AC Failure part II - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By Dantrium

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 06:30 PM Thread Starter

AC Failure part II

I picked up my car on 21 June. It took 17 days, but the problems had been addressed and the car was on it’s best behavior.

Five days later I parked it at the airport for 5 days. Upon my return I discover the AC has once again failed. I am guessing it is a leak versus a hardware failure like the first failure. Bringing it back on the 5th.
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantrium View Post
I picked up my car on 21 June. It took 17 days, but the problems had been addressed and the car was on it’s best behavior.

Five days later I parked it at the airport for 5 days. Upon my return I discover the AC has once again failed. I am guessing it is a leak versus a hardware failure like the first failure. Bringing it back on the 5th.
It took them two tries to fix my AC as well. Sounds like they need a better troubleshooting flowchart.

Jaguar i-Pace FE Photon Red 20" wheels, "Leaper"
Two Chevrolet Volts in service
24.2 kW x 480v 3ph solar array self-installed.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 10:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRat View Post

It took them two tries to fix my AC as well. Sounds like they need a better troubleshooting flowchart.
Technically this will be their third try. Right away, before they started the software updates, they called to tell me the refrigerant was very low so they would recharge the system and put dye in it to find the leak. After they were done with the updates, they couldn’t find any leaks, the system was fully charged, but still no cold air. They said they worked directly with JLR factory techs and determined they needed to replace the ‘major components’, which they did. This eliminated the weird noise I had (apparently from a bad compressor) at speeds over 70mph and I had cold air.

I am guessing this time it is a leak, probably from a bad connection during the system replacement.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 06:17 AM Thread Starter

They have now had the car for 3 weeks and cannot figure out how to fix the AC. Most of the delay is because they cannot seem to determine the problem, so they are just throwing parts at it; most of which need to come from the UK, so long transit times.

1.Take a guess on which parts to replace.
2. Order parts.
3. 4-5 days later install them, still not working
4. Repeat Step 1

Maybe it is time for me to open a ticket with JLR for resolution...
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 10:19 AM

Quote:
They have now had the car for 3 weeks and cannot figure out how to fix the AC. Most of the delay is because they cannot seem to determine the problem, so they are just throwing parts at it; most of which need to come from the UK, so long transit times.

2. Order parts.
4. Repeat Step 1

I believe we spoke about this a month ago, when you sent me a DM.
I highly recommend you open a case with JLR for a "Lemon Law" buy back or replacement. Study your State law well and you will be the expert.
Trust me it takes several months, and it is a painful process.
I have lived through a lot of grief for over 8 weeks and still have to receive my check for the buyback.
Call me if you need a consultation.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 06:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejbritto View Post
Quote:

2. Order parts.
4. Repeat Step 1

I believe we spoke about this a month ago, when you sent me a DM.
I highly recommend you open a case with JLR for a "Lemon Law" buy back or replacement. Study your State law well and you will be the expert.
Trust me it takes several months, and it is a painful process.
I have lived through a lot of grief for over 8 weeks and still have to receive my check for the buyback.
Call me if you need a consultation.
Interestingly, I got a call from JLR today. They are opening a case. They were super polite and did a great job of showcasing their skills at customer service...I suppose I’ll soon find out if it is simply lip service or they are genuinely interested in working out a mutually agreeable solution
sciencegeek and dtgsrq like this.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 05:53 PM

Under 3k miles on my 2019 First Edition and A/C stopped working. They determined compressor needed to be replaced. Also found some problems with charging module which required replacement of 2 12V batteries. 13 days in the shop. Awaiting delivery. Absolutely love the car and hope these VERY early serious issues are not indicative.
Will keep you posted on future experiences
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-18-2019, 02:29 PM

Bought mine in May 2019. 8k plus miles. AC was blowing hot Air. Gesture control does not work. Infonment system keeps on re booting while driving and slow in loading. USB drive does not get recognized most of time. Have to unplug and replug to get recognis.Drove for 2 weeks in 95 plus degree during heat wave here in NJ with windows down. Finally got an appointment for service. In shop since July 6, 2019. No update from dealer. 90 mile commute round trip daily. After commute if parked inside for charging has burning smell emitting. Like battery is discharging energy to cool down and while plugged in gives away loud humming noise for some times more than upto 10 minutes. Hence most of the time I park outside to charge. Do not want car battery to explode while parked in garage as it has been experienced with Teslas and Hyundai.
Price you pay for being early adopter. Still a keeper. Just like my F-pace S. Ride is much better than F-pace and many ICE SUVS.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page