Lost Online Capability - Page 2 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 11:06 PM

Is it recording your journeys and can you connect to it via the app?
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 01:49 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciencegeek View Post
Is it recording your journeys and can you connect to it via the app?
Nope. When I log to the desktop/web version of InControl Remote, the last journey is from July 20th, the last time it has worked. Also the I-Pace cannot connect to the mobile SIM, and LIVE services such as traffic, weather, and news and online radio doesn't connect to internet even if I connect to a WiFi service (either at home or my iPhone's WiFi HotSpot).
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruintoo View Post
So I got back the car without the dealer fixing it. Basically, they have just given up. The car won't connect to InControl Remote. It cannot connect to the mobile internet using the SIM card. And it cannot connect to the internet if I connect it to a WiFi network. The dealer said there us no test that they can do to solve this problem. They keep saying the problem is with the AT&T SIM. I keep telling them no that's not it because InControl Remote is suppose to work without the mobile SIM and it's suppose to be able to connect to the internet once it's latched on to a WiFi connection.

Should I try another dealer? Or is it time to complain to Jaguar corporate customer service?
I think you should try the complaint to corporate and perhaps try another dealer as this software is not I-Pace specific.
I am having the same problem as Epirali where the data connection via SIM is randomly turning off. I am able to turn it back on and works fine.
Also, to your point about Wifi. Even with the SIM removed or the data connection turned off, I can turn on Wifi and the Wifi will work fine. Wifi does not depend upon the AT&T SIM. The user SIM is optional. I think they are confusing the Wifi Hotspot option which requires the SIM. Connecting to a Wifi address is different.

So yes, go back the customer service and see if you can escalate to Jaguar Corporate.

They probably need to start the troubleshooting at the IMC and then work their way to the TCU and then to the portable media interface. I doubt the portable media interface is the problem since you also cannot connect via wifi.

Topix has a very long section on Telematics, but here is the snippet specifically about the Infotainment Master Controller.
INFOTAINMENT MASTER CONTROLLER
The Infotainment Master Controller (IMC) is located behind the instrument panel.

For additional information, refer to:Audio System (415-01 Information and Entertainment System - Vehicles With: InControl Touch Pro, Description and Operation).

The IMC is connected to the Telematics Control Module (TCU) via a BroadR-Reach® Ethernet for data connections such as internet and 'LIVE' data updates. There is a hard wire connection to the IMC to pass the microphone signal for use by the mobile phone system or voice system. When an Emergency call (eCall) or Breakdown call (bCall) is active this connection to the IMC is disconnected.

The customer service folks should have you go through these other connections. There is a reset process where you can hold down the B (breakdown call button) for about 20 seconds. I can't remember the steps. If they didn't walk you through that yet, they should try. It's an easy reset.

2019 I-Pace EV400 SE
Firenze Red - Ebony/Ebony
Driver Assist Pack
Black Exterior Pack
20" 5 Spoke Style 5068 Gloss Black Wheels
plus a few extras
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 10:53 AM

Found the step for the reset.

You can try this on your own, otherwise, you need to make sure the dealer did what I pasted below from Topix for your particular issue. T
- Hold the bCall button for at least 10 seconds, this will allow for the new configuration to download
- The bCall is the left button on the overhead console (one nearest the driver)
Okay a little more detail
Press and hold the “Optimized Roadside Assistance” button. After a couple of seconds the button will
flash amber quickly. Continue holding the button for 10 seconds until the button flashes at a slower rate.
Release the Optimized Assistance button which will continue to flash slowly for a short period of time.
After two seconds the button will go out completely.

At this point the connection is being reset and some files are being downloaded. You need to make sure you are parked outside when you try this. Give it about 20 minutes before you test the live options.

If you are still not working, here is what the dealer should have done-

From Topix - this is the dealer diagnostic for
Connectivity Issues

SYMPTOM
InControl live, internet, or mobile data connectivity failure

GUIDED FLOW DIAGNOSTICS PATH
Using the Jaguar Land Rover approved diagnostic equipment, please follow the telematics guided flow in Pathfinder to the location below: Interior Electrical Features > Telematics > InControl

POSSIBLE CAUSES
TCU software files corrupt

ACTION
Using the Jaguar Land Rover approved diagnostic equipment, update the TCU to the latest level software and check the connectivity

2019 I-Pace EV400 SE
Driver Assist Pack
Black Exterior Pack
plus a few extras
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Nope. When I log to the desktop/web version of InControl Remote, the last journey is from July 20th, the last time it has worked. Also the I-Pace cannot connect to the mobile SIM, and LIVE services such as traffic, weather, and news and online radio doesn't connect to internet even if I connect to a WiFi service (either at home or my iPhone's WiFi HotSpot).
Have you tried the mobile app? Can you connect to the car?

If the car doesn't record/report journeys and you can't connect via the app, which is independent of the user SIM, then that suggests a wider problem with all connectivity.
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 12:46 PM Thread Starter

Thank you @Sbingham60 . The first thing I did was reset that roadside assistance button with the amber light flashing and it did not work. Hence I took it to the dealer. What is the number I should call for Jaguar Corporate?

Last edited by bruintoo; 08-05-2019 at 12:54 PM.
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Thank you @Sbingham60 . The first thing I did was reset that roadside assistance button with the amber light flashing and it did not work. Hence I took it to the dealer. What is the number I should call for Jaguar Corporate?
I just have the North America main customer service number
1-800-4-JAGUAR
1-(800)-452-4827
Option Number 9 for customer service

On this page there is an email form to send a note to Jaguar USA - https://www.jaguarusa.com/contact-us/index.html

This is the "international" site with some other contact options: https://www.jaguar.com/contact-us/index.html

2019 I-Pace EV400 SE
Driver Assist Pack
Black Exterior Pack
plus a few extras
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 02:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbingham60 View Post
I just have the North America main customer service number
1-800-4-JAGUAR
1-(800)-452-4827
Option Number 9 for customer service

On this page there is an email form to send a note to Jaguar USA - https://www.jaguarusa.com/contact-us/index.html

This is the "international" site with some other contact options: https://www.jaguar.com/contact-us/index.html
Thank you! Called Jaguar Corporate and they got in touch with the dealer. Needless to say, I got a quick call back from the service manager to bring my car back for repair. I'm going to bring the handy tip sheet you provided with regards to TCU software file corruption.
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 02:03 AM Thread Starter

So tonight I tried the reset by holding the Roadside Assistance button until it goes through the various flashing sequences. I figured I'm taking in the car tomorrow to the dealer anyways so why not just try it again for shits and giggles. Lo and behold I didn't even have to wait 20 minutes and the all online connectivity worked! The InControl Remote worked with the app and showed all my journeys from when it last worked. And the the mobile data connection also connected and worked. My dealer must think I am cuckoo cachoo.
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 01:21 PM

Quote:
So tonight I tried the reset by holding the Roadside Assistance button until it goes through the various flashing sequences. I figured I'm taking in the car tomorrow to the dealer anyways so why not just try it again for shits and giggles. Lo and behold I didn't even have to wait 20 minutes and the all online connectivity worked! The InControl Remote worked with the app and showed all my journeys from when it last worked. And the the mobile data connection also connected and worked. My dealer must think I am cuckoo cachoo.
Wow. Good to hear. Hopefully this will hold up. This fixed a similar issue for me a few months back and has been stable since.

2019 I-Pace EV400 SE
Driver Assist Pack
Black Exterior Pack
plus a few extras

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page