurts. I assume there will be other options (refurbished, 3rd parties etc...) but still, that is ridiculous.
Well keep in mind the battery warranty is quite long and extensive.

"A: Yes. The warranty of the I‑PACE battery covers 8 years or 100,000 miles and is redeemable if the battery drops below a 70 percent state of health."
LewisLatimer likes this.
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 01:12 AM Thread Starter

Update, four weeks since original post.

Dealer called today. JLRNA agreed to replace the battery after I sent them a friendly request to do so, backed up my own data (see previous post) and the results from some exercises the dealer was instructed to do. Driving the loaner ...
bruintoo, jsimon7777 and epirali like this.
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nath_h View Post
For the first time, I bought the extended warranty....10 years and up to 125,000 miles. I have a feeling that this is going to pay out in a big way.
When I purchased I asked for a extended warrantee and they told me they did not have extended warrantee on the iPace. Is a extended warrantee available on the iPace?

2020 I-Pace HSE
Fuji White/20" 5 spoke 'Style 5068' with Diamond Turned finish/(AdSR)
Light Oyster Windsor leather sport seats with Ebony/Light Oyster interior
Light Oyster Suedecloth headlining/Heated steering wheel/Head-up Display
18-way heated and cooled electric memory front seats with heated rear seats
Meridianô Surround Sound System/Gloss Charcoal Ash veneer
Front fog lights/Four-zone Climate Control
Configurable Ambient Interior Lighting
Delivery 08/16/19
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 11:43 AM

Yes, I had no problem purchasing one from my dealer. Other companies online would be happy to sell you one, but it is a notoriously sketchy business so be careful where you buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbjag View Post
When I purchased I asked for a extended warrantee and they told me they did not have extended warrantee on the iPace. Is a extended warrantee available on the iPace?
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 11:53 PM Thread Starter

Update:

Car has been at dealer since 9/23. Instead of replacing the battery pack they were instructed to perform surgery: take apart battery, replace individual cells. This is a nonstarter as far as I'm concerned. JRLNA got a nice letter from me today. Arg.