Battery cells broken - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 04:54 AM Thread Starter

Battery cells broken

Hi,
I've had my iPace since mid Oct '18, now with 20.000 KM / 12.500 Miles on it. So I probably got one from the first batch.

2 weeks ago it failed to charge fully: it simply stopped after 80% on my home charger with my charger stating 'Waiting for EV'. Strange enough that was just after using a 175kw charger in the Netherlands, something I hardly ever do. Public chargers could also not charge it above 80%. Then it degraded further. By the time the dealer agreed to take the car in - initially they told me to come in two weeks time - it wouldn't charge any further than 69%.

Soon my dealer called to confirm some battery cells need replacing. They said it's the first time they've encountered this. To start the job they require approval from the importer and it would take weeks before I get it back. This is almost 2 weeks ago and I haven't heard since. Yesterday, a friend told me that his iPace - from a different NL dealer - now stops charging at 96%. His dealer told him to bring the car in a week from now.

To me it sounds as if it may very well be an issue for many iPace owners to come. Have any of you here have similar issues / experiences?

Last edited by Daniel74; 08-09-2019 at 04:57 AM.
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 06:41 AM

Yes I am experiencing the same issue here in Canada. My car wouldnt charge past 89% but said fully charged. The dealer looked at it and performed tests and it was determined that the main battery had gone bad and that a new one would need to be installed. I just received a call yesterday stating that the battery had arrived and I am taking it in today for its surgery. They asked to have it for a week as this would be the first time they have done this. The dealer has been good and offered a loaner car. My car has 10,000 kms on it and was purchased in December 2018.

Timbo
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 08:38 AM

Wow, nothing I can add but thanks for posting to let others know to look out for this. Hope its a very rare occurrence and gets resolved quickly for you both. JLR must have had some reason to up the ante on battery warranty.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page