GOM Reset Not Working - Page 2 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 10:17 PM

I'm running out of ideas. Anyone else have the magic formula?
Maybe ask the service tech at the dealer. If he even knows.

Jaguar I-Pace SE Borasco Grey Mars Red Interior Clear Bra Ceramic Coat
20" Wheels Mud Flaps Meridian Surround Sound Driver Assist Pack
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meldev##44 View Post
I'm running out of ideas. Anyone else have the magic formula?
Maybe ask the service tech at the dealer. If he even knows.
I'm going in for my 'regen' recall flash in a week. I'll see if that has any effect.

Jaguar i-Pace FE Photon Red 20" wheels, "Leaper"
Two Chevrolet Volts in service
24.2 kW x 480v 3ph solar array self-installed.
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 02:24 PM
Ain

Looks like theyre aware of the issue now...

There is a service bulletin on TOPIx that came up this month about a temperature mis-calibration from the factory. They have a temporary work around listed later in this bulletin (loading an old calibration file), but its not a fix.

My I-Pace (2020 June delivery) can be reset with the double pedal procedure and will show over 250mi of range for a few days, then it will reset to 201mi max as described in this bulletin.

SSM74445-RangelessthanexpectedatPDI
Reference SSM74445
Models I-PACE / X590
Title Range less than expected at PDI
Category Diagnostic Software Hardware
Last modified 06-Jun-2019 00:00:00
Symptom 000101 Diagnostic Concerns
Content
Issue:
During PDI the retailer may experience range less than expected at 100% charge, specifically this has been reported as 325km or 201 miles which does not meet customers' expectations.
Affected Vehicle VIN Range
SADHA2B10L1F79241 onwards
Cause:
An erroneous significant negative temperature value (-40deg) is reported by the PCM during the vehicle manufacturing process (due to ambient temperature sensor not being fitted when PCM is first powered). This causes the climate system to send a very high predicted electrical load to the PCM (~5kW vs a more typical 0.5kW).
The PCM uses this load prediction to calculate a negative offset to the predicted range which is then stored in memory to avoid range changes between drive cycles. Any changes to this offset are heavily filtered and, as such, the range will be incorrectly reduced below the expected figure for approximately the first 11 hours of driving.
A range reset will not cure this as the climatic load offset is not cleared during this procedure (only the historic energy consumption is reset).
McRat, bruintoo, dtgsrq and 1 others like this.

2020 I-Pace HSE / June 2019

In-Control SW: S18D_18.47.5-269316
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruintoo View Post
So the old way of resetting the guess o meter for miles range does not work for me. Tried the steps as described:
1. Press “START” without brake pedal.
2. Depress both brake and accelerator pedals fully at the same time for at least 10 seconds (was pressing closer to 15 for me).
3. Does not reset the range at all.

Can someone attest that this still works with Infotainment update 19A?

OK I screwed up. I did it with the IGN On, not OFF.
Press Start without brake pedal. Dash will say OFF the top but everything will wake up.
Now do the 10 seconds or until it resets.

I had to run a customer loop, so I decided to hypermile a bit. I cruised at 65-69mph, Fan Only, stereo off, using my foot not ACC for 59.7 miles stopping at two customer sites, round trip. Left with 201 miles and 100%, returned with 167 miles and 78%. Did the GOM reset while car was still warm, and voila, 196 miles.
Calidave likes this.

Jaguar i-Pace FE Photon Red 20" wheels, "Leaper"
Two Chevrolet Volts in service
24.2 kW x 480v 3ph solar array self-installed.

Last edited by McRat; 07-10-2019 at 03:36 PM.
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 05:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ain View Post
Looks like theyre aware of the issue now...

There is a service bulletin on TOPIx that came up this month about a temperature mis-calibration from the factory. They have a temporary work around listed later in this bulletin (loading an old calibration file), but its not a fix.

My I-Pace (2020 June delivery) can be reset with the double pedal procedure and will show over 250mi of range for a few days, then it will reset to 201mi max as described in this bulletin.

SSM74445-RangelessthanexpectedatPDI
Reference SSM74445
Models I-PACE / X590
Title Range less than expected at PDI
Category Diagnostic Software Hardware
Last modified 06-Jun-2019 00:00:00
Symptom 000101 Diagnostic Concerns
Content
Issue:
During PDI the retailer may experience range less than expected at 100% charge, specifically this has been reported as 325km or 201 miles which does not meet customers' expectations.
Affected Vehicle VIN Range
SADHA2B10L1F79241 onwards
Cause:
An erroneous significant negative temperature value (-40deg) is reported by the PCM during the vehicle manufacturing process (due to ambient temperature sensor not being fitted when PCM is first powered). This causes the climate system to send a very high predicted electrical load to the PCM (~5kW vs a more typical 0.5kW).
The PCM uses this load prediction to calculate a negative offset to the predicted range which is then stored in memory to avoid range changes between drive cycles. Any changes to this offset are heavily filtered and, as such, the range will be incorrectly reduced below the expected figure for approximately the first 11 hours of driving.
A range reset will not cure this as the climatic load offset is not cleared during this procedure (only the historic energy consumption is reset).
But what if this just started happening (201 miles) after the Regen reset? I used to get 240-260 range. Then due to some reason started giving me 201 mile range without me having to change my driving habits?
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 02:49 AM Thread Starter

Yeah, this reset GOM is not working for me. I've tried so many times. The range won't budge at all. I'm afraid I am gonna break my brake pedal by pushing it so hard.
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 01:19 PM Thread Starter

Ugh, my range has been stuck at 201 miles at 100% charge.
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 08:30 AM

Mine stuck too. 2020 with 19A... been 201 at 100% for the 6 weeks I’ve had it (1000-ish miles).
dtgsrq likes this.
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 11:14 AM

I can confirm that this is not working on my I-Pace, but I just had a major fix and while it was there they applied software for the H213 Regenerative Braking fix and the H228 rollup. I still have the original 18C infotainment software... I'm waiting to see if the next infotainment release in the upcoming SOTA release is more solid.

It would be my guess that the infotainment software has nothing to do with the GOM reset behavior, it would be something in the engine control or battery control firmware and those were just updated for me.
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 04:55 PM

Same here; mine has been stuck at 201 mi. max range with no ability to do the GOM reset (by simultaneously fully depressing the accelerator & brake while the vehicle ACC is ON (car not fully on) for 2 weeks now. It no longer works. It's been like this ever since I last brought my car in and they must have done some s/w update...don't know? Anyhow, last night it charged and when I got in my car this morning, it showed 212 mi max range (charged to 100%). IDK...this thing is crazy now and still cannot do the max range reset thing.

2019 Jaguar I-Pace EV400 HSE
Indus Silver w/ Black Pack Ext & Front Fog Lights
Mars Red Windsor Leather Performance Seats w/ Carbon Fiber Trim,
Ebony Suede Headlining & Illuminated Jaguar Treadplates
22" Style 5069 Wheels
Adaptive Dynamics

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page