First Service issue - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By alphanstein

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 02:02 AM Thread Starter

First Service issue

Last week, my iPace would not start, kept flashing the traction control fault, then ASPC not available, then Ok to drive with caution, then gearbox fault detected, etc. It would flash all these then shut back off. Tried like others to charge to 100% and then disconnect, wait 15mins, no change, then wait overnight with car unplugged and locked, again the morning, no change. So had to call Jaguar service and they sent a tow to pull it out of the garage and to the dealer, which was late on Saturday. No service is done on Sat or Sun.

Dealer called me early Monday morning before I got to calling them, said he got the car and they will look at it right away, asked if I needed a loaner, I said yes. The concierge called me a couple of hours later and said my loaner was ready and they could arrange a Lyft to bring me there which I took. Got to the dealer around 3PM and saw the service manager first. He said it appeared that the 2nd aux battery which is the size of a motorcycle battery, and is another one in addition to the main 12V battery, appeared to be faulty. This battery sends the signals to all those modules that were flashing errors. They tried to charge it and it would not hold a charge, so a replacement was in route. He mentioned it should be fixed by the morning and they were also going to update the campaigns so install H228 (I already had the Gateway module and regen recalls done).

So I departed and took the 2.5L FPace they gave me as a loaner. Makes you miss the iPace for sure since it was louder on the inside, and definitely didn't have the smooth and powerful acceleration of the iPace. But like the iPace, it has the same infotainment and adaptive cruise, so was easy to get in, configure, and let it cruise in traffic on the way back home.

Sure enough, dealer called me Tuesday morning and said my car was ready, so they replaced the aux battery and did the H228 update after I left. I saw they test drove it about 6.5 miles that morning with the app.

Now it is back and home and all seems back to normal. Have not noticed any significant changes in the infotainment, all the profiles were still there except the two things I had to set again, HUD display brightness and location were back to default, and the home WiFi I had to re-enter.

I was fearful after seeing how some others have had difficulties with similar faults and dealer experiences. But I have to say that Jag was right on point with getting the vehicle and assuring us that everything is under warranty. And the dealer, in this case, Jaguar Carlsbad, made the experience painless, it was still inconvenient, but they even said "We are sorry you had to go thru this." They are surely a cut above the rest in my book. I hope my story helps others both get conclusion on their troubles that might arise and also raise the bar for the dealers you are interacting with.
ryzvy and Sbingham60 like this.
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 02:05 AM Thread Starter

For reference, the aux battery part number is JDE32902 and if failed test code 1H8V00-001CXAV-R9W31T. Battery should read 12V static, 14V started, but mine was reading 4.9V.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-26-2019, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphanstein View Post
Last week, my iPace would not start, kept flashing the traction control fault, then ASPC not available, then Ok to drive with caution, then gearbox fault detected, etc. It would flash all these then shut back off. Tried like others to charge to 100% and then disconnect, wait 15mins, no change, then wait overnight with car unplugged and locked, again the morning, no change. So had to call Jaguar service and they sent a tow to pull it out of the garage and to the dealer, which was late on Saturday. No service is done on Sat or Sun.

Dealer called me early Monday morning before I got to calling them, said he got the car and they will look at it right away, asked if I needed a loaner, I said yes. The concierge called me a couple of hours later and said my loaner was ready and they could arrange a Lyft to bring me there which I took. Got to the dealer around 3PM and saw the service manager first. He said it appeared that the 2nd aux battery which is the size of a motorcycle battery, and is another one in addition to the main 12V battery, appeared to be faulty. This battery sends the signals to all those modules that were flashing errors. They tried to charge it and it would not hold a charge, so a replacement was in route. He mentioned it should be fixed by the morning and they were also going to update the campaigns so install H228 (I already had the Gateway module and regen recalls done).

So I departed and took the 2.5L FPace they gave me as a loaner. Makes you miss the iPace for sure since it was louder on the inside, and definitely didn't have the smooth and powerful acceleration of the iPace. But like the iPace, it has the same infotainment and adaptive cruise, so was easy to get in, configure, and let it cruise in traffic on the way back home.

Sure enough, dealer called me Tuesday morning and said my car was ready, so they replaced the aux battery and did the H228 update after I left. I saw they test drove it about 6.5 miles that morning with the app.

Now it is back and home and all seems back to normal. Have not noticed any significant changes in the infotainment, all the profiles were still there except the two things I had to set again, HUD display brightness and location were back to default, and the home WiFi I had to re-enter.

I was fearful after seeing how some others have had difficulties with similar faults and dealer experiences. But I have to say that Jag was right on point with getting the vehicle and assuring us that everything is under warranty. And the dealer, in this case, Jaguar Carlsbad, made the experience painless, it was still inconvenient, but they even said "We are sorry you had to go thru this." They are surely a cut above the rest in my book. I hope my story helps others both get conclusion on their troubles that might arise and also raise the bar for the dealers you are interacting with.
Good to know about Jaguar Carlsbad. I bought my I-Pace and have been getting service (4 times now in 4 months) at Land Rover San Diego because it's much closer to me and the **** car has had who issues that I can't be driving to Carlsbad every time. This last services took 17 days and I've officially started the buyback process with JLR, but they said it's a 30 day review process and there's no guarantees the reviewers will deem the car worthy of a buyback but we'll see. My services experience has been ok, I just really wish for the price of the car and the amount of issues it has with less than 4,000 miles I'd get more special treatment. The whole service experience has been pretty much the same as the Chevy dealership for the economy Spark car I had 5 years ago. Tiny waiting room, pretzels and bottles of water when I'm in for service. No guarantees of a nice loaner car (one time they tried to give me a Hyundai and I was like "umm no"). I have to bring the car in at specific times where it's"more likely that a Land Rover will be available" but never guaranteed. And they have ZERO Jaguar loaners of any kind because it's primarily a Land Rover dealership. They're supposedly building some fancy new dealership next year but for now it's just meh.