H228 - Software Enhancement Program - Page 8 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #71 of 93 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 04:32 PM

The intermittent nature of the phone app has been frustrating for many of us. I don't think it is entirely the car and may be Jaguar's servers/cloud/network that supports it.

One thing I noticed this week is that, at least for me, the latest version of the phone app runs a lot faster and has been reliable. Of course, the last time I posted that the app had been stable for a while it promptly stopped working for several days.

This app really needs to be reliable to be able to see the true state of charge while you're away from the car and it is charging. You can't see the % of charge in the Chargepoint app when you're sipping your favourite beaverage at the closest supplier while the car charges. You need the Jaguar app for that.

I got the H228 and the only thing I noticed was the mileage estimate display had changed to a green bar across the middle of the "dial" (two dial display) with the guestimate beneath it. I wish it would show a % number there instead of, or above, the bar leaving me to guess what the % is or having to use the MyEV panel or look at the small number on the map of a route I'm taking. My 19A version didn't change with the H228 and from other postings it doesn't appear to be the latest.
post #72 of 93 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 12:05 PM

I brought my I-Pace to my dealer this week for the brake regen recall notice. Additionally they did updates for H193, H221 and H228. Upon returning home I looked at the software update screen. It indicates S18C_18.37.1-222737 (see attached photo). Everyone else here who has had the H228 update performed has a later firmware version. My service manager insists that the H228 was done on my vehicle. Is he giving me the runaround? Is there another way to check other than the software update screen? And no SOTA enabled on my vehicle yet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190802_182227.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	141.7 KB
ID:	2231  
post #73 of 93 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpsammon View Post
I brought my I-Pace to my dealer this week for the brake regen recall notice. Additionally they did updates for H193, H221 and H228. Upon returning home I looked at the software update screen. It indicates S18C_18.37.1-222737 (see attached photo). Everyone else here who has had the H228 update performed has a later firmware version. My service manager insists that the H228 was done on my vehicle. Is he giving me the runaround? Is there another way to check other than the software update screen? And no SOTA enabled on my vehicle yet.
That is definitely old infotainment software...released 3rd quarter 2018 (18C). 19A is the latest for North America. I’ve heard rumors of 19B, but no confirmation. I was under the impression H228 included the newest version of 19A. It appears by your experience, that isn’t the case.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #74 of 93 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 08:12 AM
MyA

After H228
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	89BC9E26-46EB-4E3C-A90B-F4E5C8E44101_1564917118409.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	2243  
post #75 of 93 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyA View Post
After H228
Holy Cow! It turned your OS to French!

Timbo
epirali likes this.
post #76 of 93 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpsammon View Post
I brought my I-Pace to my dealer this week for the brake regen recall notice. Additionally they did updates for H193, H221 and H228. Upon returning home I looked at the software update screen. It indicates S18C_18.37.1-222737 (see attached photo). Everyone else here who has had the H228 update performed has a later firmware version. My service manager insists that the H228 was done on my vehicle. Is he giving me the runaround?

I don't think so. As noted previously, I was given the option of updating to S19A when the H228 was installed. I chose to stick with S18C b/c my infotainment system has been flawless from day one, and if ain't broke....

Spyder
post #77 of 93 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 12:39 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayepace View Post
ryzvy read this doc filed with the NHTSA: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...62307-9999.pdf

Reads like the dealer did more than H228 and applied another update to the PCM.
Thanks @Ayepace Definitely looks that way.

HSE | Caesium Blue/Siena Tan | 20" Style 5068 wheels | Received 01/09/2019
post #78 of 93 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
I don't think so. As noted previously, I was given the option of updating to S19A when the H228 was installed. I chose to stick with S18C b/c my infotainment system has been flawless from day one, and if ain't broke...

My infotainment system hasn't had any problems either. However I wasn't offered the option when they did the H228 update. Every shop is different I suppose.
post #79 of 93 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 09:22 PM

I took my car in for the H228 update (along with H213 - regen braking non-compliance; H207 - hood latch and cable; and H221 - new charge port label). My experience was similar to that of many others, in that when the dealer attempted to apply the H228 update it fried a module that they needed to replace. The dealer told me that the previous I Pace on which they tried to do the update enough of the system was fried that it took them almost two weeks to return the car. Fortunately, my car was in the shop for only five days.

One problem since getting the car back is that I can no longer connect to my home Wi-Fi system. I had successfully done that before the H228 update (and the one module being replaced). I have not changed anything about my home Wi-Fi system and I still have a very strong signal in my garage (as reported by multiple phones). When I try to connect, the I Pace just spins its wheels (no pun intended, not sure how else to characterize the four red, blue, yellow, green rectangles that flash on screen interminably), and never identifies any networks (before the update it identified four or five networks - including all of my neighbors'). I've tried searching for a Wi-Fi network with Mobile Data both on and off to no avail. I am wondering if anyone else has had this same issue and/or if anyone has any thoughts on how to rectify this issue. I really don't want to have to take the car back to the dealer (again!) to have this addressed.

Thanks in advance.
post #80 of 93 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 12:12 AM

I had all of the same updates as KMDas, and my I-Pace can still connect to my home WiFi. Only complaint I have is the SOTA 19A update does mess with the GOM.

I-Pace FE, Corris Gray, 20" rims

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page