Charge Level Control - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
JLW

Charge Level Control

Does the vehicle support delayed start and timed stop charge functionality? Car side or charger side?
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 10:02 PM

The ChargePoint WiFi charger does, I imagine most of the WiFi ones do.

I schedule it to come on late at night with the assumption it is going to add roughly 20 miles each hour, targeting at or near 100% just as I plan to leave in the morning... then I also enable preconditioning for my normal departure time so the car is, well, preconditioned when I leave (using wall power to bring the batteries to an optimal performance level and the interior up to optimal comfort... the garage right now is still pretty warm in the morning here in Texas).

Last edited by StormRune; 08-22-2019 at 10:07 PM.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLW View Post
Does the vehicle support delayed start and timed stop charge functionality? Car side or charger side?
I can only answer based on my experience because that's a tricky question and depends on the battery module software version and the charging system.
I have a Chargepoint system and before a trip to the dealer for the brake regen recall I could set up a time on Chargepoint and leave the I-Pace timed charging set to off and this worked great. After the recall neither the car nor Chargepoint system would work until I tried setting both systems to the exact same charge time. I've used this technique for 2 months and I've successfully charged each time.
Other members have posted their methods that work.
On a side note, you have to have a departure time set and must select timed charge to "on" when the goodbye screen appears after turning off the car.
I set a departure for every Sunday morning and if I don't need it for a Sunday morning I turn it off Saturday night and then back on Sunday afternoon.
Departures (preconditioning) works fine when set through either the car or app but sometimes the car mysteriously turns it off. You'll know it's off when the goodbye screen does not give you the option for timed charging.
Sorry for the long and rambling answer.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page