H228 - Software Enhancement Program - Page 3 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 93 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 09:02 AM

My dealer has never heard of the 19A update, let alone the H228. I won't even bother to ask.
post #22 of 93 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 05:00 PM

I brought the I-pace in when I got the regen recall notice. The SA told me that the Gateway update was also due. This is the first time it was in for service since we took delivery in Feb since the only two probs (Homelink and Jag remote app inoperative) weren't worth the long drive to the dealer. I demurred on updating the S18C infotainment s/w since that system was working fine. The SA agreed, saying that he'd advise to wait a year for that update since it sometimes causes probs.

While the car was being serviced the H228 update was announced, so that was performed was well. Just got the car back. Everything working fine as far including the Homelink after the rear view mirror assembly was replaced.

Spyder
post #23 of 93 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 05:29 PM

Here’s the version after update. When I looked for the telematics version it shows blank. However, the dealer may have activated software updates as the software updates option shows as on.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B4EC7F96-32F9-4C10-9843-314DA4ADCEA9_1563053348301.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	122.7 KB
ID:	2113  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 93 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 05:55 PM

Got the ipace back after the Update H228.

The good: Apple CarPlay is finally working perfectly. It will load every time I plug the phone and I can finally hear callers the first time using ACP. All systems including EV screen load pretty quick and recognize my key/phone every time. So all good with H228.

The bad: The H228 update did not fixed the GOM/Range estimator. It seems to be on a default setting. It always goes to 282miles at 100% charge and it goes down at a very inaccurate rate. Real range with a/c on is around 195-200 miles at 100% charge not 282 miles. It stopped working after the Regen update due to recall and the issue seems to be separated from the H228 as it did not fixed. Does not matter the mode(ECO/Dynamic/etc) it makes no different on the GOM range, nor does turning the ac or heater on/off. + miles is always at +0 even though the orange range next to it increase/decrease as ac/heater and/or lights are turned on/off. Going from ac on/off used to be +34miles. Now stock at +0. The range algorithm seems to be working as the orange range bars increase and decrease depending on systems configuration but not communicating with the GOM dial and the +x indicator.

Dealer has no idea why and are going to reach to Jaguar USA on Monday for advice. Not a big issue but I like everything working as it should specially since it was perfect before the Regen update!!

Last edited by zagaone; 07-13-2019 at 06:04 PM.
post #25 of 93 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 06:08 PM

The GOM reset procedure also stopped responding/resetting at the same time.
post #26 of 93 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 09:00 PM

Thanks for update, is there any speed up on boot times or screen response/lag on infotainment?
post #27 of 93 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 12:24 AM

Infotainment boots pretty quick now. Before I used to wait a long time, around 15 sec. for the radio to start. Now radio boot almost immediately. My EV also boot quickly without any issues. My key is recognize right away and Apple CarPlay works as intended. Basically no problems except for the GOM and the miles potential reading always +0 as explained before.
post #28 of 93 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 08:11 PM

I had H213 recall and H228 updates last week in California - No issues so far.
Havent done a full charge yet so not sure if GOM or range has improved. Will update next week....

2019 I-Pace HSE
Corris Grey
post #29 of 93 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epirali View Post
Thanks for update, is there any speed up on boot times or screen response/lag on infotainment?

Following the regen, gateway and H228 updates, I had to reset basic settings (e,, instrument display, 12/24 clock, date format, etc) so did a pretty thorough review of all the menus. Despite the fact that, at my request, infotainment was left at S18C, menu response was noticeably faster then before the updates. I have noticed that the Juicebox estimate of threshold at which timed charging stops is a bit off relative to what it was befog the updates, eg, requested charge to 200 mi, but charging stopped at 188. Previously, it would stop at about + or - 5 mi. Otherwise, everything is perfect.

Spyder
post #30 of 93 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 01:49 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
I have noticed that the Juicebox estimate of threshold at which timed charging stops is a bit off relative to what it was befog the updates, eg, requested charge to 200 mi, but charging stopped at 188. Previously, it would stop at about + or - 5 mi. Otherwise, everything is perfect.

Spyder
I noticed the same after the Regen/Gateway update. Before it used to be within +/- 1% now it can be as much as 6-7%.

HSE | Caesium Blue/Siena Tan | 20" Style 5068 wheels | Received 01/09/2019

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page