Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

Very Loud AC Fan Noise

9K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  SteveGranger 
#1 ·
Started having a loud AC fan noise when the AC is running. Very annoying, Can hear it inside driving at highway speeds. AZ resident. Didn't hear the fan noise in any of the many test drives I had in several vehicles. Wasn't doing it when I took delivery the drive home or over the weekend or on Monday. Started yesterday evening on my drive home.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks!

#2 ·
Not experiencing any AC fan noise other than the normal increase in sounds as you increase fan speed or set to Max. If you are getting something that is more like a hum or buzz, rather than the sound of high airflow, you may need to take it in.

Since you have four zone, did you isolate front or rear for the noise?

#3 · (Edited)
It's the external fan that cools the AC system not the internal cabin circulating fans. Sort of like the electric fan on a ICE that blows air through the radiator. As the system gets hotter it needs more and faster air to cool the system so you hear the fan "really" ramp up to an "annoying" level, very.

#8 ·
Either when I precondition or just turn on the AC.

#9 ·
At work I'm in a multi story parking garage, you can here it echoing around the parking garage when I get out of the elevator.

#10 ·
I noticed that as of the last update when I plug my car in to charge the cooling system kicks in and is quite loud. Heats up my garage significantly too! It turns off after a few minutes though so I am not worried. The car is probably trying to cool the battery a bit before starting the charge process.

Timbo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.