Apple Carplay issue - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Unread 06-17-2019, 02:12 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: South Florida
Posts: 8
Apple Carplay issue

Hi all, I've been following this forum for a while and have decided it's finally time to post. I've had my I-Pace for close to two months now and have to say it's a blast to drive! That being said I am, unfortunately, seeing most of the problems everyone here is talking about. One topic i don't see much discussion on is Carplay. To those that do use it. how's it working for you? Generally it works for me with the exception of siri. If i say something like hey siri text whomever, the normal behavior is that it waits a minute or so and finally comes back to me with a "no internet connection" message.
I'd also like to add that it occasionally works, by occasionally i mean it's worked 3 or 4 times since i've had the car :-( Anybody else seeing this? my touch pro software is s18d_18.47.5-269316. Thanks!
tedno is offline  
post #2 of 28 (permalink) Unread 06-19-2019, 03:04 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 142
I use mine occasionally (just bluetooth just as or more often) and it functions well. However I have never tried to use Siri, so I have no direct experience in the car with that.


I'll give that a try next time and get back to you.

2019 I-Pace 400EV HSE First Edition
Corris Grey - Ebony/Ebony
Suede Headliner
Fully Extended Leather/Ash Wood Trim
Heads-Up Display/Four-Zone Climate
20" Wheels/Rubber Mats x5
Delivered 2/22/19
LauderdaleFE is offline  
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Unread 06-19-2019, 09:41 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedno View Post
Hi all, I've been following this forum for a while and have decided it's finally time to post. I've had my I-Pace for close to two months now and have to say it's a blast to drive! That being said I am, unfortunately, seeing most of the problems everyone here is talking about. One topic i don't see much discussion on is Carplay. To those that do use it. how's it working for you? Generally it works for me with the exception of siri. If i say something like hey siri text whomever, the normal behavior is that it waits a minute or so and finally comes back to me with a "no internet connection" message.
I'd also like to add that it occasionally works, by occasionally i mean it's worked 3 or 4 times since i've had the car :-( Anybody else seeing this? my touch pro software is s18d_18.47.5-269316. Thanks!
HI there

The no internet connection is not because of anything with I Pace, assuming you are using your own data plan for the phone. It may be the coverage and/or the phone not getting good signal based on where you are placing it. Can you give us more information? Which phone? What carrier? What data plan are you using?
epirali is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 28 (permalink) Unread 06-19-2019, 12:19 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: South Florida
Posts: 8
Thanks for the response! To answer your questions, it's an iphone 10x, ios 12.2 with a t-mobile unlimited plan. Here's what i'm seeing... I get into the car don't turn it on, I've also turned wifi off on my phone to force it to use cellular, I use siri to send a text and it works perfectly as expected. I then turn the car on, connect the phone, carplay comes up, I try to send a text using siri and I get the "no internet connection" message displayed on the cars touchscreen. The phone status shown on the touchscreen via carplay shows LGE with 2 bars, same as what the phone shows when not connected to carplay. HELP! :-) Thanks again!
tedno is offline  
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Unread 06-19-2019, 01:21 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: South Florida
Posts: 8
not sure what LGE is :-( meant... LTE :-)
tedno is offline  
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Unread 06-19-2019, 01:43 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 538
Found this article, there is a setting about use of Cellular data while in CarPlay.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7957457
epirali is online now  
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Unread 06-20-2019, 08:56 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 101
Carplay is spotty at best. From what I can tell if you connect your phone too quickly when you start your car...it goes wonky. Making and receiving calls dont work properly, voice to text is slow, overall experience is slow. I've learned to drive the car a few minutes before connecting the USB cable
[email protected] is offline  
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Unread 06-21-2019, 03:47 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Carplay is spotty at best. From what I can tell if you connect your phone too quickly when you start your car...it goes wonky. Making and receiving calls dont work properly, voice to text is slow, overall experience is slow. I've learned to drive the car a few minutes before connecting the USB cable
Definitely more work to do on Android Auto and CarPlay. I posted on another thread that I recently was on a business trip, rented a Ford Fusion Hybrid with FordSync and Carplay support. The infotainment system booted quick. It immediately detected the iOS and offered up CarPlay. Everything, including voice command worked perfect. I connected the phone prior to start up and it worked great. There was no confusion.

I too wait until my profile /preferences load before connecting the USB cable when I want to use CarPlay and have reasonably good experience. I also make sure I change source when I turn off the car so that it starts up the infotainment system on either Radio or on Sirius/XM. I've had a couple odd experiences when the start up is looking for CarPlay music as the source.

My infotainment is getting updated to S19A this week. I'll see if there are any differences.

2019 I-Pace EV400 SE
Firenze Red - Ebony/Ebony
Driver Assist Pack
Black Exterior Pack
20" 5 Spoke Style 5068 Gloss Black Wheels
plus a few extras
Sbingham60 is online now  
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Unread 06-21-2019, 04:23 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbingham60 View Post
My infotainment is getting updated to S19A this week. I'll see if there are any differences.
I just picked up my car today. It was completely updated, all modules, 30+ updates installed. It took them nearly 3 full days with the car hooked up to their pathfinder system to get them all done..

CarPlay still doesn’t work right.
Dantrium is online now  
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Unread 06-21-2019, 08:45 PM
Senior Member
 
bruintoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: California, USA
Posts: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantrium View Post
I just picked up my car today. It was completely updated, all modules, 30+ updates installed. It took them nearly 3 full days with the car hooked up to their pathfinder system to get them all done..

CarPlay still doesnt work right.
Maybe this will help?
1. Try deleting Jaguar I-Pace from the list of My Cars
2. Reset your iPhone (volume dp, volume down, then keep holding the power button until the Apple icon appears).
3. Start your I-Pace, wait until everything loads.
4. Connect your iPhone and add it to CarPlay.
bruintoo is online now  
Reply




Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome