8K Miles - Suspension Failure Warning - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Dantrium
  • 1 Post By CyberSlug

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 06:50 PM Thread Starter

8K Miles - Suspension Failure Warning

Just today got a Suspension Failure Warning (Press OK to drive). It seems to drive normally, but I can't use the Cruise Control now. And, it says Emergency Braking is disabled.

Anybody else?
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 07:17 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WattAJag View Post
Just today got a Suspension Failure Warning (Press OK to drive). It seems to drive normally, but I can't use the Cruise Control now. And, it says Emergency Braking is disabled.

Anybody else?
That message or similar has popped up a few times, but has always gone away as mysteriously as it has appeared. I’ve always chalked it up to a software glitch.
epirali likes this.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 12:12 AM

Garage
I suspect a lot of these “glitches” are actually comm failures on the CAN bus, either hardware (loose connections) or race conditions in receiving the messages on the bus. It definitely doesn’t seem to have engineered for redundancy and reliable delivery of the messages given all the other bugs people have mentioned where the modules failed to properly communicate (like the black screen issue as an example).
Mister Dave likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 10:04 PM Thread Starter

And, as you predicted, the next day - things were back to normal. No problems. Thanks, folks!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WattAJag View Post
And, as you predicted, the next day - things were back to normal. No problems. Thanks, folks!
Have you had your car in for H193 Body Control Module/Gateway Module (BCM/GWM) - Update ECU? This update and the Recall for Regenerative braking should probably be done. The GWM controls a lot of stuff (technical term). So if you haven't done H193 and H213, you might schedule some time and then let the dealer know about the error you encountered. They can do a software check on all the modules while it's in.

2019 I-Pace EV400 SE
Firenze Red - Ebony/Ebony
Driver Assist Pack
Black Exterior Pack
20" 5 Spoke Style 5068 Gloss Black Wheels
plus a few extras
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 08:52 PM

Suspension Issues

I’ve brought my car back to the dealer twice. When I go over rough surfaces or different surfaces my steering wheel chatters. Alignment and wheels are properly aligned with correct pressure. I turn off lane keep assist and seems better but not like my F pace. Anyone have any similar issues. Oh I’m running 20s with 2000 miles.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 11:41 AM

I'm no expert, but your reporting of "steering wheel chatter" sounds like an actual mechanical problem.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonic View Post
I’ve brought my car back to the dealer twice. When I go over rough surfaces or different surfaces my steering wheel chatters. Alignment and wheels are properly aligned with correct pressure. I turn off lane keep assist and seems better but not like my F pace. Anyone have any similar issues. Oh I’m running 20s with 2000 miles.
You need to find an area around the dealership where you can demonstrate it. It's hard to troubleshoot anything that is intermittent. Take the service writer for a ride.

Jaguar i-Pace FE Photon Red 20" wheels, "Leaper"
Two Chevrolet Volts in service
24.2 kW x 480v 3ph solar array self-installed.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRat View Post
You need to find an area around the dealership where you can demonstrate it. It's hard to troubleshoot anything that is intermittent. Take the service writer for a ride.
Thanks It's on my to do list...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page