High voltage battery shutdown not possible-live service - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 02:17 PM Thread Starter

High voltage battery shutdown not possible-live service

Hey I-Paccers
I have question about charging error that i encountered.
I have just got an i pace on test for few days. The car is overall fabulous but i dont like it very much.
To get to the thing. I tried charging on +60kW DC charging station. First try charging station says SLAC communication overtime. Guess i took to much time from pluging cable to starting the station. Then on the second try i got it to start only to stop 2minutes in.
Tried few more times but it wouldnt start at all.
I thought i will fill somewhere else since i still had 250km of range. However when i started the car i got warning that says: high voltage battery shutdown not possible-live service...
Now i can not charge anywhere, not on any DC, not on AC type 2 and not even on 220V Ac home socket.
I cant erase error and i havent find a way to do that. I know all other EV have simple warning erase protocols. Do any of you know if Jag have this option or is service the only optioni got?
I tried reset routine but it only resets range estimate...
Thank you
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 02:25 PM

Mascoba, did you unlock the vehicle before removing the charging cable? If not, it's possible the charge port locking mechanism is broken and the vehicle will no longer charge. The DC fast charging plugs are heavy and the locking mechanism is not very robust.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 02:41 PM Thread Starter

Yeah off course i did, after i produced error i have tried charging and it always locked the cable in so i guess locking mechanism should be ok.
ABB station said i need to turn off my vehicle to start charging even though i had it turned off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mascoba View Post
Yeah off course i did, after i produced error i have tried charging and it always locked the cable in so i guess locking mechanism should be ok.
ABB station said i need to turn off my vehicle to start charging even though i had it turned off.
I've had problems with some of the older charging stations from EVgo and other forum members have had problems with older chargers from other brands. Perhaps this is the issue?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 03:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtSprings View Post
I've had problems with some of the older charging stations from EVgo and other forum members have had problems with older chargers from other brands. Perhaps this is the issue?
Yes i agree it is most certainly that problem. First try was on older chargi g station. However i find it odd that it produced error that would not go away.
It is also shame you dont have option to wipe it yourself or somehow restart vehicle like others. (nissan-turn on, turn off, turn on; hyundai 3x that routine, wv you charge AC to delete errors,...)
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mascoba View Post

Yes i agree it is most certainly that problem. First try was on older chargi g station. However i find it odd that it produced error that would not go away.
It is also shame you dont have option to wipe it yourself or somehow restart vehicle like others. (nissan-turn on, turn off, turn on; hyundai 3x that routine, wv you charge AC to delete errors,...)
Try charging at home with the level 1 cable and if that doesn't work then it's a trip to the service department.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 05:13 PM Thread Starter

Tried it already 😔
Guess thats a trip to service.
Tnx everyone for answers.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page