Sudden issues - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 6Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Unread 08-11-2019, 02:01 PM Thread Starter

Sudden issues

At about 1800 miles/2 months, this week for the first time got the “acoustic vehicle alert system not available” warning. Around the same time the car began making a very odd, bell or harpsichord-like ringing from the front when parked (not the fan noise). Also, now the interior sound system doesn’t work at all.
Can’t take it in until Thursday. Any thoughts in the meantime?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A3BE21FA-F78A-46B9-AC6C-FFC4E1AD58F0_1565546452608.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	2281  
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Unread 08-11-2019, 05:45 PM

I haven't read of any other owner with this issue. Was there a new software update recently? I had a Land Rover loaner that went crazy with all sorts of warning, chimes and bells that was software-related.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Unread 08-11-2019, 05:52 PM

Has the warning repeated each time you have driven since?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Unread 08-11-2019, 06:00 PM Thread Starter

Software 19A but not up to date - and won’t let me update OTA, something else I’ve emailed the service guys about...
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Unread 08-11-2019, 06:01 PM Thread Starter

It not every time. 3 times in the last 8 or 10 drives. Intermittent and unpredictable. Usually letting it sit a while until it’s completely powered down seems to fix it for a time.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Unread 08-12-2019, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtdavi3 View Post
It not every time. 3 times in the last 8 or 10 drives. Intermittent and unpredictable. Usually letting it sit a while until it’s completely powered down seems to fix it for a time.
that's too frequent. Some glitches are one and done. If you are getting repeated errors, then I think the dealer needs to take a look and perhaps refresh the software version for the module that controls the acoustic vehicle alert which should cover the backup sound, the low speed sounds. Not sure if it affects the alerts related to cross-traffic when backing up. In any case, 30% is pretty high.
epirali and Jtdavi3 like this.

2019 I-Pace EV400 SE
Firenze Red - Ebony/Ebony
Driver Assist Pack
Black Exterior Pack
20" 5 Spoke Style 5068 Gloss Black Wheels
plus a few extras
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Unread 08-12-2019, 11:04 AM Thread Starter

I just took it to the shop today. The noise was quite weird and loud and disconcerting, to the point that I didn't park in my garage last night out of worry (paranoia?). Of course when I pull up to Service the car won't make the noise and is behaving normally - thankfully I recorded a video of it. I played the video for the service guy and he just said "It definitely should NOT sound like that!" and then when I told him the rest of the issues he just said "We may need to keep it for... a while."

In addition to the sound system not working and the audible alerts not working, overnight it lost all my display presets and reverted to default (the one-dial driver's display now two dials, smart settings gone, etc...).

Service was great (Jaguar Cary in the research triangle in NC), fit me in and got me a loaner immediately. The F-pace is ok, but it's no I-pace, and I miss my car already...

Hopefully a relatively easy software fix. We'll see.

As I said, JLR Cary is great (for anyone in the area), as is the same group's Mercedes dealership next door where we get all my wife's vehicles. Just FYI!
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Unread 08-16-2019, 09:51 AM Thread Starter

Just thought I'd update. It seems my situation was a bit different from what other people have experienced so thought I'd share.

I always assumed the issue was software (simultaneous weird electronic noise from front of car, sound system not working, and random vehicle alert system warning on dash). Took the car in Monday, they updated all the software and told me it was fixed. Got home that night and the exact same issue recurred.

Took the car back on Tuesday (fortunately was able to get it to repeat the malfunction at the dealership so they'd believe me!). Got it back yesterday (Thursday) after 2 days. They completely replaced the infotainment control module, and so far that seems to have done the trick. So if anyone else encounters this particular constellation of problems, keep that in mind.

If the issue happens again despite this fix I'll update this post.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

JTD
gbillcb likes this.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Unread 08-16-2019, 10:37 AM

I'm glad you got your car back and all is well. I hope you take it out this weekend and enjoy the drive.
Jtdavi3 likes this.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Unread 08-18-2019, 06:40 AM Thread Starter

Thanks. On call all weekend so really just driving to and from the hospital, but at least it's in style again!

A few points to add.

I've noticed that, with the new control module and most updated software, the infotainment system is... normal/good now? No blank screens, loads instantly when I get in the car (no need to wait to load before I turn the car on), no lag when changing screens, etc. So that's nice, hope it lasts.

Also, I wanted to echo what others on the forum have said about the heated windshield. My car does not have this (I live in the tepid soup climate region of the southeast) but my loaners this past week did have the heated windshield. And I HATED it. Once you notice the wire squiggles you can never un-notice them. Super annoying. So glad I didn't get that with my I-Pace.

Just my 2 cents.

JTD
sciencegeek and epirali like this.